My article is now up at Witchvox!

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:49 pm

Morgana gots the bling woo hoo.
I wear a pent but it's like super duper tiny and it's around my neck, I have a bigger one that I have over my stove, I don't know why I just had to put it there.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:45 pm

I don't wear a pentacle every day - I wear that Celtic triqueta-bird thingamie pendant that I described in the art gallery once. I have a pentacle that's fairly large - maybe an inch and a half in diameter - that I wear only during rituals. I have a pentagram ring that I wear when I remember, and I'd like a small cute little earring once I get around to piercing my ear again.

I don't consider myself Wiccan, but I can't deny the influence that the pentacle has on me. The power I felt from my ritual pentacle the first time I touched it really surprised me. Occasionally I consider buying a small silver pentacle to wear more regularly, as a sort of sign to other Pagans.

The fashion statement thing makes me wrinkle my nose a bit, but I admit to owning a pretty sparkly crucifix. (Hey, it was a birthday present. Plus the aesthetics of the crucifix are terribly romantic.) If you're wearing it because you like the way it looks, that's fine and I have no problem with that. I DO have a problem with people wearing it for the shock value. If you want to shock people, get your eyelid pierced or something.

Actually, the symbol I find random people wearing the most often is Thor's Hammer, Mjolnir (never fails, every damn time I have to look up how to spell that word). I always point at it and say "heyyy, a Heathen! Awesome! Hi, I'm a Pagan too!" and they give me a funny look. (Of course, that could just be me.) I'm inclined to think that most of them wear the Mjolnir because of the honour and such that it symbolises to them, despite what religion they are. They don't really seem the sort to wear it as a fashion statement, but hey, I could be wrong.

I think I wandered off-topic a bit there :roll: oh well.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:46 am

I went to a sword dealership the other day (my friend works there) and there was a pretty impressive sword on a stand there with Mjolnir as the handle. I said "Wow, look, Mjolnir!" and she was like, "What?"

I don't think they've had many Pagan and Heathens in looking for ritual knives and swords otherwise she would have heard it before!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:12 am

Sagewolf wrote:I have a bigger one that I have over my stove, I don't know why I just had to put it there
That's strange... I found a four-leafed clover a long time ago and I made a casing for it so I could wear it as a necklace when I went out in the woods - I never did wear it. It sure does not belong in my healing room (There are many fae there), but for some reason it HAS to go above my stove. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I suppose the kitchen is a pretty magical place. 8-)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wore the bigger one once, and it just didn't feel right, I didn't start wearing a pent till 3 years ago. :lol: :lol: After hubby and I got together.

When you work with herbs and are an awesome cook, Being a Kitchen witch is it any wonder you put something over your stove?

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:45 pm

I saw a cross of St Brigit and knew it had to go above my door.

No clue why, maybe it is an intertwining of my beliefs with my Catholic partners'
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:44 am

I would love to wear a pentacle, but Grimwell rightly advises that we are in the bible belt of Canada and that it would be a bad thing to so openly advertise, considering my strong feelings on hiding my beliefs. :lol:

Mind you, I don't think I could ever get rid of my dragon pendant. I bought it a few years back, and now I never take it off. He's my protector, and it calms me to just reach up and hold him. He's a symbol, I'm just not sure of what... :-? I did just recieve a gorgeous new pendant, that I bought for my wedding. Stirling silver wings, and moonstone, amethyst and peridot below. I'll try to figure out how this picture thingy works and post a pic of both later this weekend. :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:31 am

Your pendant sounds gorgeous! I am such a magpie, anything sparkly attracts me!

I don't wear my original pentacle constantly anymore, but I have earrings and a ring now too, so I will be wearing a pentacle in some form every day. There is something particularly comforting about my original pentacle though, I always wear it if I'm going out at night, I've had some scary experiences at night time and I always feel better if I hold on to my pentacle.

Keys are important symbols to me too. I have a pendant with a antique key on it and I like the energy it gives off. I feel like no door is closed to me when I wear it.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men