Just an Observation...

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:26 pm

dragonflydrummer wrote:Ahh a thread that isn't talking about -- well, Xtian stuff. How refreshing.

The Chinese August Moon, then, it was indeed a strong pull...
Just on that subject:

I know people who really experience the power of the Moon at Full Moon, and again others that say for them the New Moon is much more strongly felt.

What are your experiences in this regard?

Blessings
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:43 pm

*i usually get into lil arguments to try and find away to ignore the pain in my back... its shockingly soothing...*

I love the full moon over here. but its changed slightly... not sure if this will make much sense but Ghna I'm gonna ramble anyway :D

When i used to live on the coast things were different to were i am know (for one i no longer live in wales and 2 I'm inland and not by a beach :: sulks::).
On the coast the new moon appealed to me alot more than the full moon. it was brilliantly fresh because in my garden i could sea the ocean and have the sea air in the garden and coupled with the new moon it was amazing. but inland... full moon seems nearly the same as the new moon used to and the new moon feels how the full moon used to...

Okiess ramble over :D

sorry if it doesn't make much sense... I'm getting ready to rush to psychology class ::legs it::
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:21 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:.....When i used to live on the coast things were different to were i am know (for one i no longer live in wales and 2 I'm inland and not by a beach :: sulks::).
On the coast the new moon appealed to me alot more than the full moon. it was brilliantly fresh because in my garden i could sea the ocean and have the sea air in the garden and coupled with the new moon it was amazing. but inland... full moon seems nearly the same as the new moon used to and the new moon feels how the full moon used to...
BrownEyedGirl, you seem to miss the place where you used to live, by the sea. Why have you moved away from there, if it felt so "right" for you?

Blessings
RainForestMoon

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:31 am

well i moved away from there when i was 7 basically with my mum and dad.
when i lived there i had my garden.. huge horses out side in the back Field wild ones up the hills. i spent such amounts of time in the garden i could sit at the ponds and dragon flies would just land on me and sit there.. i miss that a lot. the the beach at night any one who has run the length of a beech with the tide coming in on a chilly ish night will know that feeling of it being right. but family situation took us a bit further inland. still in wales were my parent got a pub. i still had a forest so i adapted to the new way.. but as it is in the pub trade.. 4 years later we moved to England, Birmingham and a year and a half later we moved to were we are now.
Now I'm accustomed to city life, i could never live in London, its to city like. there are big parts of Birmingham that are country like. my area is about 10 minute walk and I'm lost in forest and tree's etc etc. closest i have to the sea here tho is the reservoir which is just up the Hill from were i live.. i think i posted a pic of it some were *here it is anyway*

Its not the same as you can guess but i love the look and feel and taste of just standing by a mas of water.

i suppose there is one advantage of living in land... :D i get to play in the snow as the sea air doesn't melt it fast hehe :)

I seem to be on a little bit of a rambling role today to :)

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:39 am

Oh, that looks beautiful! I'd love to live somewhere like that!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:41 am

i love having it there :D
its one thing that reminds my of wales :)

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:42 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:... there are big parts of Birmingham that are country like. my area is about 10 minute walk and I'm lost in forest and tree's etc etc.
When I was a kid I used to live two-minutes-walk from the edge of a forest with a big river running through it.
I believe for many of us it is the early experiences that shape our likes and dislikes.

Thanks for the pic, too.

Blessings
RainForestMoon

Antonius Varus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antonius Varus » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:30 am

I love forests and rivers, and the hills and mountains too. I feel energized when I'm there, and my strength is greatly increased.

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:45 am

I agree - I often feel like a hobbit - in love with the hills and forests, and little streams....
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Antonius Varus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antonius Varus » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:58 am

And they want to ruin my area by building a new coal mine in the hills!

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:34 am

Rain ForestMoon wrote:I believe for many of us it is the early experiences that shape our likes and dislikes.
Agreed - sometimes it seems that the memories of childhood and early adolescence are some of the stronger ones. I can still remember every detail of the forests and streams around the home I grew up in. The house itself was on 2.5 acres of heavily forested land with oak trees predominant. There were oaks only a few dozen feet from the house with trunks over 2 feet in diameter. The trees were all my friends, all known to me. The dappling of the sunlight, the drone of the summer insects in the heat, the crisp smell of fresh snow on moonlit nights so cold and still it was like a dream. I used to sneak out and walk at night at all hours - the moon would 'call' to me - ah, if only I hadn't been raised in such a strictly Christian family, if only I'd met someone early on who could have saved me all the years of searching and questioning myself and wondering why I could hear the trees, the wind, the animals speak and no-one else I knew could...

Sadly, the place which all these memories were spawned in is basically gone now. My sister (and her now ex-husband) had moved in with my mom when my dad died, sneakily got my mom to sign the house over to them, then sold it to move out of state. My sister & her ex-husband are money hungry and their last act before leaving, in order to take every last cent they could get from the house and land, was to have a lumber company come in and cut down all the old oaks. I'll never forget the feeling when I pulled up the week before they moved and there was nothing but ragged stumps and broken branches - my friends all murdered for a few hundred dollars - it was like I'd been gut punched, all the wind went out of me and the sadness was so profound I couldn't not cry. Even now, to remember it brings such pain...

I now have an old oak that I visit in a local park - found him years ago, a good friend who is old enough that he could have been a seedling at the same time when my now dead oak friends were.

Yup, memories from youth are so strong, and they model much of our future, much of what we fill our lives with as adults or at the very least, search for.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:35 pm

Wow Stormy... That is so sad. I could not imagine... There are always the money-hungry ones in the family that ruin everything and sell everything sentimental!
Brown-Eyed Girl, move back to Wales when you are on your own ^_^ and TAKE ME WITH YOU!
And to RainForestMoon, I feel the pull on full moons mostly, and the days riiiiight before. I love the moon.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:45 pm

This picture took a little bit of hunting.. it was taking when i was around 4ish
Its my old garden from when i used to live in wales :D
i thought i should post it as i mentioned it. you can barely see the end of the garden but out the back of it is the Fields with the horses :D

And a money hungry guy in my family ruined it for me and my mum to :(

Why people do that i have no idea.

The garden looks nothing like it did then. the house remained on its own for several years before my sister moved in. it looks smaller now and is grass and concrete. but she re built a pond back into it for the fish :)

Antonius Varus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antonius Varus » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:08 am

The money hungry guy should be 'removed' from society.

ComingTide
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ComingTide » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:27 am

Aiiii, thats beautiful. Reminds me alot of my aunts garden in her old house. Pray tell i have no idea how she got it to look so good considering she lived in central texas. Defiantly reminds me Ive been living in surbania for too long.