Spring Equinox

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Spring Equinox

Post by white_harmony » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:15 pm

On my side of the world, we will be heading into Spring in close to 3 weeks time, and I was wondering what, if anything, everyone did for their Spring Equinox? Now that I have got my own place again, it lets me be able to get back to my solitary practise, and I thought what better way than with the turning of the equinox!

Blessings All!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:06 am

Start to prep a garden area...and bless it.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:56 pm

* happy happy happy*

I know,I'm looking forward to spring so much this year. You weren't in any areas that had snow recently were you? There was in Melbourne. Very very odd.

I'm going to be holding a party at my house the night before I celebrate spring personally. Fill the house with good cheer/food/frinds/music. The day after I'm going to dedicate a small shrine ( planting a new Juniper tree) behind my herb/vegetable patch in the backyard. My rituals are very informal, but I may make this one slightly more 'special'. I may try calling the elements as well as my gods, the closest I get to casting circles. I also make a small sacrifice of a serve of my favourite food. I have one bite, the rest goes in the dirt.

I ask the my gods to bless the earth, bring out the sun, bless my family and my partner, and ask for assured health and peace throughout the new season. I mostly focus on the earth though.

It'll be interesting to see whether my cat invites herself to participate this year as well. She was a kitten last year, and attacked my offerings before I finished the ritual. That'll learn me to name her Loki. :lol:
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:27 am

geez...where do you stand on familiars? let them into and out of circle at will, or keep them in or out?
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Wild_Wiccan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Spring Equinox

Post by Wild_Wiccan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 am

Thats a good question on familiars, I suppose its a personal thing - they wont (doubtfully..hopefully) bring any harm into the circle but in their pursuit for affection may get in the way, maybe hurt by a candle or something.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:20 pm

Last year our elder kitty, Minkers (Grimwell's familiar) decided to join our celebration for Samhain... He walked in and his bushy tail caught our candle flame! He singed off a bit of tail fur, and then looked at me questioningly wondering why I had been beating him around the tail area. He hadn't noticed the flames or heat yet, because his fur was so thick! It was vaguely rewarding, after seeing him stride haughtily out of the sacred space, the confused look later that evening when he went to clean his tail and came up with a mouthful of ash... :badgrin:

Speaking of which... Do you celebrate Beltane come October or Samhain, over below the southern hemisphere? :-k
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Poor Kitty! I could see the feline WTF? look pop up.

Noche lost a single whisker by getting too close to a candle...it was on the entertainment system thing's top, and she was coming down the stairs...she leaned through the stair rails to sniff it, one whisker touched the glass and singed, and she jerked back with the "HOW DARE YOU!" face. Hasn't gone near a candle since!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Kitsune wrote:Speaking of which... Do you celebrate Beltane come October or Samhain, over below the southern hemisphere? :-k
For myself, I celebrate in my own little way as the seasons come around. Took me a bit when I was learning as a teenager, to find out when the dates all were for Aussies rather than the northern hemisphere cause majority of the books we get down here are written by authors who only use the dates for that end of the world. Used to frustrate me so much lol. Fortunately, we have the internets now, and once I got online, it made life alot easier lol. I was looking around a while back for something completely different, and chanced across this little site - http://spheresoflight.com.au/index.php?page=sabbat - and I find it to be alright. Even though they have the "exact times and dates" on there for the sabbats, I much prefer the traditional dates myself.

Also, alot of people I have come across over the years still think of October as Samhain rather than Beltane .. They've obviously been reading the wrong books lol. But I suppose, when you consider that alot of us are now starting to celebrate Halloween more, that they've mentally linked the two and said "yep, that's when Samhain is" and they forget about Beltane.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~