It happened again!

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

It happened again!

Post by Paganlight » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:55 pm

This is getting to be intriguing. On more than one occassion now, I've just been dropping off to sleep when there would come a noise from directly behind my head which obviously wakes me up. It sounds exactly like a bodhran being hit, just once. This is now the third time it's happened, and I can't put it down to any mundane source. I'm now the only one living in my student accommodation, the pipes and plumbing don't make a noise like that, and there's no pipe along that wall anyway, and besides, the first time I heard it was when I was living in a different house entirely. Which makes me think that whatever is causing it hasn't got anything to do with this particular house. I'm not concerned by it, as I never feel any malignant presence when I wake, and if I remember correctly, the sound of drums is protective, isn't it? I know it breaks up energy blockages. It makes me wonder if my spirit guardians are driving away negative energies around me, and since I'm in my most receptive state (it always happens when I'm in that trance-like state between sleep and being awake) I'm actually able to hear it. I know I'm clairsentient, but I have been working on my other skills as well. Perhaps this is clairaudience starting to manifest itself?

I'd be interested to hear what you think...
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: It happened again!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:22 am

When I was young, in that perfectly lucid state just between wakefulness and sleep, I would hear people calling my name.

It is said that when Spirit calls you, it calls you thrice. I have experience this, as I learned after the fact. This is the experience I was reminded of when I read the bodhran drumming. Perhaps your bodhran is calling you to service.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Re: It happened again!

Post by Paganlight » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 am

That's a possibility I've not thought of. Thanks, CHL.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")