Uncle Ragnar...

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:43 am

Yup Bast or Bastet is the cat goddess, she is a daughter of Ra/Re and apparently she was so angry with her father she turned herself into a lion, but over time her anger cooled and she became a cat. Kitsune will probably have more details :lol:
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:27 am

I'm sorry guys... I was apparently dead exhasted and slept all sunday. I did no computer work at all. But I will check into it while I'm at work, and will post it later tonight.

CHL, why don't we set up a weekly forum and have people decide what culture gods they'd like to hear about that week. Every week we reset, and check, followed by a discussion of a particular god or goddess of that culture.

Ooohhh, I'm liking this already. =P~
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:50 am

Sounds great :-D Where do I sign up? :lol:
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:00 am

Kitsune wrote:

Ooohhh, I'm liking this already. =P~
Not just you :lol:
/|\

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:50 pm

SageWolf wrote:I've got a Website for Native American Gods as well, if you all are interested.
SageWolf
Oh, yes please! =D> I would love to learn more on that! All hail SageWolf, who shall enlighten us with education! :prayer:
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:56 pm

To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:54 pm

It's up in alternative religions now. So, which god or goddess do you guys want to check out next?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:35 pm

ermmmm einy meanie miny moe.

:lol: :lol:

Actually I've been feeling a calling for the Crone alot lately, SO if anyone doesn't object may we find out more of the crone?

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:28 pm

SageWolf wrote:
Actually I've been feeling a calling for the Crone alot lately, SO if anyone doesn't object may we find out more of the crone?

SageWolf
Whom do you percieve as the Crone?
/|\

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:45 pm

Yeah, who's your Crone, SageWolf? Hekate? Ceridwen?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:56 pm

CHL, why don't we set up a weekly forum and have people decide what culture gods they'd like to hear about that week. Every week we reset, and check, followed by a discussion of a particular god or goddess of that culture.
I am the wrong one for this. Although I have always had a very special interest in mythology, gods, & goddesses, and I am the only one of my circle of friends who actually knows who Echoe or Hyacinthe were, I just don't have a personal relationship to gods & goddesses except for Brigit.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:02 pm

:-k you know thats a good Question, Whenever she shows herself to me( and she has on sevral occasions) I see her as an old hag in a black cape. Strange I know, But it kinda reminds me of the Halloween Witches they use . But I dunno, Kinda like the Wicked witch of the Movie Snow White. But not as terrible looking. SO I am not sure, Who I percieve her as. I'll have to think on that.

SageWOlf

unknown as far as I know

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:35 pm

I think perhaps it would be easier on us all to pick a specific Crone goddess. :lol: Cerridwen? I say we go with Cerridwen. Any deity's cool with me, to be honest.

For some reason, Hecate never comes to me in the physical guise of a crone. Instead, she's always a woman of perhaps 30, with dark hair and percing eyes. **waxes lyrical on Hecate** :lol:

I blame Blake...
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:29 pm

I'm all for Cerridwen. Who's doing this study?

I'm free from the vote, cause I did this week. :lol:

Oh, and CHL, I was asking you because I know you love finding out more about the gods and have a very solid understanding of the myths and legends of many cultures.

At the very least you need to suggest a god or goddess eventually. :-D

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:28 am

I'll put my hat in the ring for Ceridwen, after all she is a Welsh Goddess :lol: