The Neverland ritual

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
fussa-faery
Level 1
Level 1

The Neverland ritual

Post by fussa-faery » Fri May 19, 2006 6:47 pm

This is an alternative to coming of age ritual and can be used on children who are sensitive on the subject of growing up and particularly leaving there childhood. It helps to keep children who are not ready to face adulthood feel as though they have more control will not be pushed into the grown up world and can still have fun. I don’t know If you have met anybody who would rather this ritual too a coming of age ceremony but I have met a few as well as myself at 13 who would give anything to be able to fly too neverland.

Have the Girl or Boys parents lead him/her out into somewhere thick with trees at dusk with a few flashlights in trees to light a pathway to walk on. then have the kid say a few words about how they feel about growing up before doing this ritual you should pretty much know your kid is not ready for it. Have them explain how they feel and tell them that it is all right that by fallowing the trail of lights they can find there way to Neverland but that they will be fallowing along after them are all times. At the end of his/her path light a clearing with tiki torches or electric lanterns. set in a circle around a jumble of your Child's favorite toys and things that they do not want to leave behind. Once you come to the end of the path cast a circle and take out a large bole filled with water. Then say Baldur bless this water with innocence, peace and joy. Bes gives this water protection for (The Child's name). Tsao Wang bestows the bonds of family love with in this water. And Lastly Hebe great goddess gives this water Internal youth. Then the child pours the water over themselves or sprinkles it or rubs it on themselves or drinks it. Then They can write out a message about why there not ready to leave child hood and thanking the god and the goddess for holding off and giving them wonderful youth. Just a few words and burn it on a candle flame trusting Hermes to bring it to the god and goddess safely. After that give them a necklace or charm of a star so they will never forget there way to Neverland.
"Fairy's may be a figment of my imagination, but doesn’t that make them real?"

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 19, 2006 9:01 pm

That's really sweet :)

Perfect, I think, for some kids who are nervous about the transition from elementary to high school :)

Or from preschool to elementary

And could be adapted easily. Thanks for sharing!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

fussa-faery
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fussa-faery » Sat May 20, 2006 9:29 am

Why thankyou :-)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 25, 2006 10:53 am

Sounds pretty good.

But why so many Gods/esses from so many different traditions? :-?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat May 27, 2006 10:40 am

Would anyone mind if I reference this ritual in a paper?

I will be sure to give proper references.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 27, 2006 1:58 pm

I think a P.M to fussa-faery would be a good idea, Willow.

fussa-faery
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fussa-faery » Sun May 28, 2006 9:40 am

Well I just put down the gods and goddesses which I would use leaving it open for anyone to put in deities they feel close too. I am very eclectic so that would explain the gods and goddesses from all different cultures.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun May 28, 2006 3:17 pm

She already pm's me but thanks Ragnar.

As always the board will be referenced!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)