Menstruation Rituals?

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:00 pm

Nope I don't, I wouldn't do that sort of thing unless it was essential for the continuation of life. I don't even like going on the pill. Makes me feel all odd. I was just sayin' I had pretty bad cramps one month, tormented me all day. I usually only get mild ones so it took me rather by surprise.

Is there anything you can do to make your period any easier? Are the doctors not of any help in that area? ("Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that cramps would tear apart your insides once a month? My bad...")

Thanks for mentioning it, though. There are probably quite a few women out there considering the procedure. The word must be spread!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:30 pm

I had to get my tubes tied because of the complications I had giving birth to both of my kids, I have tried everything, and my husband and I have talked about it and when we get Medical insurance I'm going to go get my tubes untied, I think it will be the only way for me. I am not sure I want too, for fear of getting pregnant again, But I don't know what else to do short of taking it all out and I'm definately not going to do that. I don't really trust Doctors, when I was pregnant both times they told me my son was too small and changed my Due Date on him (which was physically impossible for me to have gotten pregnant at that time I wasn't having sex then) and he turned out to be over 9 lbs and almost died, they told me my daughter was going to be 10 to 12 lbs and she was just over 7, so they don't know what they are doing I swear it. (on that note, they Doctor that changed my Due Date with my son even admitted that they should have left it alone, he was way over due.). I should also note that I had both of my children with no drugs whatsoever, I did it all naturally, and noone can understand how I did it and to tell you the truth I have no idea, :lol: I just did, I didn't want the drugs to get into my kids' system as it happens, I went so fast tho so I was glad for that.

Sage Wolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:01 am

CHL: Woot for the Diva cup, let me know how you like it. I couldn't be a bigger fan. I haven't used a disposable pad or coffee cup in over a year now. It feels incredible.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:21 am

Now What is a Diva Cup exactly?

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:29 am

http://www.divacup.com/

it is a menstrual cup that is worn internally instead of a pad or a tampon. There are sizes for women who have had children and who haven't. They last a really long time. And you can wash them with soap and water, sterilise them if you like. Best of all, they are re-usable. They are amazing if you camp. Some people aren't comfortable with them because they are worn internally, which is fine. I however absolutely love it. It is comfortable and way more convenient for me.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:11 pm

Now I'm curious about it, does it stay in the whole menstral cycle or do you take it out all the time to clean it or what? I know it sounds weird but I've found that when I'm on my period my husband and I do ermmm things to relieve the cramps on me, so are you able to do that or is it to be taken out . And what do you do to steralize it, I've look at them and they look pretty big, I've had children but I still wear a regular size tampon, those are the only ones that don't hurt being taken out. (I find I change more often in heavy flows but I still can't use anything bigger. Also they can be reusable about how long does it last, on the reusable thing? 6 months or less?

Ok I think thats all the Questions I got, I'm very curious about these and I'm thinking of buying some if I have the money,

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:19 pm

You take it out atleast every twelve hours and wash it with soapy water before putting it back in. Usually it is more like every 5-8 hours though.

You do have to take it out before intercourse. (I am assuming that is what you mean)...Hey were pagans here, we are cool with sex. :lol:

To steralize you just boil boil it like you would anything else (I think four minutes is standard).

They are not as big as you think, you fold them to insert them, besides, bigger and smaller things can go in there :oops: But if you make an OK sign with your hand, that is about the size of the opening.

The company can't make any claims as to how long they last. I have had mine for two years I think, I know women who have had theirs for five. The longest I have heard is ten years. You just have to inspect it every now and then to make sure it isn't getting stiff or cracking.

I think that answered all your questions.

And in relation to rituals. I know some pagans who Give their blood backt o the earth at the end of their cycle. I don't do this personally but it is intereting nonetheless.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:31 pm

INteresting I'm gonna try one then when I get the money to buy one, I don't use tampons as a rule I don't like the residue they leave, but I do use pads. Yes I know as pagans are cool with sex, I am as well but I was trying to be subtle :lol: (I never said I was very good at it :lol: )

Now where do you buy them from besides online? Can you get them at Wal-Mart or are they sold at pharmacy's?

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:39 am

No walmart, check local health food stores or sexuality stores. I had to buy mine at a venus envy party.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 am

Ok cool. I'll check those places, Thanks for the info.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:48 pm

Menopause SO MUCH WORSE after tubes tied. I am even STILL watching my mother...

I have expressed I am never getting my tubes tied. And never going on the pill again. I don't care how expensive, how troublesome.

Things to make period easier: Raw food & veganism (not kidding, also not indoctrinating O_O), CALCIUM!!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:42 pm

Like I said I am going to get my tubes untied as soon as Hubby and I get insurance I really try not to hate things cause I'ma a lover not a fighter but I really do Hate cramps, I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, I might wish them on my husband sometimes :lol: he has no sympathy (Rolls eyes) Men.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:39 am

Been there, done that. My hot waterbottle becomes my best friend. My SO once complained that I never cuddle when I have cramps, I told him it is because he doesn't generate enought heat ;)
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:44 am

well I was thinking about it yesterday and I thought about the Diva cup and all, A small ritual you can preform is when you empty the Diva cup, real quick throw on a pad and dig a small whole in your yard and give it back to the earth, IT was just a thought, If anyone wants to know about Native American traditions please feel free to PM me, or Mail me, I'm not a full blooded but I'm part and I've done alot of reshearch and studying on Native Amreican, I've been to classes, (I even learned how to weave (hand weave) a Belt) and it was very interesting, I am still studying shaminism. OK well I guess that's my reel.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Wbdsgnr1

Post by Wbdsgnr1 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:44 pm

Now Im interested in the DivaCup thing when I get some money.

BB