Just an Observation...

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:42 am

Antonius Varus wrote:The money hungry guy should be 'removed' from society.
Believe me, both her ex-husband and my sister are reaping a bitter harvest these past few years for all the many things they did. So bitter, in fact, that I actually pity them - well, my sister at least.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:22 pm

Wow that is beautiful Brown-Eyed Girl!
I should post some pics of my property. I've lived on this all my life, and I love it. 10 acres, 3 fields, and many gardens, 2 horses, 2 cats, 2 dogs (we like the #2 apparently) and we live right below a mountain and a creek. I feel like the luckiest person alive, especially right now because we FINALLY have RAIN! Goodbye dry season, the creek is running again!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:02 pm

I'm so envious of you all! I would LOVE to live out in the countryside, somewhere like that, with a stream at the bottom of the garden - but I'm stuck in the city....one day, after my uni course has finished...one day, I will live somewhere like that....
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:59 am

ell i live in birmingham now so its quite good i still have some country side. and i live on an estate its shocking i actualy have a garden! but i do :D its only lil but its nice and the balcony goes over it :D
i want to live in your house CHL!!!!!
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:59 am

Stormy, the story about the Oaks is just so sad.

And what is even worse is that this sort of thing happens all the time, everywhere.
(The forest of my youth still exists, but ony in token form, because it is now bisected by an 8-lane freeway...)

The good thing is that nature is strong enough to re-generate.
And the memories of our early youth - they can be with us forever.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Antonius Varus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antonius Varus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:33 am

True, in time the unnatural structures of man will crumble back into the dust, and nature will re-take the land. I doubt I'll live to see such times though, at least in this body.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:15 am

It may not need to take that long.

As some here know, I live in a clearing in the rainforest.

Not long ago one of my sons (all of whom have moved away from here and live in cities and/or suburbs) asked me: "what do you think it will look like here in 50 or 100 years?".
And I said: "one of two things: Either it will be very populated here, with shopping malls and houses etc, or it will all have reverted back to forest."

Personally I would prefer to see the latter. But I may not necessarily wish to experience the conditions that might bring it about......

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Antonius Varus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antonius Varus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:35 am

I think the forest will return if things continue the way they are.

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:18 am

Agreed - the UK used to be about 90% (I think!) forest - now, seeing a proper forest in the UK is quite rare.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Antonius Varus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antonius Varus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:34 am

Yes, we cut down our oak and replaced them with pine, and then only in certain areas.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:31 pm

I don't know what plants show this to all of you in your areas, but here the blackberry bushes tell when something has been put in the forest and the forest is trying hard to reclaim it. They creep along logs that have been taken without permission, and leave the ones that were given with permission. They are slowly taking the road leading up to where a little girl was murdered near my house. They are really the only thing in one of our fields. It is amazing. I say, "Take it!" I nearly cried when my dad brought in his excavator and wiped out all the blackberries in our field, because I was thinking of the robin nests and snakes and such. But, they have all grown back ^_^ in just one season.

Trouble is, that these blackberries are not the ones native to Canada. They were brought over from Europe.
It's nice, though... the front yard overlooks the road and the blackberry-filled field, and they have climbed over the creek and up the bank, but they stay at the edge. The only ones that creep over are the ones that they allow me to feed to my stickbugs. So I figure they are mostly okay with us living here.
Now some, I must say, may call this being a little naieve. I do not use blackberries solely as the messenger of the forest. I use my intuition. It's like how not every hawk has a message. You learn which ones have the message for you.
Anyway, back to coffee.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:54 pm

Usually when things get uber stressful I find relaxation at the Delaware Dam. It is a strange combination of the forces of nature and the forces of man. You could feel the power (both spiritally and physically) of the Olentangy River. This river has never struck me as being a beautiful river since it is mucky and shallow. However, on top of the Dam it is majestic. Spring is the best time to go since the river is full.
This is prime example of a way nature takes things back...it will embrace it.

As for greedy people, It always does come back to them. Even more problematic to me is that there is a mentality out there where people think just because they have nothing and you have something they deserve to have it. Nevermind the fact that you worked hard for what you have and they sit on their bum and that if they worked just as hard they could have the same. These people fail to realize that no one is entitled to anything.
I had a friend who expected me to pay for everything since they did not have any money and I did.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:42 pm

Sorry,
i am going back to places where we grew up.
My grandmother dies in April (as some of you know) and her cottage was beautiful, the Moira river flowed through her property and used to flood every year giving her to most amazing garden int he world.
At her funeral all of us took a walk up to the swimming quarries. I collected some stones and I am planning to make them into a gift for my mom (I want to either make stepping stones or flower pots out of them).
Anyway there was a family fight and now an uncle that no one likes owns the property. I miss is so much I could cry sometimes.
Sitting under the stars, listening to the waterfall, it was the first time I ever felt nature.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:59 am

the blackberry's went nicely around our fields with the horse's. i used to love going black berry picking when i was a kid :D
one house up the road wanted to level the gardens and make the back lane an actual road.. i think you can guess that never worked but last time i saw there house (my sister till owns our old place) there entire back garden (same size of my own) was over run my stingers blackberry's and thorns. about twice to my height. and unfortunately it rupture a sewage under the garden which had seeped into my next door neighbors. i think its all cleaned up now. the people who lived there couldn't be bothered with it.

there flattening all that back fields there not :( all the way up to the old lane and putting a flippin shopping complex in!
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:43 am

](*,)

Aren't there enough shopping malls???

I swear it, if they ever try to turn Deroche into an actual city, I will tie myself to a tree. They can either run me over or starve me out, but I won't leave. Just cram them into the apartments in Vancouver.
Crazy Healer Lady