Solar eclipse

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Solar eclipse

Post by Lotus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:02 pm

I've been made aware that there will be a solar eclipse early Tuesday morning on September 11th. By my calender, this is to occur around 8:30 ish am. Like the lunar eclipse, will this be visible to North America?

All of my horroscopes (ones that I read) suggest that the morning will be buzzed with energy and there will be a tendancy towards decadance.
I'm trying to decide if I'd like to harness this energy in some way. Actually, I will be at work by that time.

Does anyone else have any plans?

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Solar eclipses are tricksy. You often can't see them from different parts of the globe. Unfortunately, this eclipse is only a partial, and will only be visible from Central and South America.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:30 am

I heard mainly visible from far South America.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:16 am

I knew it was happening... but I couldn't find out where. :lol: I know it wasn't here... It was supposed to be @ 8:07 am according to my Witches Calander. I probally won't use the energy... It's not happening here, and I prefer using what I'm witnessing in Ritual.

On a side note... What are you guys doing for the Equinox later this month? :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:39 pm

What are you guys doing for the Equinox later this month?
Pampering myself, cooking copious amounts of food, and celebrating harvest time and the change of the seasons.

It's 4 days before my Bday, hence the pampering ^_^ Methinks spa, the only time I will actually spend money on this sort of thing.

Ahh the change of the seasons... I love it.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:04 pm

I really like this time of year, which is why I really want to get married in september. Hopefully next year, but it may be put off another year. *sighs*

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:58 pm

Kitsune wrote:On a side note... What are you guys doing for the Equinox later this month? :-D
I will be attending Pagan Pride Day here in Columbus, Ohio. This year I get to enjoy it....no teaching or being responsible for stuff. ;) :-D

Last year sucked because we held it in the extreme cold of October and I had to be there the whole time. I also had to lug around ritual stuff for both the ancestor's table and my own workshops.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:17 pm

I haven't even thought that far ahead.

I think I need to spend some time preparing for winter and slowig my brain and body down a little. If I go into the darker seasons with this much pent up energy I might go a little crazy (Well crazier)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:58 am

Lotus Said:
I will be attending Pagan Pride Day here in Columbus, Ohio.
Speaking of which... #-o I have to see if Calgary's having one this year. We used to take over a hallway at the university, but I haven't seen any signs up or anything this year. I was really hoping to go. I'll look into it.

As for my Equinox, me and Joe are going to see if we can get back to nature for a short ritual... not certain how possible that's going to be though. My friend (the one who doesn't care what RELIGION I am so long I don't believe in MAGIC #-o :roll: ) is having a birthday party for her son, and I of course must go, otherwise the poor child will grow up without books. (Yes, I was the only person at this kids baby shower to bring a book of bedtime stories for him. Now it's his first birthday and I'm certain it's going to be a repeat of the shower :-? ). So me and my SO will either end up going before or after... just not sure which yet...[/quote]
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:08 am

I will be cleansing my house and reworking the wards for the dark half of the year.

I've changed the anchorings for the outside wards...instead of one lock stone that has a crystal for each element (one large stepping stone)...I made four smaller ones (ZIplock containers at a cup size makes good molds for small stepping stones, btw) that each represent one element. Placed them around the perimeter of the yard in their appropriate directions...but I haven't activated them yet.

I want to cleanse the house first, and then I'll activate them with the winter wards.

Where I live, the winter winds tend to pull spirits from their usual "haunts" and sends them in every which way. Most of these guys don't like being picked up and tossed around like a leaf, so if they can catch hold of your house, they can cause some serious negativity. So, I have to have stronger wards to basically bounce them away.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!