The greatest magic of all

Keep it clean, the kids are invited to sit around the campfire.
daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

The greatest magic of all

Post by daibanjo » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:38 am

There once was a man reading a book about magic. Not sleight of hand stage magic but the real thing. So he got to thinking "What is the greatest magic of all?" He knew of an old hermit living in the forest, so he sought him out and asked him. The old hermit replied that he would be unable to answer the question but he knew of an Indian woman living in the mountains who could help.
After following the hermit's directions high into the mountains, he came to an old wooden house. There, standing outside, as though she were expecting him, stood an elderly indian woman. He explained the reason for his visit.
"I know." She replied, "And I will answer. First, lets have a cup of tea."
They went inside and he sat down and she began to pour the tea. Suddenly there was an earthquake. It was strong and continous. The man was terrified. Jumping up he ran for the dorr and dived into his car and took off in terror. A tree fell in front of him so he was forced to turn around and head down the mountain in the opposite way to the one he knew. There was an avalanche and trees were falling, but somehow he managed to escape unhurt. He drove for a number of hours until his fear wore off.
Then he realized he was in the middle of the desert. Lost, and almost out of gas. Far in the distance, he thought he could see something. He drove towards it and as he got closer he saw that it was a gas station. Almost driving on fumes he managed to get there.
When he got out of his car he was met by an indian couple who told him they had been expecting him. In fact they told him he was to marry their daughter thet evening. Well, he'd only stopped by for gas. He wasn't too keen on this idea until he saw the daughter. She was totally gorgeous.
"Well" He though"I didn't have plans for the next couple of days."
That night was a wedding ceremony and a celebration. The next morning, When he woke, his new in-laws had left. They had left the proprty to him and his new wife. This wasn't just a gas station, it was also a convenience store. The store sat at something of a crossroads in the desert and was quite successful and extremely profitable. Though the man had only planned to stay a few days, the days turned to weeks and years. Soon he was prosperous with a beautiful wife and, by now, two adorable children.
One day he was sitting on his porch thinking how fortunate he was and how good his life had become, when a limousine pulled up. Out stepped a famous Hollywood director. He told the man that this location was perfect for the movie he was making and he offered three million dollars if he could film there for five days. The man agreed and the director left promising to be back the next day with the contract.
That night the man went to sleep in total bliss. Everything was perfect and the next day would make him rich.
He went to sleep. Then, when he opened his eyes, there he was back in that wooden house in the mountains. The old woman was still pouring the tea.
"And that" she said "Is the greatest magic of all."
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Crazy...thank you for the story!

Am I interpreting wrong... or are dreams the strongest magic.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:59 pm

That is really beautiful.

How I would interpret in this condition I am in: Dreams, yes, but the ability to dream the world into being, to live your life so in-tune with the universe that everything goes exactly as it should. Everything is flawless, everything comes effortlessly, as long as you are dancing with Spirit and not stepping on toes or trying to lead, just going with the music. Manifesting.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:54 am

Man, how hacked off would you be if you were that guy, though? One minute you have it all, the next minute.... poof! :lol:

But that's what those lessons are like, I suppose.

On a related note, I really need to find some more Ancient North Americans books. They always put me back in a spiritual mood.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:30 am

Do you mind if i make a suggestion, Windwalker?
Instead of finding some good ancient north american books, find some good ancient north americans. or at least find the people who know the ancient stories.
Most of what i have learned hasn't come from books or the net, it came from talking to people and hearing what they have to say. Listen to their stories and then make ones of your own.

Hmmm i thought of another story i'll put this in the humor section.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:01 am

I was actually speaking of a series, by the Gears. I always think of them as the "people of" series but apparently they're called the Ancient North Americans series. They're always somewhat spiritual and tend to give me inspiration to go back to my studies.

In response to your suggestion, it's hard to find Native Americans when one lives in New Zealand ;) I don't know any pagans in real life who are any older than I am.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes