The Stars Align-

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

The Stars Align-

Post by Hytegia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:01 am

If my math is correct (and, by the gods, it usually is in these matters) this year's a special Year. Three cosmic events occouring within the span of this month on a single day-
1) Samhain
2) Full Moon
3) The Full Moon is a Blue Moon (the second to arise each month!)

So you better dust off those Robes and get ready for the Highest of High Magick... It's gonna be coarsing through the air, and the Astral will be strumming with Mystery and Wonder!
:]
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: The Stars Align-

Post by white_harmony » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Far as I was aware, the full moon wasn't happening until November 2nd (northern hemisphere) November 3rd (southern hemisphere). When I picked the day of our wedding, October 31st this year, I picked it cause it was Beltane on our end of the world, but would of been incredibly happy had it been a full moon as well lol.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:47 pm

I just checked as well. I usually call the moon full the day before and the day after, but I'm not certain if it counts... It will be powerful though! Everybody make sure to put a bump into your wards this Samhain... Winter is Coming!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Aww....
Well, I did it out on a piece of paper using complex makeshift diagrams on a Linear function graph where it bases the Full moon at the crest and the New Moon at the Troth based upon my current position in the Norther Hemisphere and the conditions surrounding the area at the time.....

Oh well!
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:33 pm

It was still pretty close Hytegia :-) And as Kitsune says, it will still be a very powerful samhain/beltane.

Did have a quick look around, and it appears that while we will have a few years of the same kind of phases around that time of year (full moon within days of samhain), in 2016 there is meant to be a new moon on samhain, and in 2020 a full moon on samhain. Could be interesting.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:24 pm

I have been admiring the moon the last week. It is the brightest I have seen it in a full year. There's something special about the October moon :D Certainly very powerful!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG