New Chalice

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

New Chalice

Post by Jescissa » Tue May 22, 2007 2:02 pm

I found a great chalice for my altar at a charity shop yesterday (only £2 YAY!) It's made of green glass and has a lovely shape and feel to it. I've thoroughly washed it and I'm going to purify it as soon as I have the time to do it properly.

I suppose what I want to ask is...what else do I use it for?! Before I found this chalice, I'd just been using a decorative brass one that belongs to my Mum but it was old and not very clean so I didn't want to drink from it just in case I got ill. I'd just placed it in the west on my altar and looked at it before, but I really like my new chalice and I want to know whether there are any special watery rituals I can use it in :-D
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Well, in a lot of ways the chalice has been used to symbolize the void of the womb, and hence it can be used in fertility spells/rituals (if you want children, a fertile career, family life, love life, etc.), and also can be used if you plan on doing any healing rituals for the ocean. Or anything to do with water. Water also has ties to knowledge and wisdom, especially in Irish lore, where Salmon were great keepers of wisdom and eating of their flesh would bestow it.

You can also make "holy water" if your chalice vibrates when you rub it (you remember being a kid and rubbing the rim of glasses with various amounts of water in them?). I do this with my singing bowl - it takes a long while. A client of mine used to do this with his water drum. He would play for hours, and the water had a VERY strong vibration to it. I sprinkled it along my driveway to keep bad people from entering.

You can also make this "holy water" by blessing the chalice or chanting or praying over it.

I had a very strong experience where I was drinking from my nalgene bottle that I prayed over/blessed. It wasn't a chalice, but my water bottle is something of a sacred item to me. I ended up weeping. It felt as if I were taking in the blessings and wisdom of the Divine God & Goddess.

I hope that gives you some ideas ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed May 23, 2007 6:59 am

Thanks for the ideas, CHL! :-D

I think I'll try making a little holy water, the chalice has a lovely chime to it!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men