Ritual for the Calling of Rain

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Ritual for the Calling of Rain

Post by Hytegia » Sat May 16, 2009 9:43 pm

This is a Ritual I used alot in my life. Yes, we can debate the Ethics of using it to get out of yardwork LATER. Right now, we can discuss how you can, with proper practice, call the rain to fall from the sky upon your brow.

flyaway:

Tools:
Bowl of Water (Not from the sink. Perferably Rain Water gathered earlier, or specially-made ritual water)
Chalk
Towel (If done inside, several towels)
A Cloudy Day (You have to have rain to Call, ya know!)

First off, draw yor circle on the ground. I know, I might be the only one who does this in the entire magickal world, but that's what I do. You can ignore this step and go onto the next one.

Second, take the bowl of water and move it around in the bowl. Allow your mind and spirit to contemplate it, and meditate on it's power. How it is so powerful, yet is required for the very survival of everything on the planet. Think of how plentiful it is, and how gently it flows in the bowl. Picture, in your mind, this motion forming in the clouds.

Once you have reached a state where you believe you can call the rain from the heavens, and pour down upon the earth, recite the following:
Oh Water that Flows from the Heavens,
Oh Water that falls from the sky-
Pour down your might upon my brow,
so that ye servants shaln't die!

Bring forth the life that pours from the darkness,
Bring them forth from the clouded sky-
So all may gaze in awe and wonder,
As ye Might gushes forth from on high!

Fall rains! Blow winds!
Pour upon my head!
Ye blessed tears fal down upon us,
Lest the Earth shall die!

I call forth the Water from Heaven!
I call forth the Tears of the Gods!
I call forth the Life in the Darkness!
I call forth the Might on High!
So Mote It be!!!

Upon the final line, as you recite So Mote It Be pan-toss the water straight over your head, attempting to make it fall like rain upon your head. Look up toward it, and allow it to rain down upon your face.

Confirmations: I have had several instances of Comformation that the spell worked. One instance, I was doing it, and I was met by a gust of heavy wind from my back... Even though there was a treeline to my back. Thunder may be an indicator, aswell as lightning. But if it Lightnings, I reccommend that you run away. See the Recitement tips toward the bottom.

(Reciting tips: Recite as if you are desperate, and pleading the clouds to pour upon you. As if your life depended on it. Try to build up to the last lines, aswell. If you can somehow make yourself cry, it would SERIOUSLY help the spell.
I know I don't have to tell you guys this, but BELIEVE the words will work.
Oh, and don't cast it in a rage, stress, or anger... :/ I kinda dropped the ball one day and made a storm out of a couple of small clouds to rain out my lil bro's baseball game becouse I didn't want to take him to it- And I regretted it so much I went and helped them unflood the fields by hand.)

-Hytegia
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Ritual for the Calling of Rain

Post by Hytegia » Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 am

The only thing I have about this is that you are, in essence, lieing to them and begging for rain like you and the land is going to die without it.
:/
Well, it's not called the Ritual of the Pleasently Asking for Rain. It's meant to be used if you need it... And I need it for dodging yardwork. The main problem is that I think I've done it too much. Rain in the Southwest this week after I did it (becouse my girlfriend wanted to watch me do a ritual) has spiked at an annoying rate- which is bad for alot of people.
#-o

Anyhow, you're perfectly welcome. Please use more sparingly than I have a habit of doing right now. There IS the possibility (like the clouds and the spirits said) of making Mother Nature frown. Rain has other places to be besides at your window, and I think I'm learning my lesson the hard way.
Nor any drop to drink."

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue May 19, 2009 11:48 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Listen to Mother Nature and listen to her rhythms. That, I found, has been the best way to get rains when your fields are dying, or sun when homes are flooding. That way, there is no lying, no show, no stealing rains from other places that need it, no causing storms for others who need to pass through, etc.
Like I said: I learned my lesson. Just too late. Now I think that these storms are Nature's way of telling me "SHUT UP KID, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UP TO, NOW HERE'S ENOUGH RAIN TO HOLD YOU OVER FOR SUMMER. ENJOY." I'm not using it again anytime soon... But I posted that spell just for reference to everyone else if they want to do it.
Nor any drop to drink."

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed May 20, 2009 4:15 am

I know. Sorry if it came across as your post coming across as insulting, and by that I hope I haven't insulted you.
:D
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed May 20, 2009 6:19 am

As a teen, I had a charm to call a storm...don't remember what it was b/c I stopped using it. Would sometimes use it in the summer when the heat was about to kill me! Tried to use it once to get out of work early, and the storm held off until my day off. #-o

But, the big thing that told me....yah know, that can be a BAD idea...is when I taught it to my friend, and we both used it the same day in the winter to try and get a snow day...and ended up with a blizzard. Which hashed all our plans.

That and the other storm convinced me to leave it alone.

The only thing I do to call rain is occasionally if the air is heavy and the pressure's right, but it's not raining, I'll take our Bullroarer out and give it a few good spins. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uYP1Q8o ... annel_page) Though, it's most known as an Aborigine device, there has been versions found in Celtic burial sites and in Native American sites. We have the more slender, tapered Celtic version, according to the research Hubby's done. (There's actually a Native American tribe that you're not supposed to use this around, either b/c the sound to them is a means of cursing someone or it's part of one of their sacred rites and using it outside that rite is an insult...can't remember who or why though! :-k )
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 20, 2009 9:51 am

Wow... watching that video gave me chills! It had an amazing rhythm, ebbing and flowing. I didn't know that these were used to call rains!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed May 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Actually, I think it's more of a way to get the Divine's attention...Hubby once called it a Spiritual Pager!

The intent behind why you're sounding it is what really calls the rains.

Though, i think it was used in some cultures, or a variant, to call rain. The Ebb and Flow it makes is very water-ish, isn't it, or the sighing of the winds through the trees during a rain...or storm? That's what always makes me think of using it for rain...
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 21, 2009 7:25 pm

I've been able to call rain a few times now... I'm getting better as I practice.

The most vibrant time was last fall. The weather was cold and dreary, the temp was sitting around 5 degrees (Celcius) and the sky refused to let loose. I probed the clouds and found out that they wouldn't be releasing on Calgary, instead raining just outside of Calgary.

I desperately wanted snow, so I pushed those clouds, imagining then suddenly releasing their load, in my mind, turning it into a snowstorm so thick that I couldn't see more than a foot or so in front of my face. Then I backed out of the clouds and continued on my way home.

When I got downtown, it was raining. By the time I'd walked two blocks the rain was heavy, and carrying a chill with them.

I got home around 5 pm... by 6 pm when me and my hubby headed out to a nearby restaurant for dinner the rain was so thick that we were having trouble seeing things 20 ft away. And it was getting constantly colder.

Unfortunately, the rain couldn't hold out long enough, and finally died off late that evening. The temperature dropped below zero that night, and a large part of Calgary woke up to ice covered roads.

While I was immensely pleased with the fact that I was able to do it (weather has never been a forte of mine :-" ), I did feel miserable knowing that not only had I inconvenienced people (such as Grimwell, who got caught out in it without an umbrella or a jacket), but that I had done it for such a spurious reason as my own selfish desire.

I've learned my lesson... The most I do now, is call down gradual changes and light inclement weather. This way, I have less chance of hurting people, or the environment with my desires.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:04 pm

I was listening to this comedian the other day who was talking about "rain dances".

To do it right, you really need to practice. And if you practice and it rains, you really don't need the ritual, and if it doesn't, then obviously you're not doing something right. :-D
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:12 am

Ritual is a channeling of your Will and Power to making a change.
:]
So, all of this is void if you reach the point to doing it anyhow.
Nor any drop to drink."

pheonix
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by pheonix » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 pm

For me, calling upon the rain has been relatively easy, especially me being mostly water elemental. Although it gets harder for me at times when i have not meditated in a while. When calling upon the rain, i get dramatic or more emotional. I sometimes used a stone to help magnify the power, usually for me, aquamarine, and then chant. The first time I ever did it intentionally, I was angry..well it stormed, and the next day i found out that a tree branch fell and damaged one of my friend's car. oops.