Strange Teacher

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Strange Teacher

Post by Willow » Fri May 02, 2008 8:02 am

So I have a weird situation going on here.

I met a girl, she seemed fairly nice, got to talking and I found out she was a Wiccan priestess.

I thought this was cool, I asked her some questions and I thought she was interesting. But, skipping over some details, she has started pressuring me to become her apprentice. I have no desire too, I don't want to really be a Wiccan, nothing wrong with it, but I kind of dislike the idea of being tied into one tradition like that.

Anyway, she has essentially said she doesn't want to answer anymore questions unless I accept her as a teacher. I have since cut off contact with her. It all seemed a little too strange to me, did I over react?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri May 02, 2008 8:12 am

Honestly, no. If I had someone tell me that they wanted me to either become their apprentice or they won't share knowledge with me anymore, I'd walk away too. Knowledge is power to be shared, not horded.

I've seen too many people bullied into things they didn't want to do because people tried to make it seem like they knew better than the person what was needed.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 02, 2008 9:38 am

Wow... Someone is really in need of power validation.

Good on you. Cutting off contact seems like a good thing to do. Otherwise, just not bringing up anything Wiccan if you do keep her in your contacts, but I have a feeling she will still look down on you as "Apprentice." And even if you did become her apprentice, I doubt it would be a healthy relationship, as she doesn't seem the type to learn anything from you.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri May 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Yep, certainly seems to be a good thing, cutting off contact!

She may have something to teach you, but if she requires an "appreintice" that badly, then she needs a little while to get used to shoes is what I'd say.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat May 03, 2008 1:55 pm

Run away.

There could be so many things wrong here.

~Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Seen it before, my own Sister, in fact was JUST like this "Priestess".

Arogant, manipulative bas****s that are on a power trip, and probably know less about the subject than the 16 legged stick insect, guardian of the 17th door of the temple of Fluffy logic, which is hidden behind woolworths on the highstreet, up a rickety set of fire escapes, in a miniscule cold water bed sit above the Chinese laundry, that they say they were initiated by, and have the scar to prove it.

I would tend to let her take me on, and have a bloody good laugh playing with her "mind".

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon May 05, 2008 2:12 pm

LOL, I wish I could do stuff like that, sometimes I feel like I attract these people though.

I have made it clear I am not interested in being a student, I said I would love to be a friend and played up my own "solitary studies" thing. Whatever.

I just don't understand pushiness I guess. Sometimes I think I need to be a little more earth and a little less air.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 05, 2008 11:32 pm

Same with these that want world domination.

May be it's just me, but WHY? I mean what do you DO with it when you've got it? Take it home and keep it on the mantle piece?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 06, 2008 12:45 pm

LOL, true, I never thought of that. I guess I would enjoy going to Fiji or Florida whenever I wanted.

Makes all childhood super villains seem somewhat ludicrous doesn't it? Bond villains too I guess.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

My Psionic Nature
Level 1
Level 1

Post by My Psionic Nature » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 am

Ragnar wrote:Arogant, manipulative bas****s that are on a power trip, and probably know less about the subject than the 16 legged stick insect, guardian of the 17th door of the temple of Fluffy logic, which is hidden behind woolworths on the highstreet, up a rickety set of fire escapes, in a miniscule cold water bed sit above the Chinese laundry, that they say they were initiated by, and have the scar to prove it.
Oh my gosh, that had me childishly giggling for about 10mins =P
Many people have a spiritual experience. I'm a spiritual being having a human experience!

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:27 am

My Psionic Nature wrote: Oh my gosh, that had me childishly giggling for about 10mins =P
Ragnar on a massive sarcasm rant will do that, usually.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:39 am

My Psionic Nature wrote: Oh my gosh, that had me childishly giggling for about 10mins =P
Only ten minutes??? :-?

DAMN, MUST try harder!

Coventery, one of the five Wiking centers/Counties. Good place to be.

The Cathederal is built on an old Curvilinear Heathen grave yard. Quite powerful.

ORIGIONALY from Edinburgh/Liverpool myself. ;)

Do not get many Europeans around here.

You have to watch out for the Canadians. Before you know where you are you will have pictures of Bridgitte Bardot wearing Terry toweling pajyamas as you pin up!!! :-? Or George Clooney id you are "other". ;)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:14 am

LOLOLOLOL

I think you might be a Canadain in disguise Ragnar, you seem to know an awful lot about our predilictions.

Next you'll be saying eh, wearing a touque and eating beavertails and poutine.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:41 am

Willow wrote:L wearing a touque
Eh?
and eating beavertails and poutine.
Seen the recipe for Poutine. :tongue3: :love7: (Must admit I THOUGHT it was refering to an ex Russian President at the time).

And I had beavertail in Sweden quite often.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Ah, yes, Poutine, the French word for "Heart Attack." Gotta love the stuff ^__^

Really?? Beaver tail? What does that taste like?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG