Messing with Spirits

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Messing with Spirits

Post by Mahala » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:39 pm

Okay, is it possible to switch two persons' spirits through and ouija board? As in two people using it being switched around? And something else... is it at all possible for your spirit guide to, for some odd reason, end up being somewhat hateful or 'dark'?
I've noticed that I always have some sort of 'shadow' since exploring Paganism. It's not exactly violent, but he/she simmers when I'm depressed, but yet for some odd reason they form a buffer against suicidal thoughts, if ever the case.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Messing with Spirits

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm

People often mistake Spirits who simply seem to like us, with Spirit Guides, in my opinion at least.

I've found that while many spirits will speak with me, work with me and offer me advice, they will not wish to be an actual spirit guide. However, they like you, and as a friend may be willing to do many things that a Spirit Guide would. And some spirits simply naturally gravitate towards the darker emotions of life. This spirit you're describing could be one of them.

As for your Ouija board question... I've used one, but I've never gotten in contact with "dark or deadly spirits" as it's usually put, and I've never had one attempt to steal my physical body before, although there are those who say that it has happened to them. I have a spirit attempt possession before, but that was a result of my own inexperience in dealing with unsavory spirits. If you open yourself up to use the board, the spirit could try to take you over in my opinion... But I've never met anyone who actually used a Ouiji board without first using some sort of protection, even if it was only a simply shield of Light.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:42 am

Code: Select all

[b]Kitsune wrote:[/b] But I've never met anyone who actually used a Ouiji board without first using some sort of protection, even if it was only a simply shield of Light.
Ah, but you have. Yours truly when she was a child and didn't know there was such a thing as psychic protection!

is it possible to switch spirits with someone, like some goofy kids movie? (newest, I believe, was 13 going on 40?) Not s'much. In the world of Spirit, have people been "replaced" or some odd things happened? Yes. Walk-Ins are an intriguing subject, but for two people to be switched has not occurred in my experience or even in my research beyond kids television.

Spirit guides come in something of a ladder, differing frequencies of vibration, if you will. (I'm going to keep using the vibration example here, but keep in mind it's not entirely literal.) As Kitsune said, almost any spirit can decide they want to work with you. Ones of the lower vibrations, such as spirits of the dead, like a dead grandma or parent, can choose to come help you. Then you have archetypal human spirits, such as a martial arts master, perhaps from a past life, and then you have animal totems, and avatars, and angels, and gods, and finally that source, like a river or energy. I am not sure the precise order because it's so fluid. It changes.

The ones on the lower frequencies are "capable" of darker personalities, of going into hissy fits, etc. As as the gods, oddly enough, but to a differing degree. Even totems get upset. The avatars and angels, however, don't have that revenge button, in my experience. Remember also that your universe is simply a reflection of what you already know and what you allow yourself to know. In a sense, none of this matters. In a more physical sense, it's important.

When a spirit arrives that has negative tendencies, be wary. If your immediate or inner feelings are uncomfortable in any way, be aware of this. Ask them to leave for the time being, and ask for a new being to come in his/her stead until you learn enough to be comfortable with that particular guide. If it is a true guide, it will comply. If it is a negative spirit, or simply a spirit who wishes an alliance, different than a guide who has pretty well pledged to aid you in all possible ways, it may not comply and may get angry.

We also have a tendency to project something of a reflection of ourselves, which our spirits/guides may or may not embody for the time being. I hear a bell when I write this regarding your words:
I've noticed that I always have some sort of 'shadow' since exploring Paganism. It's not exactly violent, but he/she simmers when I'm depressed, but yet for some odd reason they form a buffer against suicidal thoughts, if ever the case.
I seem to remember feeling something very similar when I was depressed and suicidal.

Because your guides and you are not separate, in fact you are one with all things, there are no limitations to any doctrine or any "ladder of spirits" or any experience you may have.

I hope this helps some, and I hope I didn't confuse, here.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:59 am

Wow, (warning: a bit off topic) you didn't even use protection!

Sorry, I'm stunned, I tried to use a Ouiji Board at the age of 11 or 12 but even then I knew that protections were needed, so I threw up a very weak childish form of protection, asking for good spirits to overpower the bad ones, and the wall the light showed up. I guess my incessant need to read about the occult and supernatural came in handy during my childhood. :lol:

The only informtion we got from it was that my house was haunted by a benign ghost. I promptly forgot about the incident, since I figured the other girl was simply moving it, and years later was shocked when I actually saw the ghost. Although she never spoke to us, she just appeared every once in a while.

Sorry for the hijack :oops: ... Good Memories! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:48 am

Hmm, maybe I'll keep my eye out on my Shadow buddy. It reminds me of a chameleon of spiritual energy... If I feel good inside, then that Shadow's good, if I feel icky, same thing. (So I know when I'm faking a good mood.)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:32 pm

To Kitsune: I was about 6. My first vivid memory was using the board to "contact" my best friend's father who had killed himself in the last three months. I remember saying a prayer about that, and it was actually healing for her.

Otherwise, I didn't even know protection was possible. In my mind, I lived in a world of spirits and I thought I had no direct influence on what part they played in my life. It was like walking down a dark alley... Who do you call for protection? Now I know my Guides, but then I had no idea.

Heh, I remember talking with my guides as a little kid ^_^ back when I was unable to tell the difference between physical big people and spirit big people!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG