Motivation

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
Gaia Dragoncat
Level 1
Level 1

Motivation

Post by Gaia Dragoncat » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:50 pm

Anyone got any great rituals for self motivation during school. Open to any ideas you might have?
Blessed Be!

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:01 am

When I was going through exams (more exams coming up next month!) I do some breathing exercises. Not only do they calm your jittery nerves, but they also help you stay positive.

I empty my lungs, breathing out steadily thinking "Out, out negative feelings", then I breathe in deeply thinking "In, in positive knowledge" :-D After a few repetitions of that I feel very good about myself and the exam I'm going to face and I'm not panicky.

Another thing I like to do is before I go to sleep, I list 10 academic things I have achieved that day and why they were good for me :-D I'm a kind of person who likes to think that what I'm doing now, even if it is hard work, will go on to benefit me greatly in the future, so thinking of that good future motivates me to keep up the good work.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men