Things that are Spiritual

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:30 pm

Some good Shamanic books, Silver Spider, if you are interested, are:
ANYTHING by Kristen Madden (awesome lady) particularly Shamanic Guide to Death and Dying and Shamanic Healing. Alberto Villoldo is also an interesting author, and my favourites are Shaman, Healer, Sage and Dance of the Three Winds.
These are all mainstream books and should be easily accessed. Although mainstream isn't usually the best, they are what got me steadily on my path, and once you hear what they have to say you can learn from yourself and your Guides all about Shamanism.

By the way, I meant "if it works, hurray," not world. I changed it, but it still appears as "world" in Silver Spider's quote of mine :oops: I rarely use spelling cow (pride :lol: ;) ), and because of that, I do not catch typos
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:49 am

Add to that Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner (Core Shamanism), Urban Shaman, Shamanism and Personal Mastery, the books by the Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society, Modern Shamanism by Serge Kahili King

There are all worthwhile reads.

Wassail und wunjo
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:59 am

Wow, the uproar of a list. I can understand how some would feel making a list would bottle and label spirituality and that's the exact opposite of what paganism is about, but who doesn't make grocery lists for what they need in the home? The home and our bodies are one in the same, they're temples. When one is dirty we know showering is how to clean the outside of us, 409 cleans the grease off the stove, and spirituality keeps our insides clean(mind, heart, and soul). Who doesn't feel refreshed after playing in the oceans waters? Who hasn't made the 'my perfect guy/girl list'? Lists help put a little order to an insane world, many agree that nothing is certain, but I'm pretty sure that there are no potatoes left in my fridge ;) Lists help remind us of the important things when we get all stressed and jumbled and confused. I'll be honest here and admit that everyday, every single day, I remind myself all the time about just why I love my other half, and not because if I didn't I'd leave him, but because it makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside. Isn't that what spirituality is about, warm and fuzzy on the inside? I agree that spirituality is a very individual thing and shouldn't be packaged or bought or sold, but sharing ideas with one another about what's spiritual to everyone here is a way to open new doors, broaden horizons, look at other poeples views and realize that spirituality is more then just 'me' or 'you', it's everything and everyone. It takes all kinds to make the world go round, the same with spirituality. As small and stupid as a list on spirituality may seem, it helps to remind people that we are not alone, there are billions of people in this world and each of them with their own views and thoughts, it's amazing that a small list has the possibility to get people to see and think about such a large issue as themselves and more importantly, other people. Why, just look at all the people who responded to just this post alone, not to mention the entire board it's self. Interesting, isn't it?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:19 pm

Refridgerator?????

:-k ](*,) :scratch: :scratch: :smt102

AAHHH; Don't tell me; This is one of your 21C totems?
"ALL HAIL THE GREAT FRIDGE!!!"

You still live with mummy? Confused as to how the food "magically appears" in the big white, buzzing, God in the corner of the kitchen? Put bowls of milk in front of it at night? The fact that it is empty in the morning is "final proof" huh? (Nothing to do with the damn cat of course?)

Please feel free to expand on your fridge spirituality theory.

Regarding the usefullness of lists Read Tolkiens "LEAF BY NIGGLE". You may find something as to the relevance of parts as to the whole.

Silver Spider
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Silver Spider » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:03 am

abc
Last edited by Silver Spider on Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace and Prosperity. Dove and Goldfish.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:43 am

Mirrors and shadow entities are a valid part of magical practice.
Dodgily engineered, old and/worn fridge doors are not.

"I'm guessing the Other Side may have designated some kind of contemporary totem or sign/omen, possibly such as the refrigerator."

I think they may be suggesting you need a new...hmmm. yes...FRIDGE.;) #-o :thumbup:

Also to check your perishable property insurance.

"Maybe I'll read that later."

DAMN NEAR EXACTLY WHY I SUGGESTED YOU READ IT!

When the fridge door opens... hmmm? How do I put this?
Does the light come on? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:06 am

:lol: Ragnar, you are awesome.

I am so fuzzy on the subject of totems, it is unbelievable. This is because totem animals of mine are intermingled with my Guides, and one of my Guides shows up as an animal, and all I know of Guides and Totems and most of everything is what They teach me.

So I hope you excuse my ignorance on what I am about to say.

I would take the door opening on its own, if not a shotty fridge, then a message from yourself or from Spirit (psychokinesis?), but I would not consider the fridge a totem, myself. The refridgerator has become a huge symbol in our society, though, of self-deprivation, hate (self?), comfort, surplus, etc etc. Maybe it does qualify as a totem? But how would those aspects of the refridgerator represent you or help you as totems do?

Ugh >< My brain is so muddled today.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:32 pm

Thank you, your not too bad yourself :roll:

I have had experiences, as I presume every one on these boards has, of spirits attaching themselves to mechanical objects,ships, motorcycles, as well as places, buildings etc.
With mechanical objects (Except for ships :love4: )
I believe it to be more a reflection of our sentimental attachment to them, rather than being chased by a love sick microwave oven.

This is normaly called "haunting", or "poltergeist" activity.
Psychic, (or psychiatric :tongue1:???) events.

It does not mean your whole kitchen, garage, workshop, has turned into a sea of bespoke totems.

(How do you check if the book shop has a poltergeist. Look out for "poetry in motion".(Sorry could not resist an old school yard "joke".))

Bye the way,
where did you find the picture of my Sister?

:hippy2::hippy2::hippy2: (THAT to be exact!).

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:48 am

Ragnar wrote:Refridgerator?????

:-k ](*,) :scratch: :scratch: :smt102

AAHHH; Don't tell me; This is one of your 21C totems?
"ALL HAIL THE GREAT FRIDGE!!!"
That just brought back a flash back of 6 of us in a club all hailing the allmighty brush....

Hehe

i know my current cooker hates me... but its mutual cause i only like gas cookers and the thing is elcetric...

... i just kinda stick to nearly everything outside.. mainly tree's i love tree's.. sorry I'm trying to get my brain of the topic of cognitive dissonance ! lmao
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:44 am

:weedman: :weedman: :weedman: :weedman: :weedman:

I know what you mean.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:03 pm

Ragnar wrote::weedman: :weedman: :weedman: :weedman: :weedman:

I know what you mean.

:: Falls on Floor in a giggle fit ::

hehehe
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:52 pm

What a fascinating topic. Also very controversial. Before I contribute though I have a question. You begin the list with the words "Believe in" what do you mean by that?
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Galaxy Girl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Galaxy Girl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:20 pm

I believe that spirituality is a state of mind, a way of being in which you do everything from a higher place.

As an example, some people just cook a meal, and some people cook with love and joy. The energy of the food is so much better and healthier when cooked the latter way. Some people just clean the house. And some people clean the house with the intent of clearing the space too and making it harmonious and lovely. The feeling you get from being in that place is of a much higher vibration, far more peaceful and happy. It's not "things" that are spiritual, but the intent, even in the most mundane.
Grace and kindness create powerful ripples in the world.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:26 am

"daibanjo
You begin the list with the words "Believe in" what do you mean by that?"

The rest of us wish we knew too. Silver Spider does tend to use topics like grenades. Throw, duck, and forget.

He/She is being a bit quiet at the moment. Maybe they were inspecting the fridge door when it closed. NOW, after all this time, it wont open, and their trapped between the butter and the salami doing a solo ritual to the frozen kipper they forgot about from last Yule. Hopping against hope that some big fishy God like hand will decide it wants a cola.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:49 pm

OMFG!! I am literally ROFLMFAO at that one!! :smt082 :laughing3:

:occasion5: I couldnt have said it anywhere near as good as that! Cheers buddy!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~