Authentic Paganism?

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri May 19, 2006 5:10 am

Munoputassama is gonna be really mad at me - I've been killing ants like crazy that are trying to move into my house. ;)
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 am

I might be getting a lightning bolt soon then.....

I set an earwig trap in my garden last night :oops:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat May 20, 2006 5:45 am

Willow wrote:I might be getting a lightning bolt soon then.....

I set an earwig trap in my garden last night :oops:
What exactly is an earwig?

Yep, I keep on killing all kinds of bugs that want to invade my home as well.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat May 20, 2006 6:32 am

Earwig - think a sorta long and supple roach without the wings and a set of pinchers on it's but. They are called earwigs because an old wives tale said they entered the ears of sleeping people and bored into their brains. Actually they eat just about anything, live or dead insects, live or decaying vegetation.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Sat May 20, 2006 6:59 am

Stormy wrote:Earwig - think a sorta long and supple roach without the wings and a set of pinchers on it's but. They are called earwigs because an old wives tale said they entered the ears of sleeping people and bored into their brains. Actually they eat just about anything, live or dead insects, live or decaying vegetation.
Actually, it's no wive's tale... they actually can bore into your ears where they feast on ear wax. This is uncomfortable for the victim and the earwig can cause more serious medical conditions... never heard of a person actually getting a brain eaten...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat May 20, 2006 8:09 am

Actually, fully grown earwigs cannot fit into the human ear canal. However, they do go into the ears of cattle.

They used to be my arch enemy :evil: Now I play with them. But never with my hands!!! When those suckers bite, they go for blood. I was reading one time to find one gnawing on my knee, and about two others crawling at my feet getting ready to do the same!! :evil: It was ON!! for a few days 8-)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun May 21, 2006 10:23 am

I can't handle them, I understand thier place as one of nature's but ICK :pukeright:

Anyway, I was using a military tent (the old canvas type) and I found a nest with thousands of them. The sound left me with the heebie jeebies for the rest of my life. I can't stand the things now, may the gods for give me but I have to squash them!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Sun May 21, 2006 5:35 pm

I've actually only seen one real earwig in my entire life. Even living in the country like I am, go figure. My father and I saw it crawling in our driveway and we agreed that it looked rather alien and didn't belong around our house, so we quickly "disposed" of it.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 22, 2006 12:28 am

We used to find earwigs by the hundred during summer as kids, in the local park. But i have not seen one for years. Are they becoming extinct in euorope, or something?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon May 22, 2006 12:21 pm

If they are then I am moving to Europe. I had an easier time with the giant spiders in Australia than I do with earwigs.

On the plus side, we don't get cockroaches this far north. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)