Self Cleansing Bath

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
Post Reply
User avatar
iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 am
Location: Mountain View, Missouri
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Self Cleansing Bath

Post by iriseyes » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:21 pm

Okay.. I hear some giggles.. :-? Thats not what Im talking about..

I would like to find a ritual or just a plain good meditating bath I could take to release some negative feelings I have..
I have read of the ritual baths before casting a circle or working magick but haven't really found one just for a cleansing or meditation bath.

Any suggestions???
To thine own self be true.

User avatar
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:46 am
Location: White Oak, PA
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by Kystar » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Pick some candles, incense and oils that help relax you and have cleansing or purifying properties. Play some gentle music that you can meditate to. Relax, focus and center yourself. At the end of the bath, push all the negativity into the water, letting it drift away from you as you pull the drain. Running water has no charge but its own, and tends to carry energy away to be purified, thus your negativity will swirl away from you, to be cleansed by the earth.

A short version of this I use when I am losing my temper at work. I gather the negative emotions into a ball in my hands and wash them, letting the anger flow away.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

User avatar
Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Windwalker » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:50 pm

Just a reminder to be careful about meditating in the bath. If you fall asleep or something you could drown. Which would suck.

Just a warm bath itself should go some way towards ridding you of negativity. It's definitely you-time, so spend an hour or so in there and you should be relaxed and content. Hot water will ease the aches and stresses in your muscles, lavendar oil or incense will help you relax. Burn some candles just to set the mood and read a book you really enjoy. (Mills and Boon seems to be traditional in these circumstances. Personally I'd read Watership Down or something by Roald Dahl.)

It's not a ritual, as such, but it's you-time and sometimes that's all you need.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

User avatar
SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by SageWolf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:31 pm

sometimes, I'll take a nice warm bath after a hard day, then I will imagine all the negative energies going down the drain, that really helps too.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

User avatar
iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 am
Location: Mountain View, Missouri
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by iriseyes » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:46 pm

I take long hot baths my self..

This is what happend.. I know now it was very stupid of me to do so..

My boyfriend got really upset(mad) at his X. I mean really mad, actually I had never seen him the two years we have been together so mad..

Anyway.. I felt so bad for him and he was projecting this rage out.. So, I pulled from him. Within two minutes my chest area began to burn fiercely. I felt like I had swallowed flames.. I thought Oh Great Goddess I took to much, so I sent it back.. (hey Im a newbie learning lessons as I go lets call this lesson #1).
As soon as I sent it back , I felt better.. But he didn't I heard an UGG. I said Honey you okay and he simply said no in a week voice, I said whats the matter Is your chest burning.. I almost giggled for a min.. He was all slumped over grabbing at his chest..

Things got better and I told him what I had did, he didn't think that was a very good idea..

anyway, I want to have a way to release things like this..
To thine own self be true.

User avatar
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:46 am
Location: White Oak, PA
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by Kystar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:50 pm

you know, I would probably do some seriously illegial stuff for the chance to take a bath right now. I GOT a shower, but no tub. :( So, no baths. :(
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

User avatar
iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 am
Location: Mountain View, Missouri
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by iriseyes » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:57 pm

Kystar wrote:you know, I would probably do some seriously illegial stuff for the chance to take a bath right now. I GOT a shower, but no tub. :( So, no baths. :(
I lived in a house like that.. When I moved to a different place I swear to any Goddess that I took a hot bath twice daily.. :-D
To thine own self be true.

User avatar
SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by SageWolf » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:02 pm

kRYSTAR, i HAVE A BATH TUB YOU COULD BORROW, IF YOU WOULD LIKE, i'LL EVEN ADD BUBBLES FOR YA :-D cOME ON OVER.

sAGEwOLF
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

User avatar
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:46 am
Location: White Oak, PA
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by Kystar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:31 pm

LOL...thanks sage, but I think My hubby would have issues with driving from Pittsburgh, PA to Missouri is it? Just so I can take a bath. #-o

I am still considering making him get us a hotel room some weekend at someplace that has two things: A juccuzi tub and an indoor pool.

My cancer side is going CRAZY without being immersed in water! Though, I think I might look into the pool at my old high school.

Strange how we crave contact with certain elements after a while.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

User avatar
iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 am
Location: Mountain View, Missouri
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by iriseyes » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:33 pm

Kystar wrote:LOL...thanks sage, but I think My hubby would have issues with driving from Pittsburgh, PA to Missouri is it? Just so I can take a bath. #-o

I am still considering making him get us a hotel room some weekend at someplace that has two things: A juccuzi tub and an indoor pool.

My cancer side is going CRAZY without being immersed in water! Though, I think I might look into the pool at my old high school.

Strange how we crave contact with certain elements after a while.
I am cancer as well.. Im so drawn to water its so crazy sometimes.
To thine own self be true.

User avatar
Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Windwalker » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:02 am

iriseyes wrote: Anyway.. I felt so bad for him and he was projecting this rage out.. So, I pulled from him. Within two minutes my chest area began to burn fiercely. I felt like I had swallowed flames.. I thought Oh Great Goddess I took to much, so I sent it back.. (hey Im a newbie learning lessons as I go lets call this lesson #1).
As soon as I sent it back , I felt better.. But he didn't I heard an UGG. I said Honey you okay and he simply said no in a week voice, I said whats the matter Is your chest burning.. I almost giggled for a min.. He was all slumped over grabbing at his chest..

Things got better and I told him what I had did, he didn't think that was a very good idea..

anyway, I want to have a way to release things like this..
Hey, this is how we learn. I try not to touch other people's emotions, but if you want to take disruptive energies like this it's best to stick them into something else right away. I recommend a pebble. Then throw it into running water and walk away without looking back.

In situations where there's no stream or river nearby, leaving the pebble on top of the plughole under running water would work just as well. (You could always just leave the energy in the pebble, but that could seep out and be disruptive, or affect anyone who touched it. It would also be rather unfair to the pebble.)
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

User avatar
iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 am
Location: Mountain View, Missouri
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by iriseyes » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:28 am

Windwalker wrote:
iriseyes wrote: Anyway.. I felt so bad for him and he was projecting this rage out.. So, I pulled from him. Within two minutes my chest area began to burn fiercely. I felt like I had swallowed flames.. I thought Oh Great Goddess I took to much, so I sent it back.. (hey Im a newbie learning lessons as I go lets call this lesson #1).
As soon as I sent it back , I felt better.. But he didn't I heard an UGG. I said Honey you okay and he simply said no in a week voice, I said whats the matter Is your chest burning.. I almost giggled for a min.. He was all slumped over grabbing at his chest..

Things got better and I told him what I had did, he didn't think that was a very good idea..

anyway, I want to have a way to release things like this..
Hey, this is how we learn. I try not to touch other people's emotions, but if you want to take disruptive energies like this it's best to stick them into something else right away. I recommend a pebble. Then throw it into running water and walk away without looking back.

In situations where there's no stream or river nearby, leaving the pebble on top of the plughole under running water would work just as well. (You could always just leave the energy in the pebble, but that could seep out and be disruptive, or affect anyone who touched it. It would also be rather unfair to the pebble.)
This one was a doozy.. After doing it I thought you darn idiot. I have read in some place you can project this type of thing in rocks and other things and if you do not have a stream nearby you can bury the things.

A friend of mine says she projects this into someone she doesn't like.. I thought it was funny but the more I think about it I feel this could be wrong to do so.. What are your thoughts..
To thine own self be true.

User avatar
Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Windwalker » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:54 pm

iriseyes wrote: This one was a doozy.. After doing it I thought you darn idiot. I have read in some place you can project this type of thing in rocks and other things and if you do not have a stream nearby you can bury the things.

A friend of mine says she projects this into someone she doesn't like.. I thought it was funny but the more I think about it I feel this could be wrong to do so.. What are your thoughts..
I think that wrong and right are things you have to work out for yourself. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I've got no real belief in the threefold law or karma, so I don't think it would bite me in the arse if I hexed someone, but ethically I'd much rather avoid the person.

However, that doesn't mean that when a certain person I loathe gets fat and looks ten years older than she actually is I won't laugh. (Mwahaha. Ha.)
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

User avatar
iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 am
Location: Mountain View, Missouri
Zodiac: Cancer
Contact:

Post by iriseyes » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:32 am

Windwalker wrote:
iriseyes wrote: This one was a doozy.. After doing it I thought you darn idiot. I have read in some place you can project this type of thing in rocks and other things and if you do not have a stream nearby you can bury the things.

A friend of mine says she projects this into someone she doesn't like.. I thought it was funny but the more I think about it I feel this could be wrong to do so.. What are your thoughts..
I think that wrong and right are things you have to work out for yourself. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I've got no real belief in the threefold law or karma, so I don't think it would bite me in the arse if I hexed someone, but ethically I'd much rather avoid the person.

However, that doesn't mean that when a certain person I loathe gets fat and looks ten years older than she actually is I won't laugh. (Mwahaha. Ha.)
I was thinking of being bit my self..

I like your way.. =D>
To thine own self be true.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests