Another small step foreward....I think (?)

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Thu May 15, 2008 10:08 am

Kitsune wrote:All my friends have the same, "don't understand, but it's up to you" feeling about it.

And I've made a decision to not tell people what my religion is, unless they ask.

Thus, all the christians in my office (a large number of co-workers actually) believe that I'm christian. :lol:

This idea was reinforced when I brought a picure of the goddess and green man in sit on my desk... The goddess has a triquerta on her arm, and one of the girls said, "You know it's nice to see more Christain art in the workplace.".

:lol: :lol: :lol: #-o #-o #-o

After controlling my first impulse which was to laugh at her, and my second impulse which was to correct her, I finally answered, "Yes, it is a gorgeous picture with definate religious meaning, isn't it?"

:-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow... that handles that i guess...
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun May 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Yep, I thought so...

Outside of work, I'll tell people a lot more willingly, but I'd rather not have any work related problems... As I said, unless I'm asked.

Yep, it's great... They all insist on telling me about their church clubs, and how they go to church 2-3 times a week, and are personal friends of the minister... and yet, none of them have ever asked me if I'm christian, if I go to church or anything... I'm waiting for the day one of them actually asks what the picture means (or perhaps even better, the "So which church do you go to?" question)... Right now the closest question I gotten was "Oh, and is that picture anime?" at which point I have to answer "No" explaining the difference in the art styles.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews