Looking for Dragon Information

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:24 am

Raven wrote:Is he by any chance a Wherewolf? I read somewhere that the two species hated eachother with passion...
Really? .... That may explain why my brother and I don't get along at times. He has dragon guardians... and I have a funky little werewolf hidden away or special occasions. Long story that one, and a bit off topic, so I wont go there :-D But if you're interested, send me a PM, I'll gladly tell you the story.

Anyways, Stormy, I loved your story!! :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:59 am

Guardians? notice the plural. He doesn't have flamin' one or two but seven of the little buggers.

"And what's your name little red one?"
"ANGRY!"
"Oh that's nice I'm going to go hide in the corner now."
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:03 pm

Werewolves and dragons enemies?

God... I suppose I've got to remember that a lot of "mythical" beasts/monsters were often based off of something very tangible and have direct meaning for the Primal Man and may exist in other realms...

I've never really thought of werewolves as being real. Not saying they aren't! It actually makes sense especially in the sense dragons are real. The blending of animal and man, much like the Coastal Native legend of the bear woman... but... ah hem, not created the same way...

*jumps up and down* Tell me more tell me more!!!!

(sorry... mouse under sink, as I commented in another post, is really making me act crazy...)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:28 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:(sorry... mouse under sink, as I commented in another post, is really making me act crazy...)
Oh yeah? Well at least you don't have a mouse in your workshop on PURPOSE heh heh. Yes, the killer mouse was banned from the computer room to the basement when it became apparent that not only did he have a concentration of mouse moxie but he also had an accompanying highly concentrated mouse STINK!!!! And he's crazy as ever - I cleaned him last night (AGAIN) and he's cool with sitting on your hand now but when he gets back into the clean cage he is so excited everytime with his "new" sleeping box and "new" food and "new" water that he jumps and wiggles and vibrates with excitement and runs around testing a bite out of each type of food and bounces up and down after each bite. He is freaking WIERD :roll:

And get this - to this day, and I KID YOU NOT - if I talk "spider talk" or if, like I did two days ago, I make a joke about "You stink so bad, I can't believe the cats haven't eatten you" he goes into berserker mouse mode :-x I mean, the mouse was ASLEEP, IN HIS NEST, and I was actually talking to myself and the cats making the joke about him not getting eatten and all of a sudden I hear his tail wapping against the side of the cage and look over to see his pile of shredded kleenex vibrating with his warrior pose - his head sticking out of the wad of bedding, eyes glaring :oops: It's so crazy cause I had to appologize to A MOUSE and tell him I was just joking, no one was going to hurt him, and only then did he settle down and go back to sleep. I know how crazy this all sounds, believe me, I have a hard time accepting it myself!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:58 am

It makes sense to me! My cat always knows when I call him fat, and boy does he know when I call him gorgeous (he stretches out more and displays his fur and tummy). As a former mouse owner I know how smart these creatures can be. Thankfully no males, as I have heard of the smells and the violence of them.
Although you have made my early afternoon with tales of your mouse :D

An update on the Dragon thing:

I didn't make contact. They made contact with me last night. I was caught completely off guard... I suppose all I want to know I will ask him :-?

It was unexpected! Completely unexpected. I am dumb-struck... Has... this ever happened to any of you? I did not think I was ready yet... Still not sure, though I have faith that They think I am ready, or else they would not...

Confused!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:58 pm

I had one address me while I was sitting in traffic half asleep in the passengerside of the car.

It was a "Hey, how's it going?" but STILL!

STORMY:
Psyco mouse is amusing! I guess it doesn't matter the species, testosterone is testosterone!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:07 pm

I certainly would not call my boyfriend a werewolf. But then, I suppose I really don't know much about him in that area. Anytime I ask him things that relate to the pagan side of things, he doesn't talk much. Sometimes he tells me he did a spell, or that he has native american tendencies, but other than that, he doesn't say much. I'll be talking about dragons though, and all of the sudden he will just say, oh no, not the dragons again. It's really weird. But maybe the next time I talk to him, I'll ask him why he doesn't seem to like dragons. I really would like to know.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:20 pm

probobly the same reason I don't like Vampires... which is simply "I don't know"

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:21 pm

I guess it doesn't matter the species, testosterone is testosterone!
I REALLY like that! :lol: :lol:

It's about 7 minutes later and I am still laughing!
Crazy Healer Lady

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:01 pm

ok, so I finally got an answer out of him about this subject. It has to do with the fact that "dragons don't exist and they never have. They are just a myth. Though there is great power in the idea of the dragon."

*sighs*

Regardless, IMO, of whether the dragon is a myth, now that so many people believe in them, their thoughtform is real. So, therefore, they are powerful because of that specific thoughtform.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:20 pm

Ah the age old question, which came first the chicken or the eeg? or in this case the Dragon and the idea?
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:22 pm

I am a believer!!!

(sorry... that was supposed to be a heroic, SHE-RA sort of voice...)

Glad to know you finally got an answer, though!
Crazy Healer Lady

BeigeAllen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BeigeAllen » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:57 pm

From http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/gold ... inese.html
The Chinese Dragon
Most of us are all to familiar with the classic western concept of the dragon, but not all have a great insight into probably one of the most recognised dragons, the Chinese dragon.

In Chinese mythology there are five types of dragon:-
  • Those guarding the gods and emperors
  • Those controlling the wind and rain
  • Earthly dragons which deepened the rivers and seas
  • Guardians of hidden treasure
The first dragon
The First dragon appeared to the mythical emperor Fu-hsi, and filled the hole in the sky made by the monster Kung Kung. Its waking, sleeping and breathing determined day and night. Season and weather.

There are many differences between the classical dragon and the Chinese dragon, these include the ability to fly even without wings, shape-shifting abilities, and of course the general benevolent behaviour to the populace.

The Chinese dragon is made up of nine entities. The head of camel, the eyes of a demon, the ears of a cow, the horns of a stag, the neck of a snake, it's belly a clam's, it's claws that of an eagle, while the soles of his feet are that of a tiger, and the 117 scales that cover it's body are that of a carp.

The Chinese dragon has four claws as standard, but the Imperial dragon has five, this is to identify it above the lesser classes. Anyone other than the emperor using the 5 claw motif was put to death.

The Chinese dragon (Lung) was a divine bringer of rain, necessary for the good of the people. Throughout Chinese history the dragon has been equated with weather. It is said that some of the worst floodings were caused when a mortal has upset a dragon. The dragon was also a symbol of the emperor whose wisdom and divine power assured the well-being of his subjects. Many legends draw connections between the dragon and the emperor. Some emperors claimed to have descended from the dragon.

Chinese dragons of myth could make themselves as large as the universe or as small as a silkworm. They could also change color and disappear in a flash. They rise to the skies in the spring and plunge into the waters in the autumn.

Ancient China
Dragon occupies a very important position in Chinese mythology. It shows up in arts, literature, poetry, architecture, songs, and many aspects of the Chinese conscience. The origin of Chinese dragons is unknown, but certainly pre-dates the written history.

Nine Dragon Wall
A very popular tourist site in Beijing is this Nine-Dragon Wall in BaiHai Park. After hundreds of years, the colours of the ceramic tiles are just as brilliant. The wall was built in 1756. It is 21m long, about 15m high and i.2m thick. It is faced with 424 7-colour ceramic tiles. At the centre of the wall, there is a giant dragon, flanged by four dragons on each side. In addition to these nine large dragons, the wall is covered from edge to edge with many smaller dragons. In all, there are 635 dragons.

According to legend the Dragon had nine sons, and each had a strong personality. There is no general agreement as to what the Dragon's sons are called. However, to most people, they are:
  • Haoxian A reckless and adventurous dragon whose image can be found decorating the eaves of palaces.
  • Yazi Valiant and bellicose; his image is seen on sword-hilts and knife hilts.
  • Chiwen likes to gaze into the distance and his appearance is often carved on pinnacles.
  • Baxia is a good swimmer and his image decorates many bridge piers and archways.
  • Pulao is fond of roaring and his figure is carved on bells.
  • Bixi is an excellent pack-animal whose image appears on panniers.
  • Qiuniu loves music and his figure is a common decoration on the bridge of stringed musical instruments.
  • Suanmi is fond of smoke and fire; his likeness can be seen on the legs of incense-burners.
  • Jiaotu is as tight-lipped as a mussel or a snail. His image is carved on doors.
Come visit me at WorldWide Pagan Network
Warning contents may disillusion the irrational!

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:14 pm

Crazy Healer Lady:

Ummm, new to this board and strictly solitary in practice, so slap me down if this is a silly or impertinent question.
What do you mean by before you were "awake"? I saw that in another of your posts somewhere, I think.

Respectfully curious,
Grumpy

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:29 pm

Spiritually awake to the entities and engeries around you.

Some people go through an awakening where their psyic and spiritual powers manifest. This is usually their first initiation by their Gods, the first sign that they are on the right path.

I had my first awakening when I was around 11, was able to begin to control my aura and such. But I'm a natural medium, so I've always been partially "awake".
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!