Precognative Memory - Theory and Practice

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Precognative Memory - Theory and Practice

Post by Hytegia » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:02 am

Theory: There's many paths of life. If, looked from above, it would be as if watching a traveler walking a ways, connected to more than a million forking roads and a millionfold to that. Some are interlocked where other people made the descicion, and other routes get closed off because of past descicions. But, what if you could see what would happen if you decided to take the same pace, constantly, and contenue on the path you were on now? To- Remember things that haven't happened yet?
Perhaps it IS possible, infact, to have a memories if you stimulate your Spirit to tap into the route of one of those paths... To see how an action would give you, and take away from you.

Developing a method of testing and practice for it AS WE SPEAK/TYPE/WHATEVER. :)
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Precognative Memory - Theory and Practice

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:38 am

I don't think you'd want all of the memories of things that haven't happened to you... Do you really want to remember what rape and torture feel like?

Otherwise, what you're describing is simply a form of divination... A hard skill to learn if you don't have the talent for it, but quite easy otherwise. The roads you're talking about are there, but you're not considering that even a simple unconscious spelling mistake, will change when and where you were going to be somewhere... Personally, that sort of knowledge would get rather tedious quite quickly, and you'd never live your life, simply replaying pasts and presents that never happened.

Better to stick with straight Divination in my opinion... After all, part of living is finding joy in life. Knowing that there could have been something better for you that you missed would undermine that, right? (IMHO)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:45 am

I went through a stage of wanting to know about my past lives since a psychic told me a couple of outlines. I have an inkling about a couple of them. I've pondered whether I should spend some time finding out what went on and still don't know if I will or not. I think I decided that if I have a problem in this life caused by the last life then I should just sort it out rather than ponder over it. And perhaps there's a reason most of us don't remember the lives, we're not meant to know? But that is my current status, if you find it really useful, tell us about it, I'm willing to be convinced! I've read books (that have an obvious bias) about the positives coming out of finding about your past lives :-k
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:10 pm

With everything you do, there are risks... Right now, I was going to use it to see if I should ask my long-time lady to-
*Cough*
Well, I'll tell you that if it happens. But I was thinking about such a descicion, and I was going to use a Love Stimulus to thry to PreCognate memories for it. Infact, I've almost completely gotten through with the small Ritual plan for it... Involving a lasting kiss and several unseen symbols at candlelight to generate the Cognative memories in the emotional and spiritual gathering of energies beneath the full moon~
Poetic...

But, now we must ask the Tradgedy of Faust-
"Is it really worth it?"

For those of you who aren't familiar with the story, the Tradgedy of Faust was the story of a man who made a deal with the devil- Infinite Knowledge for his Soul. 20 years later Satan comes to cash it in, and the last chapter is a mourning... Good read, and very insightful to all things that we might ever consider doing if we need to ask that question...
:P
Nor any drop to drink."

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:17 pm

My non-magical advice would be wait until she asks you. And she will, eventually.

And I've not read that version, but read/seen the Marlowe play. I liked it, but that's because I like Marlowe!

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Well, I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth it, and that PreCognative memories of this will suck if it goes bad. :(
Instead, I've been distracted by another disturbance in the town, and it's been bothering me too much to think about this- But once the issue's resolved I'll get right back onto the Ritual plan!
Nor any drop to drink."

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:19 pm

If I'm right and what your talking about is what I'm thinking about,then I think I could have, accidentally, done this a few times.(Always with a grain of salt. Sometimes what I see scares the crap out of me.)

If you're absolutely set on doing this, don't set your heart on getting specifics. It's generally very blurry stuff, for me of course. If you're successful, you may want to be careful: If you let your imagination taint the visions, they'll be useless. (I've always done it in my sleep, and just lately in deeper meditation. My waking mind can't run of with 'if this...' and 'why'.) If something bad happens, take it with a grain of salt. You could choose between walking or driving somewhere, and if you previously had a vision of being in a car crash, be more attentive to your driving. You may get into a tight spot, but you WILL survive if you don't freak out.

That's about as much as I can muster for now, still fighting that infection. Good luck to you, and be careful!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 pm

timelines versus force choice

Here are some of my thoughts on the issue, and forgive that they may ramble a bit as nothing I have is firm and set but changes and morphs as new understanding comes.

My views on awareness of past and futures are also reflected in my views on hyperspace and time travel.

Imagine, if you will, that time is laid out like a filmstrip. Each frame is a momentary picture of the whole of the universe seperated by the smallest fraction of a tick. As we learn to travel faster than light, we will step "outside" those frames to travel vast distances in fewer frames. The further we move outside the frames, the more we will be able to move withn a single frame. Eventually we will be so far away from it, we will be able to select which frame past or future we will be able to enter back in.

How this relates is that some people are able to push their psychic awareness out to those limits and see the frames in future and past.

Now go out farther, until the filmstrip looks like a thread. You start to see other threads, they branch off and sometimes rejoin each other. These are the alternate timelines. Unlike "popular" theory they are not formed by each individual person making alternate choices. The multiverse doesn't care if you put on your jeans or trousers in the morning or if you came down Main St or State St to get to work. It is focused around major nexi events. Sometimes these are people, minor or major, others are events. The timelines diverge at these events. Sometimes the order of these nexi are different, sometimes the timelines merge again.

Which one we end up or move to can be based on our choices, conversely our choices are made based on the shape of the universe around us. Precogition is the trick of seeing the variety of choices we can make and then seeing the best path of choices based on that person and the shape of their universe.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:01 pm

The way I see it is that there are many roads, and many paths... If viewed from above, it would look like insanity, as each choice takes you away from another, yet leads to new paths and new choices. Some rough and tough, but some plain and simple.
But, in this method, you're trying to generate memories of a Future self if you followed every descicion based on this emotion-

Such as Love for someone you care about very much.

But, as it goes, it's a lose-lose situation. Either you're seeing things the way they would have been, and are miserable... Or you see something terrible (such as going to ID a body at a morgue) that makes you regret ever having thought it, and you're miserably stuck with the memory you never had.
A neutural option would be more appropriate for this is if you decide to do it for a friend... Or for the obtainment of payment for services rendered (hey, even Wizards and Witches need cash!).

But, in all, you must still ask yourself the single question:
"Is it Worth it?"
Nor any drop to drink."

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 am

That's a nice metaphor for precognitive memory Dark Waters, I always imagined it as rivers, splitting with each possible future decision, sometimes coming back together I'm not sure why. But I like your version too.

The funny thing is, I always say I don't want to know the future, but I often do a tarot spread when I have difficult decisions to make. So I guess I want reassurance? haha! I don't even understand my own contradictions at times.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Remember that tarot spreads reveal the way things will be "if things continue on the same path." (For instance, a chronic dangerous drug user could have a reading in which early death is in their spread - if they get clean and live a long and happy life, that spread was not wrong, but a representation of what will become if things continue as they are. It is something that should be mentioned to the client when giving readings, too. I've never given a reading with a bad outcome without also giving methods to avoid it.)

Future is not set in stone. Every moment is a moment of creation :) and hence, a choice of who you are and what you will become.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:04 pm

*Cough*
I've heard of several cases of Fate... Where, for some reason, they were born to do a task. Don't know how, and don't know why~ Just are.

Care to debate?
Nor any drop to drink."

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Possible futures, likely outcomes ... To me, in my honest opinion ... Is different to fate.

Some things are fated to happen (if you follow that kind of belief and thinking), some things are just possibilities, not set in stone, not fated to happen.

But then, I also believe we are all here for some higher purpose. Be it a soul journey, or something else. Sometimes, some people are just "fated" to do certain things in a certain time frame because they were meant to this time around. But then, it can also be circumstantial, and it may not happen.

Who knows really? It's just the universes way of doing things I suppose.

(Sorry if I sound a bit vague lol .. Just got back from a really busy couple of days out of town lol)
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:35 am

I like the idea that sometimes you are meant to meet certain people, or arrive at a certain place, but I'd hope there is room for movement of choice in my future (on a cosmic level I mean). Life tasks? Yes, I'd agree with that. And I just want to grumble about my annoyingly correct tarot cards, they tell me what is good for me and I still don't listen. I know the little painted figures are smugly crossing their arms smirking "I told you so" haha!