Rituals/Spells for Around the House

Whatever you do - don't break the circle!
waterglyph
Level 1
Level 1

Rituals/Spells for Around the House

Post by waterglyph » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:46 pm

Both my hubby and I have been tossing around the idea of doing some sort of spell or ritual to cleanse and/or bless our apartment as a kind of New Year's thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for such a thing? I've looked up a couple myself, but I have yet to choose one, so if anybody knows of a promising one/favorite tried and true I'm open to suggestions.

- Em

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:45 am

I usually clean the house, after which I take a smudge stick of sage and sweetgrass around while recieting the reason why I'm smudging. I don't usually need to do anything else.

good luck
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Debbrah

Post by Debbrah » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:58 pm

Well, while the exact methods can be incredibly varied, I like to try for certain effects.

One: there needs to (obviously) be an element of cleansing the space. This can be by actually physically cleaning the space and/or by cleansing it spritually or psychically.

Two: You usually don't want to just leave it blank and empty (remember too, a vacuum will draw somthing to fill it... you might as well choose what that will be) but want an element of blessing the house, charging it with energies conductive to making it a good home (a great time to throw in protective spells and such, btw).

Three: Seal it. Both to keep the good energies you've just placed in it from disapating and to help block against the build up of other less desirable energies... also makes it easier in later cleasings (kinda like a teflon coating... makes the stuff easier to wipe off.)
"There's not much that's contrary to nature if you just know how to coax her along a little."- Mad Amos Malone (A. D. Foster)

Zealot
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Zealot » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:01 am

Hmm, a Ritual Eh? so you want a cleansing ritual. ok then, Get a Sage Brush, and some sandalwood incense. Clean the place, but do so after relaxing, breathing deep while you clean, try to contemplate what you can sense about the place as you clean it. once clean, make sure you light the incense. Now, I want you to Breath Deep, as you both sit in a crosslegged position, imagine drawing deeper and deeper into yourself, as every muscle, nerve and fiber throughout you both relaxes. Now begin to draw in massive amounts of energy while breathing deeply and rythmically, simple mental command and visualization will accomplish this.

At this point you should feel yourself drawing in the energy from the air. Once you have done this twenty times, both of you should begin holding hands, keeping your minds blank, and begin to visualize your Auras touching, push yours towards his, while he pushes his back, make sure you are facing the West, and He is facing the east where you sit. now, from the center of the room where you should be, imagine all the good times you had, make this feeling and memories combine into one, and then once you both feel good, simply tell him you are ready, and begin to visualize your Aura's expanding outward, all the while maintaining a strong boundary supplied by your energy breathing. Expand outward, and once you feel you have pumped this room full of good times memories and energy, begin whispering to yourselves that this room will always feel like this when you come in, that your boundary will stay full and incoruptable, and that everytime you come in you will have a good time, and feel at peace, just like you do now. You both not need use the same words, in fact, adjust the formulae to fit your personal meanings, because the words and process should have meaning for you personally. Use words that symbolize what you want this energy to accomplish, and finish by lighting the sage while you are there and walking a circle around the room nine times.
In order to Know Truth, you must first Know yourself. In order to find Truth, you must look past the orthodox, past people's own Paradox Views, and seek the true answer in the meaning of The Word.

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:20 am

that's lovely. do you do that in all the rooms or will just the one suffice ofr the whole house?
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Rev. Asher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rev. Asher » Sun May 28, 2006 11:31 am

You can either do it with just one room that really needs it or the whole house. I prefer to do the whole house, that way I'm not missing anything.

I use a good old smudge stick (white sage for me). I also annoint the doorways and windows with sandalwood oil or a spray made with mostly purified water (Salt water mix that's been blessed) and sandalwood oil. You can put this into any type of spray bottle and spray windows, walls, floors, doorways... it's really convenient.

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Mon May 29, 2006 10:59 am

Rev. Asher wrote:I use a good old smudge stick (white sage for me).
Same here, I don't think there's a reason to do anything more than that. Sage works great and it'll leave your house smelling good for at least a week afterwards.

If you desire some form of cleansing before the sage (which is still unnecessary usually) you can simply sweep out all the energy that is already in the home with a broom. You don't actually have to touch the floor with it, if you have carpet, but the broom with sweep the energy of the place away, just sweep toward a door and sweep the energy on out the door!

However, if you have done circles, etc, in the past and would like to keep those magickal energies in the house, don't do any form of cleansing prior to the sage... it's good to have those energies and keep them as it makes your circles more and more prominent each time.

When I move out of a place I will sweep away all of the energy from the place because I don't want to leave it there for whoever might inhabit it after me. It's said that sometimes people can see past images of you, kind of like a ghost, at places with which you have used a lot of energy in the past. I consider this a kind of psychic residue and try to clean it so other people don't move in and start to have dreams of me.

IcePeasant
Level 1
Level 1

Post by IcePeasant » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:50 pm

Is a wisk broom ok?
The IcePeasant Peaks

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:12 pm

if you believe it is effective and can stay in a "ritual" mindset while using a whisk broom, then it's fine. You can also gather some sticks or straw and bind them together.

You basically have 2 uses for brooms.
1) to symbolically cleanse an area.

2) as a tool that has been charged with energy/enchanted/blessed/given power and purpose/etc that you are putting to use in your ritual or working.

Or, of course, a combination of the two. If you are looking for the first, which is by far the more common, the a whisk will work fine, one of those $3 to $6.00 decorative kitchen brooms you often find in the flower or bakery section of the grocery store that are scented like honeysuckle or cinnamon, or a cheap craft broom from an art's and craft store will work fine as well. And those are very cheap if you buy them undecorated.

Remember, intent and belief are what matter. You can use whatever you can believe in and focus with.

Wassail.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com