Some Advice please.. :-D

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Desiderata20
Level 2
Level 2

Some Advice please.. :-D

Post by Desiderata20 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but it seemed like a good place to post it. (So mods if you feel this belongs somewhere else be my guest) Anyway my DF (darling fiance) is looking for some direction on her spiritual path. Let me give you some background. All her life she grew up in a Christian home, but as of late she has been interested in paganism, not really to practice magick but to learn more about herself spiritually. She joined a pagan board but was not very welcomed, and actually got a lot of negative feedback from the people on there and mostlyfrom moderators, which I thought was unusual. Anyway she just doesn't know where to begin or where to look for support and guidance other than myself. She is reading "The Spiral Dance" right now and is liking it thus far. I told her that I would post something here to see if I could get some feedback on where to begin and maybe even some sites that she could visit, or other forums. She is interested in Pagan Mothers right now as far as meeting other pagan moms and getting some feedback on where she needs to begin. She is a BIG and i mean BBBBIIIGGG LLL member (La Leche League International) so she is really big into boards. Id like to hear some responses to see what others have to say. Look forward to getting some feedback. Thank you all in advance!
_-Taylor-_

"Nothing strengthens the judgment & quickens the conscience like individual responsibility..."

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Fri May 04, 2007 8:51 pm

If I may be so bold; why not have her join here?
There's more than one couple/family (including a few moms as well)here already, why not have another?
/|\

Desiderata20
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Desiderata20 » Sat May 05, 2007 4:52 am

katsu wrote:If I may be so bold; why not have her join here?
There's more than one couple/family (including a few moms as well)here already, why not have another?
Ahhha!!! She has actually joined, just nervous about posting.. I told her not to be since so far all the people on here have been wonderful. I told her that you all are very welcoming and that she should have no reason to be nervous, but I still understand her hastiness. Thanks Katsu!
_-Taylor-_

"Nothing strengthens the judgment & quickens the conscience like individual responsibility..."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat May 05, 2007 8:17 am

Ha, I was giong to suggest the same thing!

If she is nervous about posting, have her read around the forums a bit. There have been quite a few people posting about where to begin, what steps to take, OMG am I crazy, am I a satanist, etc.

And when she gets to the discussions that should have ended in a flame war but instead had everyone shaking hands, she may not be so hesitant to post.

Because she has already joined, WELCOME Desiderata20's Fiance!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 05, 2007 9:30 am

I can't to hear from our newest shy member...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

chasingprisms
Level 1
Level 1

Post by chasingprisms » Sat May 05, 2007 1:01 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes. :smt039 I haven't really had a chance to look around the forum yet, but will try to do so after our LO goes to bed tonight. Hope chat with ya'll soon. :-D

Oh, and hi hunny. :love5:
~*Jessica*~ BFing, BWing, CDing, AP, SAHM to Connor and loving DF to Taylor.

Desiderata20
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Desiderata20 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:20 pm

chasingprisms wrote:Oh, and hi hunny. :love5:
Hello dear. I hope you find what you are looking for here. Blessed be the path to your spirituality. I love you. :headbang:
_-Taylor-_

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Sat May 05, 2007 11:16 pm

Namaste and welcome Chasingprisms.
/|\

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun May 06, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi Chasing prisms.

welcome.

No need to be nervous, we do not normally eat people here. :-D

So any questions you have please simply ask. No one here will think your questions are anything other than a disire to learn. Where is where we all started out.

Nothing is too simple or too difficult. Just ask away. ;) 8-)

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Mon May 07, 2007 4:18 am

Ragnar wrote:No need to be nervous, we do not normally eat people here. :-D
... yeah... about that... um, it was ... deserved... ;)
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon May 07, 2007 10:16 am

well Yeah there is times we do eat ppl but only if it's deserved, Like fundies I love fundies. Add alittle salt and some rosemary and you have the makings of a good stew

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Tue May 08, 2007 2:19 am

A love your handle, Chasingprisms.

Welcome to the boards, hope you have a ball of fun.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.