Opinions about possible attempt at spell on me

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:16 pm

Lol, and I thought that was an American thing, the slurred drunken "I love you man" thing. :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:52 pm

morgana wrote:Lol, and I thought that was an American thing, the slurred drunken "I love you man" thing. :lol:
Oh no, no no no. Universal currency of drunken/emotional confessions, it's valid in all countries :-D
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:26 pm

scoia wrote:
morgana wrote:Lol, and I thought that was an American thing, the slurred drunken "I love you man" thing. :lol:
Oh no, no no no. Universal currency of drunken/emotional confessions, it's valid in all countries :-D
Especially countries with good beer.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:45 am

:-D CHL,don't worry, I know. Just a little early morning fasiscisnous. :-D

Ja, international, "Icshhh lieeeeberrrr dik maaa (Hick) nnn (hick)! n! :pukeright:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:29 am

Well,
I don't do the I love you, I go straight to the kissing and hugging. That has gotten me in trouble on occasion.
But I like you guys too. Where else can I laugh and talk about serious things like this.
Blessings,
Shelly
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:50 pm

He's also asked me about another eBay seller who has special feathers and raises the birds himself (he also mentions in his about me page that he is spiritual) - he said he's bidding on some of this sellers stuff because he wants the phone number so he can call. That says to me he's looking for ANOTHER person to hit up for free feathers in the future.
UNBELIEVEABLE! I kept having this nagging feeling that I should warn this other seller because when he'd asked about the seller he wanted to know if it was a woman, said he thought it was. Well, it IS a woman, I took the chance and used the eBay contact member form to drop the seller a line.

Long story short - she thanked me for contacting her as Jim has already tried to get free feathers from her too (actually got her to say she'd send him some but now that I contacted her she said she won't be). He also sent her a business card as well and she told me she too just had a "bad" feeling about him from the get go but he ended up making her feel bad for him. Sound familiar? It gets worse though...

Her phone number is unlisted and not even eBay can give out an unlisted number. So he won some of her feathers, got her full name and then looked in the phone book for her area until he found someone with the same last name - her little brother - the only one with a listed number. Called him with a story of needing to call her and since he didn't have her number he gave the guy their father's number. He called the father to get her number!!! He told her his computer crashed and that's why he had to get her number to call her.

She was very happy I contacted her and we had a good number of emails back and forth compairing notes. Fortunately, I contacted her in time - before it got too far out of hand with her - at least we hope so. We've the feeling he was setting her up for something similar to what he tried with me.

What a CREEP!!!!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:51 pm

Oh my god, what a creepy guy!! Thank goodness you contacted her! Does this guy have absolutely nothing better to do with his life than find strangers to manipulate?? You'd think he'd be a little more tactful about trying to get her number though, like build an on line email friendship first, then ask her directly for her number. It sets off too big of an alarm to do it the way he did...makes me wonder if perhaps these manipulations he does are something he "needs" to do for some other purpose, cuz he seems pretty desperate going to all that hassle. Makes me think he's doing it for a much bigger purpose, or perhaps he's just seriously addicted to the power it gives him. Like a drug, he needs his fix before he starts going through withdrawals.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:54 pm

As for the email thing - if he said to me once, he said it 10 times - he doesn't like "paper trails" - he said anything he sells is by "donation" and that if he would buy anything from me in the future he didn't want to go thru eBay (not like he planned to actually buy anything though). He paid for his auctions with a money order.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Christ... What... what a... a freak. (I hate using that term... I mean who here hasn't been called that?)

Good thing you got to her in time, and good thing you called her!!

This sounds drastic, but you may be able to put in a little warning to the authorities. They like that. "Hey, just so you know... If you get any other calls about this guy take it serious" on stalking charges.

Boy how many "Stormy" files will they have now? :lol: (Just kidding... really!)

I think it may be a wise thing. Just tell him what he's doing and although he's not doing anything illegal, say that you just thought he should be in their books because he's acting very... strangely in a way that makes you nervous and just in case he goes postal they have something to explain it.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:30 pm

Yeah but still, as smooth as he is, the way he went about this just reeks of desperation to me, cuz that's a LOT of work just to try to cast his little spell on another person. I dunno, just sounds like there's some kind of "need" or urgency on his part, otherwise he'd be more patient and wait to find a more..."easily accessible" victim. Just a feeling I get... :-?

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:32 am

Mayhap it is not all his doing??

Theres a guy we have seen once (and thank the gods only once) that we were pre-warned about. He walks around with a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) staff that he has obviously made himself, and believe it or not he actually blends in wherever he is (we seen him at a medieval fayre, anyone can meld in there!!). A shaman friend of a friend we met told us this guy hangs around public gatherings of any kind that would attract spritualistic natured people (esp the ones that have "issues" and just want someone to talk to), gets em to tell him their woes, and in amongst the telling of woes, this ... thing latches onto their negative emotions (mostly those of despair, depression that kinda thing) and literally saps the heck outta them till there is nothing left to sap. Its like this thing that is attached to this guy is emotionally hungry! And when you are wandering around, like we were at the medieval fayre, we could FEEL the negativity rolling off him in waves before we actually seen him. Whatever was latched to him was dangerous indeed.

Just a thought, but I would be guessing its not healthy at all to be looking in on crazy Jim. He kinda freaks me out, and I'm on the otherside of the world!!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:48 am

Yes, yes, I agree, Jim sounds hungry. This whole thing reminds me of the Waco incident complete with the Jimmy Jones kool-aid. I don't know if the rest of the world know about the Waco thing, but long story short a middle aged crazy guy made his own army of teenage kids and got them to think he was God and then the whole ritual mass suicide thing went down, or was about too, can't remember which, but cops busted in and I think some lived, the guy didn't. Any ways, Jim sounds all crazy and hungry like that.

White Harmony, I've never had anything like that with the spirit attaching itself onto ppl, the closest I've come across was a love-hate relationship of mine who liked to eat energy, and lots of it. So did the guy just eat negative energy, or all energy, cause if he only ate negative, it might not be so bad.

Stormy, maybe you should send out an e-flier or email to all the spiritual type sellers you can or post it where the majority of the sellers hang out, e-wise. It might help to warn everyone so he can't do it as easily as before, cut him off at the source.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:43 am

Blech, the more I hear about him, the more I think he IS an energy-drainer.

*shudders* I'm glad I'm not an established seller on Ebay!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:06 am

Did I mention that his email is "awesumone"? When I first saw it on his business card I thought that it was a bit presumptious and maybe even an inside joke of some sort, it made me uncomfortable though. The woman I talked to said she felt "really bad" about the email name when she saw it.

As for turning him in to eBay and authorities well... he never left feedback for either of us - or for most of the sellers he's bought for. He ASKED to have feedback left for him once payment was received (a common occurance) and ALL of us did leave him good feedback. However, he can still leave us negative if we do anything he doesn't like - for me, not an issue since I'm not selling anymore - but for those who are still selling, it could damage their business. So he is holding that over our collective heads.

And just in general - the idea of turning him in and somehow cutting off his "supply" - Ken made a very good point this morning he said:
"...people like this are what I call MENTALLY ILL and he apparently has some sick, twisted NEED to do this. If you stop him or make it harder for him I am seriously afraid of what he will do. I don't need this wack job showing up at our door."
Considering the fact that Jim told me he travels all over the United States, especially the eastern seaboard, going to various Powwows, I don't believe it would be beyond him to show up here. He does have my complete address from eBay :cry:

So, it's a sort of catch 22 - I contacted the one woman because she is his most recent target, he mentioned her to me personally and I did actually sort of know her (though I didn't know for sure it was a her until last night) because I bought feathers from her a good while back. But I don't know the other sellers that I see in his buying history at all. I DO believe though that he really is only going for women because in his many phone calls to me when he was asking where to find "more feathers of this type" I actually TOLD him of several auctions that were up from established MALE sellers I know who had EXACTLY the feathers he wanted CHEAP and some were at "buy it now" yet he NEVER bought any from them...

Oh, and I don't know if this is significant but the kind of feathers he is most after are those that look as close to natural eagle, hawk, falcon feathers as possible.

It seems that this whole crazy thing has snowballed into a big crazy thing - and I thought it was just me...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:52 pm

Oh, and I don't know if this is significant but the kind of feathers he is most after are those that look as close to natural eagle, hawk, falcon feathers as possible.
Eagle feathers are VERY powerful, and a LOT of people have Eagle as a totem animal. All feathers represent the energies of the aviary kingdom and chicken or turkey feathers painted as them and programmed with the intent of Eagle Energy will be almost as good. Nothing can go through eagle feathers. Hawk is also very powerful, and Falcon too. They are good birds to have on your side, but I can't help but notice he wants predatory birds... This is definately a clue to his personality, and probably one he did not notice himself showing.
I DO believe though that he really is only going for women because in his many phone calls to me when he was asking where to find "more feathers of this type" I actually TOLD him of several auctions that were up from established MALE sellers I know who had EXACTLY the feathers he wanted CHEAP and some were at "buy it now" yet he NEVER bought any from them...
Again the predatory nature. Women are, in general, and in today's society and upbringing, much easier to take advantage of. In a time and place where women were taught about their own powers, it was not honourable to steal power the way he is doing. It is not honourable now. He is a coward and will be Karmically punished. That is what he is doing. I am sure of it. And I think he is fully aware of it.

He'd better not show up at your house. :evil: If he does, call the police. It may be good to ask all your Guides, Allies, Totems, Divinities, etc for protection and how best to deal with him. The more and more I hear of him, the more unpleasant my stomach feels.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG