Question for the Astronomer's out there...

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:35 am

Morgana wrote:
CHL, wow, my birthday is September 28th, but I was born in '83. Funny, I always got the impression you were older than me, lol.
:lol:

Thank you! I like to hear that. I don't like being so young because people tend to talk to you and treat you like a regular young person. It's darn hard to get clients in when you have a 19 year-old's voice, which is when I tell them that I've been doing this stuff since I was a kid. :lol: I withheld my age for so long on this forum! But you guys are like family so I thought it was time (although I did on one post some weeks/months back). I'm really a couple hundred years old, one year old, and nineteen all at the same time.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:42 am

Beat this Kelreth, I am 24 and just finishing up my masters, if I do another 4 years for my PhD I will be 28 when I am done.

Holy crap! I can't believe I will just be starting my life.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:31 am

Well i was born 10/12/1984. I am a proper sagg all the way lol!!! :lol:
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:32 am

Im going masters and ph.d. at the same time. A masters in genetics is worthless, so im gana cram and get the ph.d. Ya funny how actaul life starts early for some and late for others.

Willow you have more patience than I ever will. I couldnt hack 12 years of college, 9 is going to be pushing it
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:59 pm

CHL, I know what you mean about people treating you differently if you're younger. I may be 22, but I look like I'm 15, which DEFINITELY has an effect on the way people treat me. One lady got a very frightened look on her face when she found out that I was going to be the one to pierce her baby's ears, so I had to explain to her that I was actually 22 and had been piercing for almost 3 years besides. :roll:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:44 pm

Kelreth, hacking is an incredibly accurate description of what I am doing through school right now. Unfortunately religion very rarely does a combined masters PhD, but there is a minimal amount of post doc, which is nice.
What is your focus in genetics?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:14 pm

Genetic engineering/research

possible focus:
animal gene manipulation (really iffy)
plant gene manipulation (maybe)
human gene repair for genetic mutations/diseases (possible)
viral dna recognition (probable)
how to destroy aids and other viruses/diseases by destroying their dna and not harming the person that is afflicted with said virus (probable)

I will never modifie humans for non-life saving measures
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:45 pm

Wow, crazy stuff Kelreth. I could never in all my life wrap my brain around stuff like that!!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:48 am

CHL, I definitely know the feeling! You can be the most intelligible person on the planet, but if you're young, no one listens! That's why I really like old ppl, they listen and appreciate seeing a young person with brains! I don't even bother trying to get a normal job, I know too much for my own good, but not enough to get a great job with the FBI. lol That's the way it goes I guess. Stupid non materialistic out look! Why can't I just be ignorant like the rest of them?!? *sigh* I can't wait to get my yard back, I can start my herb shop/poor mans clinic.

Holy cow!! Willow, 12 years of collage?!?!? I'd go insane! lol Then Kelreth could swoop in and alter my state of reality just in time for Fantasy Island. Yes, Mister Roarich? Oh, hello Tatoo. lol :lol:

Question! Where/who does one get a birth chart at/from? I've never had one and it might be interesting considering what day I was born.

That whole mix and match of the zodiac is a pain isn't it? Some days the fishy is dominate, the other Aries, or not even days, worse, situations. The only good thing is that it's an even mix, so I can usually fix whatever I break. heheh :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:42 am

There are some advantages to being a student and I think i am going to miss it when I am done. I set my own schedule, I can take days off without asking anyone. I can do my owrk from anywhere in the world I can set up a computer. And, in Canada most graduate studies students get paid to do this work, I got 18000 in funding this year alone, I feel like I am living like a Queen (that is almost double what I lived off of last year...yay frugality).

And Kelreth I think the last three are the best, we need good researchers with conscience out there. I am very impressed.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:00 am

I'm most interested in germ line genetic repair. Basically while the embryo is still young, really young, like a day at most. You can change the genetic back up of the DNA. So there is the chance that the technology would allow us to repair genetic mutations or genetic errors before the health of the embryo is in danger.

targeting DNA in viruses though is the only way we can take out some of them. AIDs/HIV for example mutates so fast no drug or bodly produced anti-measure can stop it before it changes again. If we could target the DNA of AIDs/HIV then we could start to wipe it out.

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:04 pm

I know we seem to have drifted off the whole birthday thing but I'll put mine in anyway i was born January 3rd 1980.Yeah I'm 26 but I feel about 40 sometimes, I had my little boy when I was 20 and he takes alot out of me, he was born 16th April 2000, a millennium baby kind of.

aura moonsongs
blessed be