Evidence for paganism

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:19 pm

You want evidence?

Ok, go to a library, read the works of the romans, read the works of the greeks, read the current works of archaeologists, sociologiest, anthropologists. There is your cold, hard evidence. Which is, by the way, just as empirical as the judeic evidences, which includes christianity.

Now, as I said in another post, paganism (all forms, be it shamanism, wicca, witta, asatru, indigenous, etc) are experiential paths. Your proof is in the experience. If you practice, you will, sooner or later, start to experience your connections to whatever spirtual path you're practicing on.

As far as the new testament goes, it was written by men, it's not true, it's fables and learning stories. You should learn from it, not try and quote it as some kind of law book. Nothing written by men is perfect, involitile, etc. And the current versions of the bible are so twisted from the originals, it's not even funny.

As far as being "Clairsentient" goes... if you're clairsentient, your abilities lie in a kinesthetic form, so chances are, you're also at least mildly empathic and intuitive. Work with that as well to balance yourself out.

As far as doors opening and closing, poltergeist activity is extremely rare, and while I won't say you're lieing about that, I will say that I find it unlikely in the extreme. Physical manifestation that happens rapidly is poltergeist, other physical manifestations take time to gain power, whether by invocation, evocation, servitor, ally, etc. Not something that happens rapidly at first.

Now, as far as what I would tell someone who is seeking a pagan path... I would tell them to study from several sources, speak with people of different back grounds, spend time studying and practicing with different individuals/groups and find what "clicks" for them, what feels "right" for them. There Is No One True Way. What's good for one person is not necessarily what someone else needs. So guide gently and let someone find the right path for them.

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:35 pm

Andy wrote:But like ive said, the old testiment law was in effect, until Christ assended to Heaven!

Andy
So god's word was wrong as it was written in the OT, because he changed it later. What sort of a god is that? Being wrong does not count as a goodly quality.
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:48 pm

Thanks Runewulf - I will!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:36 pm

you're quite welcome

wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:09 pm

I want to say many things here, and I may or may not be entitled. I feel I am overstepping my bounds a little here.

1) Thank you all for trying to get rid of misconceptions, and for standing up for "our way of life."
2) I think disputes between roommates should be left at home, though it did make some interesting conversation
3) Andy, Guides are like Angels. I have myself seen angels, and they work with our Guides, which leads into my final point.
4) I am getting kicked off the internet very soon, and I am hurrying up, and will have to miss some points!
5) I am hurrying up, so this is my final point. I believe what I believe because I have seen it. The mind interprets things different than other minds, though. I used to not believe in angels, but thought that people saw their Guides and saw them as angels as that is what fits in with their religion. I feel my Guides. They teach me and protect me, and help me to heal others. I have witnessed amazing things, felt amazing things. This is my proof. I cannot show this stuff to others, and will not try. If they are not meant to follow my path, I hope they are happy on theirs and find just as much happiness and enlightenment wherever they go ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Antonius Varus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antonius Varus » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:15 am

I know people who've seen angels too, and I've no reason to doubt them. I don't know what I believe, but I know enough to know that I don't know everything, so I'll keep my mind open.

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:30 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I want to say many things here, and I may or may not be entitled. I feel I am overstepping my bounds a little here.

1) Thank you all for trying to get rid of misconceptions, and for standing up for "our way of life."
Agreed! My thanks goes out to all of you as well.
2) I think disputes between roommates should be left at home, though it did make some interesting conversation.
=D> =D> =D> If you want to know something, Andy, please ask me! You don't have to come to a website to ask others to gain your answers, though I understand if you wanted more than one person's word on something.
3) Andy, Guides are like Angels. I have myself seen angels, and they work with our Guides, which leads into my final point.
4) I am getting kicked off the internet very soon, and I am hurrying up, and will have to miss some points!
5) I am hurrying up, so this is my final point. I believe what I believe because I have seen it. The mind interprets things different than other minds, though. I used to not believe in angels, but thought that people saw their Guides and saw them as angels as that is what fits in with their religion. I feel my Guides. They teach me and protect me, and help me to heal others. I have witnessed amazing things, felt amazing things. This is my proof. I cannot show this stuff to others, and will not try. If they are not meant to follow my path, I hope they are happy on theirs and find just as much happiness and enlightenment wherever they go ^_^
Agreed entirely - Since that first contact with my Guide, he's been around a lot more, and I've felt him around. I also agree with your final point entirely - 'I hope they are happy on theirs'..... agreed!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Odbe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Odbe » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:53 pm

"What's that on the table?"
"It's a cup."
"Prove it."
"Um... it just is."
"I'm not convinced."
"It is a cup! Look, touch it. Doesn't it feel like a cup?"
"You still can't prove it."
"Um... .... ...Want a coffee?"

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:40 am

Oooh! Another Aussie!! Welcome!! I haven't actually noticed you around before, so incase you have posted previously, forgive the lateness of my welcome!! lol

And unfortuantely that is usually how the "Arguement of Proof" normally goes ... #-o
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Odbe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Odbe » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:00 pm

Lol, thanks and hi... I think I popped in a while back and introduced myself then went back to sleep.. I can't remember now.