Looking for Dragon Information

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:47 pm

Exactly what she said.

Don't worry. Newby questions are fine. ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:29 pm

Oh. [blink blink]

Thanks

Grumpy :finga:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 pm

Although it doesn't include dragons (dragons got their own special book, if I remember correctly) there was an awesome book out on spiritual creatures a few years back... Exceptionally informative and well written. It was about spiritual creatures and how to meet them and deal with them. If anyone's interested, ask me a question and I'll check the answer or for those of you who like reading, I'll get the book name and author for you.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Grumpy wrote:Crazy Healer Lady:

Ummm, new to this board and strictly solitary in practice, so slap me down if this is a silly or impertinent question.
What do you mean by before you were "awake"? I saw that in another of your posts somewhere, I think.

Respectfully curious,
Grumpy
There is also an Otherkin connotation to awakening, and it usually comes after a Pagan awakening. It is the point at which you realize that your soul is not one of the human stock, and is in fact something else. For many people its a sudden shock, and can take years to come to terms with (if ever). Mine was as gradual as my spiritual awakening, it took years until one day, about 3 years ago when I was 13 I looked in the mirror and realized that the soul that resided in me was that of a Dracos... it was really a sense of overwhelming peace, followed shortly by a sense of insanity. I soon realized that I had known it all along, and have since found others like myself and accepted wholeheartedly who/what I am... or what I believe myself to be.

Speaking of acceptance, I had a very scary week about a month ago which I will now venture to go make a post about...

If anyone else is interested in my side of the Dragon stories, feel free to PM me or Email me (preferably email) at [email protected]

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:58 am

The way I use the phrase is to mean before I was in control of my aura and aware of the energy flows and auras around me. Before I was able to sense and talk to my Spirit Guide, I was not spiritually or psychically "Awake". When I first walked the Planes and then learned of my Spirit Form, when I first flew as an Owl...I began to wake.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

omerta_code765
Level 1
Level 1

The reason

Post by omerta_code765 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 am

OK in my specific Noe pagan faith a being of true guidance is my mother dichotomy,(mother spider).Dragons are in my case above my prowess so i simply wright them off as myth,nothing more,i draw most if not all of my power from my mother ,and in my spiritual form i would be seen as a spider-like thing wandering about .My first encounter with a dragon was very overwhelming and sceard me to the point of ,(well lets just say it was a long time before i went back to that plane)...the fact of the matter is i hate them :evil: one thing my love dose not know and really i never wanted to divulge is that i use to practice the dark arts and was often accompanied by my sire Ethan,Ethan was to my knowledge a demon of great and aw full power and he bestowed some on me and i have yet released them and cant...my fear of him grows every time i think of it ...in-fact I'm very afraid of my self...he is the reason i don't meditate ever because he will envelope me and destroy everything Ive come to love.But one of Ethan's many forms was a dragon

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:54 pm

every one has their dark sides. dont let it envelop you. show it your not scared and stand up to it. letting thigns consume you is never a good thing. though i have little knowledge of the dark arts, much to my dismay on a few occasions. everything has two sides, turn around what it sends and show it to leave you alone.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:01 am

Ah, but the greatest part about everything in this world is the balance between everything. Not all dragons are evil, just as not all humans are evil. I accept that there are some good and some bad. I choose to only "frolic" with the good ones, simply because of my personality, but I respect them all.

I think CHL was talking of something like this. But anyway, this may be one of those things where we choose disagree on things and let each other do what they want providing it is not harming the other or anyone else.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Fell Dragon
Level 1
Level 1
Location: That blur in the corner of your eye, you know, the one that disappears when you look directly at it.

Re: Looking for Dragon Information

Post by Fell Dragon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:19 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I could not fathom a dragon being bad, and still have trouble with it.
Well if there is good there is always evil. It is part of the Yin Yang concept. Balance... If there was no evil, there would be no reverse side in Tarot. That is of course if Dragons truly exist. I have doubts on both sides and don't really have an opinion on your other comments as I myself have never made contact. Just trying to help as little as I can. :-D
My Study Material:
-www.paganlibrary.com
-Earth Magic, by Marion Weinstein
-Discover Your Psychic Powers, by Tara Ward
-Witchcraft, Theory and Practice, by De Angeles
-Celtic Dragon Tarot, by Conway and Hunt

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:18 am

Thanks, Fell Dragon. I've got all I need on the dragons, though, now. :-D 8-) :hug:

Yes my opinions have changed a bit. I can see dark and light in dragons.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG