New Addition to My Family, and My Spiritual family

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

New Addition to My Family, and My Spiritual family

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Many of you know that my SO and I have two little mice we jokingly refer to as "The Children."

We just got a new addition today. I love her.

Being very terrified of the smaller cousins of this creature, I am amazed at what we have done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1101519270/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1100674405/

Meet OMEGA ROSIE WEAPON!!! (Stupid name... I know. My boyfriend picks the stupidest names. Our mice are Doom and Monsoon for crying out loud ;))

She (probably a he) is a Chilean Rose just shy of adulthood. Just molted, and although you can't see in the pictures, her back is such a beautiful rosy colour, shimmery and almost illuminescent.

Why is this is Paganism?

Grandmother Spider has really been calling me. A creature I was terrified of has become such a powerful force. It's like I can feel my arms as spider legs. This is such a powerful feeling. I guess I wanted to share. I've had the spirit of animals come into my body before, but this is lasting. Very strange.

I mean, my fear of spiders, my allergic reaction to spider bites, and the fact that spider has always shown up in my life should have been a huge sign, but I guess I am just dense sometimes. ;)

It is a very intense feeling though, something that you are afraid of working with you, kicking down that fear barrier.
Last edited by Crazy Healer Lady on Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:18 am

You're braver than I would be. I've got aracnophobia and the things bother me. He's a good looking spider though. Perhaps next time I come up to see you, I'll stand outside the glass box (or cage... what do you keep a spider in?) and look from a few feet away. I don't mind them so long as they can't reach me. :lol: (Yeah, I know, I'm a scaredy cat... :oops: )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:41 pm

Not at all. I completely agree with you. A few feet away is a good spider distance to me.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:24 pm

I've beaten the Ultima Weapon in VIII and X, but I have yet to conquer the Omega Weapon. It kicks my arse too hard, even with Auron's super-awesome mega sword of doom.

**follows links**
OH DEAR GOD, get it away!!

I know that aesthetically, it is beautiful. I can find beauty in it. But it still makes adrenaline run through my veins and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Nyaaahhh. What if it gets out? *fear* I am so glad those things don't live in this country.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:29 pm

There are no Spiders in New Zealand!

And are the streets made of Cheese as well? :-D (Quick, brownie points to the first one who can name the place this quote is from? :lol: )

Well, if there are no spiders over therE, and they don't mind us Eclectics... I may have to look over there for new places to live. I must admit, all I know about New Zealand is two points....

1. Gorgeous open green land.

2. Because of said open green land, they filmed Lord of the Rings and may be filming A Song of Ice and Fire there! :-D

:lol: :lol: 8-) #-o
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:27 pm

"There are no cat's in America and the streets are made with chee-ese
There are no cats in America so put your mind at Ease"

"Never, say never, wherever you go"

"Somewhere, Out there, beneath the pale moonlight, someones thinking of me, and loving me tonight. Somewhere out there, if love can see us through, we will be together, somewhere out there, way out where dreams come true!"

No clue :dontknow:

We need a singing smiley, or at least a mouse one!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:29 pm

Tarantulas are gorgeous! Haven't had one in years though, the last one I had was a monstrous Haitian, she couldn't fit on my palm! Problem was that Haitian tarantuals are so spook so easily, that they'll take off running at the drop of a hat. One time she ran up my arm into my hair. I was lucky to get her out without injuring her, (for a tarantula, any body injury is a fatal injury). If I get another one, it will be a red-leg. Big and calm, the best! Pretty , too!
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:35 am

Scathach, I think you joined far before me, and I have not really "met" you, but I am enjoying your posts heartily. I just wanted you to know that ^_^

Because Spider is such a unique creature, I really wanted to get a few ideas of what Spider means to all of you as an archetypal figure, as a totem, as a spiritual figure.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:53 am

Grandmother spider is wise, but unknowable to us. Her thoughts are different on a scale that is almost incomprehendable. She asks that we accept the predator within ourselves and accept that fear can be healthy. She shows us how everything is connected and that everything eventually dies. She will show you how to spin her web (whether you spin of truth or lies) so long as you show her the respect she deserves. Not quite a fickle spirit, simply, as I said before, completely unknowable. Her reasons are always her own.

Or at least, this is what she has always conveyed to me, but I haven't done tons of searching on her... Her children terrify me, even if I have schooled my fear to reasonable levels in recent years. :oops:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:20 pm

:-D Thanks, Kitsune!!!!!!!
Crazy Healer Lady

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks for the compliment CHL. I've enjoyed your posts very much as well!

Spider has been a totem for me for some time. Spider is the only totem that I get visions about. Those visions always come at the roughest of times, but it's actually very comforting to me. They're saying, "Don't worry, the universe is going to get you through this...." To me, spider symbolizes connectedness, and the weaving of the future, and reality itself. The spider senses the tiniest and most subtle vibrations of the web, and sits in the center of it all in perfect stillness and enormous patience. She also spins the web to bring to her what she needs, (in the case of a physical spider, a hapless insect, in our case, perhaps our desires).

They say that people are frequently afraid of the physical versions of their totems, and in spider's case, it was certainly that for me. I actually had to clinically desensitize myself, ( I learned how as a psych major in college, when I did a paper on phobias). I always cringe when people kill spiders. We had several large black jumper spiders living in our trailer over the course of several years. They became like friends, seemingly gone for months, then showing up out of the blue at the oddest of times. People were horrified when they would see them, and our only response would be, "Oh! They're like roommates!" As a child, I was scared to death of spiders, but I frequently enjoyed having them as pets. I particularly enjoyed a huge garden spider that I had. Still, I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole!
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:30 pm

They say that people are frequently afraid of the physical versions of their totems
This has been the case with actually a few of mine... A lot of issues I had to get through, but they're always there to get you through them, aren't they?

Luckily I've never been attacked by mine to get the message across... unless allergic reactions to spider bites count.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:35 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: Because Spider is such a unique creature, I really wanted to get a few ideas of what Spider means to all of you as an archetypal figure, as a totem, as a spiritual figure.
Sleipnir.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:51 am

I never thought of this. It opens up a new realm of study. Thank you!
Crazy Healer Lady

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:20 am

Omega Rosie Weapon is beautiful...but I think I'd have the niggles if I had to share a room with her, I'm afraid :lol:

I understand the fear that can be associated with some totems. The number of totems active in my life is in flux, although I am always accompanied by Frog and Goat. Recently they have been joined by Snake. Whilst I'm not paralysed with fear whenever I see a snake, I am mesmerised by them and a little afraid of how differently they see the world and work within it. To me, snakes are so 'other' and I am glad that Snake has chosen to come into my life and work with me.

Spiders always remind me of Arachne, the proud, talented spinner who took on the Goddess Athena and lost...but in 'losing' lived forever doing the art she loved, creating tapestries everywhere. I love that myth. Perhaps I have romanticised it a bit, but I think that once Athena's anger cooled down a bit, and once Arachne accepted her guilt, the curse turned into something of a gift.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men