Strange Teacher

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Not a beaver's tail per say.

it is more of a deepfried pancake you eat with various toppings such as brown sugar and lemon, garlic sauce or nutella. We Canadians love our junk food.

A toque is a winter hat, usually with a little puff on top. Properly worn either crooked or just on top of the head (Google Bob and Doug Mackenzie if you are ever bored).

Recipe for Poutine? Pour liquid fat on deepfried fat and milk fat. It's a good recipe.

LOLOLOLOL
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:28 am

Not unlike ox tail with a kind of fishy hint. A bit fatty, and wierd shaped bones.

WHAT is a Touque?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:57 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuque

It is a winter hat, usually knitted and with a pom-pom on top!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 am

Aha. A wooly hat.

You should have said. :lol:

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 am

Aha. A wooly hat.
Yes, but it must be hand made by a relative (crazy aunts usually) and must come in bizarre colour combinations.

:lol:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Ah yes, and I happen to be one of those crazy aunts, thank you!! And my touques have lasted at least a decade with wear and tear ^_^

Sure, complain. You won't be when you're ears are going black in the cold!! 8-)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:22 am

:lol: You are not the ONLY cold place on Earth, NOR are you particularly the COLDEST.

Never wore a hat in minus 60° off the coast of East Siberia.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:49 am

Ah but would you be wearing in that in Alberta, where the cold is dry and just walking between buildings needs a 20m rest to warm up any exposed skin for fear of frost bite? :lol:

I can understand you not wearing a hat, but the little-uns!!! oh my gods the little-uns!! My niece insisted on throwing snowballs without gloves... Her poor little hands were red and raw but she didn't care????

Nah, we're not the coldest in the world, but everyone seems to think so.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:11 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: but the little-uns!!! oh my gods the little-uns!!
Aha. Frozen snacks for canibals. 8-) :roll:

Must admit, my Granny was a HARD bu***r, as you already know. But the only time I saw her with tears in her eyes was when she had been out birthing reindeer, and washing them in snow. Then washing her hands in snow. THEN pulling logs, obviously covered in snow and ice, for two or three hours.

THEN making the mistake, 30 seconds after walking through the front door, of, not THINKING, and plunging her hand into hot bath water to rescue a spider.

THAT you do NOT EVER wish on your worst enemy!!!

The vet that was there (ALSO the local doctor. (They tend to study both that far North), due to the birthing, gave her a half reindeer dose of morphine. After she woke up, the next day, she was still in pain, but "bare able" with Ibuprofen (Called that in Canada?) in LARGE amounts.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Oh gods... My SO did something similar, and he vomited. This from a man who had no trouble when he lopped off his finger.

Your granny was one tough woman!
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:29 am

Aye THAT she was.

I have put my hands in COLD water after a snow ball fight. THAT was bad enough, but HOT water.... :smt086

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Oh my,
I had that happen whenI cuaght hypothermia. It was minus 40 and the warmer I got the more nauseated I felt. I then warmed my feet in what I thought was lukewarm water. Ugh.

LOL, I have many funny looking toque from grandmas and aunts. I llove them but I have to sew fleece on the inside or else they itch.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

ShiroKitsune
Level 1
Level 1

Re:

Post by ShiroKitsune » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Willow wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuque

It is a winter hat, usually knitted and with a pom-pom on top!
It's a beanie.........oh sorry joke me and my brother-in-law have(he's from Canada). Beanie is what most people call it here in the U.S.

But to the OP. I agree with others that it was a good idea to walk away from someone like that. There are some strange people out there that try to take advantage of people.

Vinita
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Strange Teacher

Post by Vinita » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Is it ok if I find this situation slightly funny, but I agree with most people here. You did the right thing, you should only join a group unless you really want to. That what I believe, though I know about six people who would tell you should join because it the only way to really learn anything. But brushing those ideas away hex: . You actually contact her again and info her that the offer was nice, but forcing someone people to join a group is kinda rude and that they would probably run away from her.

Bright Blessing flyaway:
V.Moonflower

Unknown
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Strange Teacher

Post by Unknown » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 pm

i'm glad i live in a warm place and when it does snow we can still take hot baths after words lol
The dead has a voice such as the living but hearing that voice is something differnet.