Looking for Dragon Information

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Looking for Dragon Information

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:50 pm

Greetings

I have been racking my brain thinking of things to ask seriously. And finally I came up with something that I cannot seem to find reliable answers about.

Dragons!

Dragons I have held with utmost respect and awe for years. I was obsessed with them years ago, when I was not yet "awake", and insisted they must exist on this plane.

Now that I am, well, past that, I still believe in dragons, be they only in our minds, in other realms, alive today in our world, or in ancient times when dinosaurs roamed. Either way they have much significance in terms of symbols for our psyche, much like archetypes, and they also help with some powerful magic, which I have experienced myself. So I certainly believe in them.

But I've heard a few people say that you have a dragon for life, and if you feed it, it gets bigger. This seems really weird and, frankly, ridiculous to me, like having a pet dragon in the Sims (except they don't get bigger). An acquaintance of mine, a powerful spiritual warrior (fights the bad things at night and gets little sleep) and crystal child/woman, when she pulls bad things out of people she mentioned people can feed them to dragons (but to be sure to feed them good loving energy, too, or else they turn bad). This warped my view. I respect her and hold her with high regard, and she is very knowledgeable in her field, but at the time I could not fathom a dragon being bad, and still have trouble with it. I mean, I think of snakes, really, when I think of dragon demeanor.

My experience with dragons was when I was clearing my healing room, when I knew some stagnant and/or bad energy had come in with a patient, a dragon came in and scared them all away. It was not called, but I was very thankful, and now know without a doubt that dragons are around me. (Would my red hair be a hint ;) ha ha, kidding.)

I feel that this belongs in Paganism, but if I am wrong, let me know, mods! I want to know how any of you relate dragons to your spiritual practices, and Paganism in general. What do you know of them, besides what has been taken from Lord of the Rings or Dragonheart. :lol: This is for serious discussion on the topic of dragons 8-)

Apologies for those of you who do not believe in dragons. I must seem rather childish, and as I read this over I notice that I sound child-like in some parts :lol: which I am fine with.

Actually, here's an interesting story: my ex's little brother was 5 at the time when he saw a dragon sitting on a stump. He described it to my ex, who knew he was not lying. I trust his judgment incredibly but not blindly. He described it as red and small. My ex asked for more detail about how it looked, and the brother shrugged and replied, "You know: A dragon."
Thought this was interesting, anyway ^_^

Thanks, all, in advance for your answers and information. I know a lot about dragons, many myths, many theories, stories, ideas, "facts," etc. but want to know the "truth." So far I have very little ideas on what the "truth" is about dragons, except for what I feel about them and what I have seen. O_O
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:25 am

Dragons can be Spirit Guides or a person's Spirit form when they travel other planes.

They are strong guardians who can sometimes turn petty. (Think of the dragon with the hoard of gold)
Mostly they are protective of a certain area or a certain "clan" of people. They exisit on this plane only in Spirit. They are a good focus for various energies, and can scare off or destroy hostile entities. They are an ancient noble race, and a Spirit Dragon should be approached with the utmost respect.

that's all I really got.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:14 am

I can give you a good deal of information, but its a little private. If your interested email, IM, or PM me.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:17 pm

Thanks to the both of you ^^

By the way I personally believe that they exist on the spirit plane, not in the physical realm, and such is how I believe the dragon appeared to my ex's little brother.

Just so you all do not think I am on a mad dragon hunt (although I really wanted to be a cryptozoologist at one point ^_^)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:19 pm

Oh, I know they are Spirit Plane dwellers...but people can have Spirit Forms that they take when they wander the other planes. I can "morph" into my Guide when I'm on other planes...and fly with her...(A lot of fun! I highly recommend it!)

I actually know of three people who have Dragon Spirit Forms for when they wander the Spirit planes. I know of three locations on this plane that have Dragon Spirits for guardians.

They're harder to make contact with than Fairies, personally...but if you do make friends with them, Dragons can be GREAT allies. It's a shame they can be so standoffish!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:05 pm

Oh, I know they are Spirit Plane dwellers...
I just wanted to make sure that I didn't sound... :lol:

They're harder to make contact with than Fairies
(okay, it really bugs me when posts are nothing but quotes, but blarg! here I go!)

That makes me think...

#-o

I should try contact.

Any tips? Hints? Now... I know that if they do not want to make contact that they will not, but here's hoping, and it's worth a try, ci? With complete respect, reverence, and awe...
Must make this special.

Will wait a while, though, until I feel it is right.

Again, thanks!
Crazy Healer Lady

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:10 am

try just saying 'hi'

not all Dragons are egotistical and standoffish, sure, they have their moments... but some are quite friendly in my mind...

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:00 am

I'm no expert at dragons but I'll throw in my bit of experience / observations about them.

First, what I did is read a bunch of information both on line and in books (some of which was totally ridicules), asked some questions here and then used the old brain computer to compile all that stuff, cross reference it and add in my own personal knowledge/experience/feelings and spit out a finalized brain print out that helped guide me in making contact. What I mean to say by all of this is that, as with any other thing, though dragons do have a few accepted "dos" and "don'ts", one must still come up with a means of associating with them that is somewhat personal.

The things I have found to be true or that I believe to be true:

Dragons are Astral or Other Plane entities which can either manifest in "spirit" on this plane (most often) or can actually visit this plane physically (more common in ancient times, extremely rare now).

I think Dragons did often actually live on this plane at one point in time, but moved to the Astral plan completely due to humans and their "unpleasantness".

Dragons, for the most part, want to help humans who they perceive as worthy - meaning, humans who actually take the time to acknowledge them, honor them, their wisdom and any help they give. For the most part they are very tolerant and patient with those who continue to "try". However...

...you don't want to be purposely ignorant to a dragon - if you are not only will you run the risk that you'll NEVER be able to make contact with any one of them, but the one you offend just may give you an unpleasant parting lesson in manners.

...Dragons can be aloof and wary - with good reason - they are far more intelligent and wise than we are and most humans would try to kill them if they could or lock them up in a cage. To make contact you need to be sincere and patient. Which is pretty much true of any astral or spiritual being.

Dragons can be very powerful Allies and protectors but they take patience, tact and a certain sincere humbleness to make contact with. I guess a good comparison would be to think of them like you would think of a very old, wise and skilled martial arts teacher. The teacher demands, expects and deserves to be treated with respect and honor - if you do so, he will pass on knowledge to you as he sees you are ready for it and he will become your Aly and perhaps even your friend. If you don't, he will kick your sorry, ignorant butt out of the dojo and your chances of getting back in are pretty darn slim. Dragons are very much like that.

Case in point - when I was first making contact with dragons, a certain younger dragon made it's presence known to me through a manifestation in a spirit/energy form on my roof. This was back in my more eager gotta tell someone newbie stage and I had to spill the beans to my husband. I don't recall the exact reaction but I know it was one of disbelief on his part. It was either the next night or a few nights later that he and I were sitting in the living room, the cats were with us, and all of a sudden all hell broke loose up in the computer room (which is pretty much hubbies territory). Thundering foot steps could be heard that were shaking the house, things were being knocked down. I didn't say anything because I figured it "could" be something that just I was privy to as I (and the cats) had been able to see and hear things my husband hadn't before - but I was fairly sure it was the dragon who wasn't too happy about be thought of as 'not existing'. I looked over at hubby and he is looking up the steps and his eyes are as big saucers. He looks at me and I said "So you heard that too?" Long story short, he now has a mini "altar" with dragon "stuff" on it in the computer room and he definitely believes in dragons ;)

As for "evil" dragons - well, there is balance in everything, so I would expect that there would be some nasty one's out there, but I have not had contact with any of them. Probably the same as with anything - you contact what you seek to contact - I seek dragons as protectors, teachers, allies, "good" dragons - not nasty ones, so I am guessing that's why I've not bumped into any "bad" one's yet.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:07 am

Thanks, Stormy!!

:-D

I'm still a wee bit hesitant, too.
I know that if I do make contact with a dragon, or try, anyway, and get an answer, it will take a lot in my practice to keep it up. I am very sure that one day this will happen, and I am in the "gathering knowledge" stage.

Thanks again!
Crazy Healer Lady

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:38 pm

Stormy, I really liked your dragon story, that'll teach him not to be a disbeliever huh? I also liked the info you put together on them. It peaked my interest a bit as well. I have always liked dragons, along with other mythical creatures, so I may have to get a dragon statue and see if I can seek one out...respectfully of course. :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:29 pm

They really aren't all mean you know !

lol...we're not that bad.... not all of us....

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:59 pm

They really aren't all mean you know
^_^

I've always had trouble thinking of dragons being mean. In every serious private story I've ever written there was a dragon, and it was always good, and usually a long long rant about how humans are evil and dragons are good and woe to the world because we have forced them into hiding.

My problem is that I'd want to rush up and hug it :lol: (yes yes I know I know fie fie on the idea).

O_O I.. am going a little crazy, I think... strange strange uneventful, vain strenuous cleaning day...
Crazy Healer Lady

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:01 pm

morgana wrote:Stormy, I really liked your dragon story, that'll teach him not to be a disbeliever huh?
Heh, heh - yea, it was pretty darn funny to tell the truth.

And it's so strange because though he definately believes in dragons and astral entities, though he believes that what I "do" is valid enough that he has told me many times "I wish you'd be more careful" or "I wish you wouldn't do that stuff, you never know what you're going to bring here next" he still is NOT a spiritual person, he still refuses to accept and/or worship/honor any aspect of the divine, he still doesn't want to "do" any of this "stuff" himself.

I've considered this for some time and the only thing I can conclude is that he is still angry at "God" because he told me once that when he was a kid and getting beaten almost to death several times a week he wanted to know where was God and why didn't He do anything to stop it? I guess he doesn't see the fact that his adoptive father stepped into the picture when he was about 8 to 10 yrs old (don't remember exactly) and took him, his brother and mother away from all that as "God" doing something. So he refuses to honor any aspect of the divine even though he obviously believes in my "stuff" :-k :-k
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:09 pm

I've always been interested in dragons myself. Ever since I met my boyfriend, however, I've been hesitant to do anything about my feelings. For some reason, he does not like them or something. I'm not sure what it's all about. But the fact of the matter is, I'm still interested, and want to get in touch. But this will happen one day. I'm still gathering knowledge myself. And maybe, one day, I can figure out why my boyfriend doesn't seem to like dragons.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:59 pm

Is he by any chance a Wherewolf? I read somewhere that the two species hated eachother with passion...