The memoirs of Paulo Coelho

Keep it clean, the kids are invited to sit around the campfire.
Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

The memoirs of Paulo Coelho

Post by Tagwen » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:47 pm

Alright I've got a few stories to post which are in Paulo Coelho books. One is from the Alchemist and the others from Maktub, but there worth the illegal actions against the copy write. ;)

The Narcissus : Once a youth knelt daily beside a lake to contemplate his own beauty. He was so fascinated by himself that, one morning, he fell into the lake and drowned. At the sport where he fell a flower as born, which was called the narcissus.

When Narcissus died, the goddesses of the forest appeared and found the lake, which had been fresh water, transformed into a lake of salty tears.
"Why do you weeps?" the goddesses asked.
"I weep for Narcissus," the lake replied.
"Ah, it is no surprise that you weep for Narcissus," they said, " for though we always pursued him, in the forest, you alone could contemplate his beauty close at hand."
"But... was Narcissus beautiful?" the lake asked.
"Who better then you to know that?" the goddesses said in wonder. "After all, it was by your banks the he knelt each to to contemplate himself!"

The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said: "I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."

Next:

A man eating breakfast with his lawyer friend listens to a ranting drunk who tries a many occasions to entice a conversation. But the other bickers: "Why do you not listen to me? I speak of love like no sober man would and I show you my Joy, yet you reproach me as if I did something wrong."

"It isn't the moment." the other replied.
"Your saying there a time to express ones joy of life?"
Thus at that phrase the men incite the alcoholic to their table.

Last:

"Who is the best a wielding a sword?" the warrior asked.
"Go to fields next to the monastery. There is a rock there, go and insult it." said the master.
-To what good? The rock will not answer my voice?
-So, attack it with your sword.
-I will not do that either. My sword shall break if I do that, and if I where to strike with my hands, I'd hurt my hands for nothing. My question was: Who is the best at wielding a sword?
-The best is like a rock" replied the master. Without unsheathing his blade, he shows that none can win versus him."

Hope you enjoyed these stories :-D .

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:17 pm

Those were VERY good! Thank you for sharing! I enjoyed them :) very very much
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG