Menstruation Rituals?

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
AislynRae
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Menstruation Rituals?

Post by AislynRae » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:06 pm

DIVA CUP= GREATEST INVENTION OF ALL TIME. Just sayin... it's a little weird at first but after the first couple times you use it, it's not nearly as strange... plus it's nice not worrying about running out of "ammo" or having to buy stuff all the time... also saves on waste :)

I miss having other women around to sync with... now I never know when it's coming...though, the last couple months I've kinda synced with the new moon... what's that mean?
"The future is on fire
Of a dying breed
Don't understate our relevance
We're the eyes in the walls
And we witness the vultures feed"

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Well, the new moon is about clearing and also new beginnings. Menstruation is also about those things!! I've never synced with the moon cycles as, no matter what's going on, I'm a 30-38 day cycle gal.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Holy Necroposting, Batman!

Now that I'm YEARS off the pill (Thank ALL the divine, that thing was messing me up ROYALLY), I'm at 28 days...so I sort of fall into the moon phase. However, I don't normally sync with the New Moon...I tend to go half-moon to half-moon...mostly.

I have noticed that when the seasons change, my period will shift a few days....so there's never a hard and fast with me.

I never tried the DivaCup for a multitude of reasons, but if I ever have a girl-child, I will make sure she knows something like that is an option for her own cycles.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Honestly, as unnatural as you guys will think it here, I haven't had a period in years and for once, I've never been happier. The UID that I'm using is perfect for me. Put it in and there's no fuss at all for me. I honestly wouldn't want to go back to having one... my never synced with anyone or anything around me, happened sometime in a loosely three week to six week period and more than a few times I would have two days with spots and then nothing...

On the other hand, I'm really glad that you all have found something that works for you. Anything that makes that time of the month easier is all for the good. :-)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

AislynRae
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AislynRae » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am

It's been brought to my attention that there is no form of hormonal or chemical birth control that my body will accept. I've tried the pill, the ring, and the depo shot and I just quit there. I've been permanently altered by the shot... my body isn't the same... it took me awhile but I eventually chose to listen to my body.
"The future is on fire
Of a dying breed
Don't understate our relevance
We're the eyes in the walls
And we witness the vultures feed"

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Have you researched and looks for natural forms of Birth control? I know there are certain herbs you can take that will help you not sure what I do know CHL will know She's an awesome lady.
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:51 am

Are there rituals or spells to help regulate one's periods? I have a very strange cycle. I only get about four a year, usually two during late summer/fall and two during late winter/spring. They'll last about 7-10 days, and for the first three days, I get cramps so bad that I'm confined to the bed. I've tried a few things to try and regulate them, but it never works. I know one of the first things the doctor or ob/gyn will try to do when I go in is put me on hormonal BC pills, but I really, really hate those with the fiery passion of a thousand angry red suns. Well, maybe not that much, but the side effects and long term aftereffects outweight any possible relief.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:14 am

My periods were highly irregular when I was younger. I'd get them somewhere between every 3 - 6 weeks and though they were usually light, it wasn't exactly a pleasure. Most hormonal drugs affect me pretty badly, making me depressed. I still haven't found a way to regulate them, but once again, I'm not the person to ask. I got an internal hormone regulator/birth control thing and it took my periods away completely. I must admit, with the internal hormones, I don't get the mood swings and rejection that my body usually has to them.

Hmm, once again, I'm going to defer to the others... They might know more on rituals. You could simply create a ritual, asking the Lady for that gift... :-k
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:24 pm

AislynRae: You might consider the Fertility Awareness Method (NOT the Rhythm method which is based off the stupid idea that we all menstruate every 28 days. Pfft.) Taking Charge of Your Fertility is an amazing book and is available on amazon, both for getting pregnant and preventing pregnancy. Also, um... Pine needle tea is amazing for your body, but has been linked to miscarriage in cows and humans, likely due to the extremely high vitamin C content. NOT advisable for preventing pregnancy, but there is a book out there called Hygeiea - A Woman's Herbal by Jeannine Parvati that goes into permanent or temporary sterility.

Mahala: It sounds like a possible hormone imbalance. Maca is fabulous at regulating hormones, and it makes men super-fertile. It's a peruvian root and an adaptogen, so all-around goodness. Licorice also acts like estrogen, so you can take licorice daily almost like a hormone pill. It's very good for you, too. MANY healing properties. It can be used to put your body back into balance. Magic-wise, moon rituals and ocean rituals would be helpful. Go with your gut and guidance rather than following one laid out in a book, as a woman's cycle is so deeply personal to her, and although much information can be gained by one's sisters, honouring your own power might be helpful.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 am

I've heard that a number of things can help regulate them, like maintaining a healthy weight, exercise, sex. None of those have worked, and I've seen women much bigger than myself have babies. Is maca something I could get a health or nutrition store, or will I have to look for it in smaller shops? I'll try the licorice, because I actually love licorice. How much licorice per day is enough to help out, and in what form should it be taken? What about for the maca?

I've tried, and I keep trying, to give my body an energy nudge whenever I can, to see if my body will decide to act normal. Sometimes it works a little, sometimes it doesn't. I'm trying to go in to see what may be physically wrong sometime soon. Hopefully my Medicaid will cover it, but I don't know how much of the family planning type services they cover.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:55 am

Maca is renowned for increasing fertility in men and women, and can be found in some health food stores. Get the raw version if you can because it tastes better. Some versions taste absolutely foul, but can be blended into smoothies without notice.

Licorice the root can be made into a tea and taken every day. Because of its estrogen properties I'm not sure if it would hinder conception but definitely best to stop if you do get pregnant. It has been used for regulation, though!

Try meditating on the rhythm of ocean waves or tides. After a while, feel yourself becoming one with them, in an all-encompassing way. I mean, super intense. Then bring that rhythm to your womb. On a side note, try extraction (pulling out stagnant energy, blockages, or intrusions which may be past life or even sent from angry people) on your 2A (front Sacral Chakra) and balancing both the front and back aspects of this chakra with each other. The front can easily become larger while the back becomes weak.

Hope that helps some!
Crazy Healer Lady

Aquamarine
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aquamarine » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:54 pm

I have a little ritual that I always do on the first day of my period. I took it from a youtube video, I don't remember from where exactly, but this ritual makes me feel so peaceful and helps me connect to the goddess.
I light a candle, preferablly red but it can be any colour you like and in this time I say :
"This is the blood that gaves life,
This is the blood that makes me female,
This is the blood that connects me with the Moon,
This is the blood that makes me furl,
This is the blood that connects me to the Goddess,
This is the blood that make me powerful."