Lughnasadh

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Lughnasadh

Post by MettaPax » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:28 pm

Sooooo... Did anyone here celebrate?

http://www.angelfire.com/on2/phoenixrising/lugh.html
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:00 pm

Forgot all about it. Ain't that a shame? Bad pagan, bad pagan...{hangs head in shame}
"Obedezco pero no complo"

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:41 pm

Yes, solo this time. The Druidic Seed Group i usually go to didn't celebrate because of the Group's leader went on holiday(he, we're just like normal people :lol: )

And in a few moments i'm going to a large festival held in the name of Lugh.
Last year we had about 23.000 people in two days.........(look here for pictures)

I'll post pictures when i get back(and sober, there's a lot of Mead :P :P )
/|\

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:01 pm

Wha´? who?

DAMN forgot it again. Allthough considering the summer we have just had, I do not think I was missed. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:00 pm

I celebrated by buying good-for-me groceries, and ceremonially eating an almond butter and honey sandwich on wholewheat/rye/grain bread.

Nothing much else, just saying thanks to Great Mystery and his form of the God and Goddess in their cycles, in this time of abundance and harvest.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:16 am

nothing big, just went outside and enjoyed the sun. Tooksome time to prepare my garden for harvest time
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:13 am

Forgot all about it until suppertime... so I made cornbread. That's about it! Oh, and I did make a tablecloth for my altar, but I was doing that anyway.
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:32 pm

Ragnar you missed quite a lot:

From Ragnar. I have sent you a mail Katsu.

To any one else I have removed the post as the photographs included were security compromised. I.e tags were not closed.

NOT Katsu´s fault.
/|\

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:30 am

Didn't celebrate it. I don't usually celebrate the cross-quarters.

However I do have it marked on my calender and even if I don't celebrate I made it a point to try to thank the Divine on those days.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:33 pm

Lets see well, I did take advantage of the energy of the first harvest. I wrote up both a ritual for the Lugh and the Full moon and tied them both in together. The days before the Full moon I did the Lugh ritual and then on the full moon I did the ritual I wrote for that one.
I think the energy was more potent because of this daily build-up of energy. The only tools I used was a yellow candle and my own chanting/scripted ritual.

I've always been able to feel this energy more so than any other time of the year....not sure why.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:00 am

For me it's winter that I truely feel the energy, but that's probally just cause I'm a Solstice Baby... :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Kitsune wrote:For me it's winter that I truely feel the energy, but that's probally just cause I'm a Solstice Baby... :lol:
Sometimes different types of energy resonates better with certain people than other types of energy. Its kind of strange how that works.
I wish there was a way to conclusively find out why one resonates with certain types of energy other than other types. :idea:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 am

Me too, i find that I also feel differnt energies at different times of year (well duh).

In the winter I always feel very grounded, the fall is a calming time for me and in the spring and summer I feel completely hyper, maybe there is just a natural way of things that we are all unconciously trying to tap into.

sorry...I guess for most people this is obvious #-o For me it is a bit of an insight.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:56 am

I love other people's insights! How else do we learn? doiknow:
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:54 pm

Willow wrote: In the winter I always feel very grounded, the fall is a calming time for me and in the spring and summer I feel completely hyper, maybe there is just a natural way of things that we are all unconciously trying to tap into.
Must say, I am the other way around. I really come awake in autumn and winter, I allways get a "downer" in Spring, and summer, I hate. All that un neccessary sun stuff, horrible. :-?