Questions PLZ....

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Gaia Dragoncat
Level 1
Level 1

Questions PLZ....

Post by Gaia Dragoncat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:33 pm

I was hoping that other people on this site might be able to provide me with a lot of questions to ask myself for personal discovery. Sound wierd... It is. It is my belief that if I understand myself better it will strengthen my magick significantly. Hard questions are excepted. Supply as many as you like. :cat:
Blessed Be!

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:45 am

Feel free to ask questions we will answer in the best of our ability, Knowing yourself is a big step, Meditation is a good start, at least try it. (hmm I always advise meditation I think I like it as well)
and alot of deep thinking as well, if you don't know yourself then your magic will be blocked. So learn who you are, Ask alot of questions, Like for instance, before you meditate ask "Who am I?" and then meditate and see what happens, you should get a partial answer.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:19 am

Ok;

What is the greatest magic of all?
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:52 am

I'll bite: What's the one thing that would make me happy just for today?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Asking questions of yourself is only one path to self-discovery.

It is not the one I personally like to use, because very often the "answers" to the questions are shaped and slanted by the way the questions are phrased.

I believe that true discovery (be that self-discovery or otherwise) discovers without asking questions, but just looks for what is there, without knowing what questions to ask.

Meditation, moments of stillness, walks in the woods or by the river, moments of "no-mind" etc. are good opportunities for answers to come to us without questions having been asked. The best answers, the real truth about ourselves, comes to us without questions being asked, but with us having a receptive state of mind to receive the answers when they present themselves.

RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:36 pm

True RFM I see your point, but If you actually listen to the Whispers in the Wind you might be interested in what they say..... Not saying you don't but they were really hard to understand at first.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:10 pm

That was my point: I like to get answers without asking questions.
Because very often the answers we get without asking questions are fare more important than the ones we seek....

Sure, Whispers in the Wind work fine too ..... they key is to be receptive to whatever the messages are. Often, when we are desperately seeking to have particular questions answered we miss other, much more important messages.
RainForestMoon

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:40 pm

i do understand your point RFM but sometimes it's the questions that others pose us that can strip away our preconceptions and lead us into an inner truth.
dragoncat is asking for questions, i feel inclined to respond. These are not questions we ask of ourselves but questions that come from outside that force us to look inside.
The value of questioning is a fundamental part of Zen enlightenment.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:58 pm

daibanjo wrote:i do understand your point RFM but sometimes it's the questions that others pose us that can strip away our preconceptions and lead us into an inner truth.
dragoncat is asking for questions, i feel inclined to respond. These are not questions we ask of ourselves but questions that come from outside that force us to look inside.
The value of questioning is a fundamental part of Zen enlightenment.
Yes, true.

I was not saying that questions are not the way to go; but that that's not the only way.
(I did certainly not mean to give the impression that we should not suggest questions for dragoncat.)
RainForestMoon

Gaia Dragoncat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gaia Dragoncat » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:42 pm

All very good things. Meditation, silence, and questioning. My point in asking was to see myself in a different light to ask personal questions that I might never think about on an average day. Sometimes others have the best chance to help you find yourself with questions. this is what I wanted from you all, my friends. Questions from you to me, to help me get a deeper look at myself.
Blessed Be!

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:33 am

If you had a choice then between gaining 5 million dollars or giving it to lets say the battered Woman's Coalition which would it be Now Note you could not even keep $1.00 of it at all, ANd the money would go to buying housing or stuff for women who have been battered (It is a very good cause and most of the Donations they recieve goes to helping the Women) so which one would you do?

Me I must admit I'm alittle selfish , I would find a way to keep some of the money, and pay all my bills off, maybe buy a house and then give as much as I could to the BWC. BUt if there was no way, I would give them the money, I like money just because it buys food and puts a roof over our head, I would be ALOT Happier if money never existed.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:27 am

That's a great question, Sagewolf. Moral dilemmas make us look inside ourselves to see who we really are. Sounds like what dragon cat is asking for. Still, gaia Dragoncat, I'g like to hear your answer to my question.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:28 am

What is the start of inner peace? What would my inner peace be? What about me is keeping me from my inner peace?

How can I change my outlook on my life so I might realize that deep down I like my life and I shouldn't be goverened by what others say?

Am I doing everything I can to be a good person? Or am I cutting corners?

Could I recycle instead of throw out? Could I do the same with people I know?

I'll add more later. And as to the magic question, I'll throw in my 2 cents after Dragoncat, it's her/his thread. ;) Rain ForestMoon, you're awesome, you remind us that there are many ways to the same place, thanks for being you. :hug: Daibanjo, you too. :hug: Hell, all you guys! :hug: :-D :-D :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Gaia Dragoncat
Level 1
Level 1

The Greatest magic of all.

Post by Gaia Dragoncat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:08 pm

The greatest magick of all is found in things unseen and often misunderstood. It is in the sounds that we take for granted, and the sights that we may never see again. It is in the ground under our feet, the sky above our heads, and the areas and plains that we work to see. It is in the choice to control your own destiny and to make the world a better place.

On that note. I would give the money to the BWS. I like money for it's humanistic value. Bills and food. Being able to pay my daughter's tuition one of these days. But if the money is going to the women than they deserve it more than me. I've been there... so I understand what having a safe place can mean.
Blessed Be!

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:27 pm

As we say in America, I'll be gosh-darned.
I really like your answer gaia but what about the magic that created all those things? what about the magic that allows you these choices? and would the world be a better place or would it simply be acceptable to your standards?
Just wanted to follow up your answers with the opportunity to take it a little deeper.
On the question of money. Personally i believe in living in abundance. If all we do is make enough for ourselves then we can't help anyone. Causes can't be helped. the poor and starving can't be helped. i believe in making as much as you can and living the abundant life. That puts you in the position of being able to do so much more for those less fortunate.