Lammas

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Lammas

Post by Jescissa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:57 am

How did Lammas go for those who celebrated it? I baked my bread for my family and it went down very well...even though for obvious reasons I couldn't tell them that it was 'religious Pagan bread' otherwise my very old grandmother might have choked!

I hope it went very well!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:42 am

I made my very first bagels :D The only thing is, when I am making a creation I have never tried before, I must remember to follow the recipe :( I added blueberries at the last minute. Bread-makers, what happens to a thoroughly kneaded and perfect dough when you add a bunch of moisture to it?

Mind they turned out well :D My wok can make anything pass! And my partner and I kicked back and read outside together.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:54 am

I had to work last night. But yesterday morning I baked brownies for my friends at work, and we had those last night during lunch. All of the sudden I was just feeling this urge to bake something for my friends and family.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:45 pm

I think a lot of us got that sudden urge to bake for our friends & family ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:17 am

Well, some of it has been that there is just so much junk at work lately, and drama. So I wanted to give the people who listen to me rant a lot and the people I work closely with some really nummy brownies. A couple of times when they were upset about something, I'd tell them they could have some brownies at lunch and they just smiled at that. I really like that. Being able to give them a little something to make them smile.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:20 pm

I've been so tired lately that the only thing that I had energy to do was a simple chant. While I did this I lit a golden colored candle and offered the divine some organic grapes.
Although I have not been getting the urge to bake I have been getting the urge to clean. Maybe it goes hand and hand since I will not bake unless my home is clean. :-?

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:06 pm

Corn muffins...I made yummy delicious corn muffins!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:12 am

Well, we've celebrated Lughnasadh the same way for a few years now.
At the Dutch festival called Castlefest.

This year we had over 15.000 people in one day (last year we had that much people in all three days together). I spent the days helping friends sell their mead. (and having sold 2400 bottles in two days, guess we did good)

So Lughnasadh was 3 days of Sun, 2 days of hard work and one day to enjoy the freedom we have at such festivals. Witches, Druids, Asatru walk around with Christian folks taking their kids out for a festival.

And best of all, I made a friend for life :hug:

Katsu
/|\