Lunar eclipse

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Lunar eclipse

Post by Windwalker » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:56 am

Okay, I have no ideas where to put this. Magic and energy? General? Ehh... Anyways! Lunar eclipse! It's the first full eclipse here since 2000 and I am all excited! Unfortunately, it is cloudy, but it should be eclipsed for a while (apparently) so I'm hoping for the best. It's also happening here this evening rather than just before dawn, so I don't have to get up early.

I really just wanted to share my glee, but does anyone know anything pagan- or magick-related about a lunar eclipse?
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:06 am

Ahh maybe THIS is why I can't sleep, when I have to work in three hours!!!!!

I may as well make good of this insomnia and watch the lunar eclipse.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:27 am

It's so cool! :-D :-D It stays totally eclipsed for 90 minutes, which is awesome. It's red and very pretty. Watching it as it eclipsed, the earth's shadow moving across it, I felt very.... well, outer-spacey. It really stressed how we are on a big floating ball. To me, it really showed how very very big the earth is. It's all so very natural and normal and that's the magickal part. Balls revolving around one another in circles... the coolest part is that it's not clearly made to do it. It's just the way things are.

(That didn't make a whole lot of sense. ;) Sorry!)
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:47 am

Well this would explain why I've been more....ahem, energetic the past day or two. :oops:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:26 am

I missed it! When I heard about it last week, I heard them say on the 28th, and I thought TONIGHT, not last night as I should have.

Mind you, I hate trying to figure out which date the winter solstice is on for that very reason...

"Well, if it's at 11:31pm Eastern Standard Time, on Dec. 21, then that means that Western Standard time would make it the 22nd right?" #-o

Yep, I'm miserable at figuring out time zones :lol: It just boggles the mind (or at least mine!) ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:56 am

I thought it was tonight in Canada. It was defiitey a full moon last ngiht though, my cats were CRAZY!

I have to check now.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:05 am

I watched it completely by accident. The newspapers said 3am, not 2am, but I stumbled outside with enough time to watch the shadow creep across, and then to see the moon completely dark.

Finally when it was over, I was tired. I think it was the eclipse that kept me up ;)

What I kept thinking of was the power of the female aspect of divinity. Grandmother Moon and the shadow of Mother Earth. Also a time of quickening, such as it looks like the moon goes through her cycle in an hour and a half rather than the 28 days it usually takes. And I discovered a lot about the energies going on in my life right now which, honestly, have been very painful the last week. Two weeks. But it is a new day, and it will be a new month, a new moon ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:09 am

I got to see it too, kinda. I had to be to work at 5 this morning and I got out of the car, looked behind me and the moon was a reddish color. It was so pretty. I just kept thinking about how I never really have the time to watch but at least I got a glimpse of it today.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:03 pm

In the land of Oz ours started really early in the evening, so every half hour or so we would all pop up and go outside to have a look-see lol. I haven't seen a total lunar eclipse since I was 15, so it was really nice to do it again, this time with a camera :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:01 pm

Sorry people. I HATE lunar eclipse time. Something ALWAYS goes wrong just before, or during.

A personal thing. Hope YOU all enjoy it. ;)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:36 am

Since I had to take my SO to work in the wee hours of the morning, I got to see it. The funny thing was that I nearly forgot all about the eclipse until I saw the shadow creeping across the moon.
After dropping him off, I got to see the whole thing....red tinged and all from a local 24 hour coffee shop.

People have been out of their minds the whole day. Everyone was extra prissy and aggressive more so than a normal full moon. I even got into a fight with a dude when I was trying to put fuel in my car. This was out of nowhere and he said some really rude things for my "infraction."
The action that caused a schism that catapulted his life into doom was that I angled my car to fuel on a pump not being used. *shock* :roll:
Talk about overreaction!

Way later on in the day I met with the Witches meetup and we did a protection ritual for our PPD to occur on Mabon. The energy was difficult to harness and was really up in the air. Because of this rampant energy, I opted not to do a personal ritual.

It was just a really wacky day......good thing I had the day off. ;)

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:30 am

Wow... So everyone else gets messed up by the lunar eclipse, too... Full moons never cause much havoc (although for my mom working graveyard shift in the ER, it always did for her).
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:58 am

I have a cousin who works in the ER, and she says that on full moons it is just crazy. People actually try to book the full moon nights off.

I didn't knotice anything too nuts about the eclipse. Mind you, I slept right through it..I don't even know if I had crazy dreams.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:32 am

I found that the energy was tasty & relaxing while energizing me for the upcoming day. I love seeing them. The energy can be somewhat difficult to deal with, especially for those who don't even attempt to tie in to the natural order of things.

For me, no rituals. :-( I'm having a thing in my life right now, and energy work is just really hard and coming up slightly unpredicable at the best of times. :-? Just me though, and I know the reason, I just won't be able to fix it for a little while. 8-)

On the other hand, Grimwell came out of nowhere yesterday saying he was going to leave his job... within a month at the most! It'll make him happy, and he should be able to find a better paying job rather quickly considering our job market! I've been waiting for him to make a decision to change his life (He's so like his bear totem it's frightening sometimes :roll: ), so I'm really thankful that the energy gave him his spark that he needed to begin getting stuff done!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:19 pm

I found out about it the day of ... and then missed it because the hotel people didn't do the wake-up call right. I was back East visiting relatives and staying in a hotel. Grr.... I did want to see it, the last one I remember seeing clearly was waaaayyyyy back as a young lad. The funny part was that, back then, it got to full eclipse just as I was going into a movie theater to watch E.T. the Extraterrestial and boy is that dating myself.

But I did get to see a minor encore on Wednesday. We had gone out to the beach to watch fireworks, and as we were waiting, The Lady rose out from the sea {remember East coast - New Hampshire to be precise} still full and orangey-red due to the atmospherics. And boy did She rise quickly too. From glimpse of first edge, it couldn't have been more than 10-15 min at the most until She was above the horizon. Honest-to-goodness visible movement.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.