Help me explain something...

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu May 12, 2005 5:13 am

I once started a fire in a blizzard and in a total downpour...without lighter fluid or any other chemical accelerant! On a cold firepit, none the less.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 12, 2005 7:13 am

KYSTAR! PLEASE, you can not leave us in this state of suspence! HOW!
You are not a personal friend of Gnashu at all?

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu May 12, 2005 9:32 am

LOL

Let's see...the blizzard fire was started by being able to find a LOT of dried leaves under a few picnic tables...and a few dried sticks.

The rain was more challenging...let me remember. Ah, I used a candle and some newspaper under my cloak to get things to burn hotter, so the underside lit better.

Please excuse mine ignorance, but who is Gnashu?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 12, 2005 9:47 am

Gnashu, (possibly the wrong spelling) is the Indian/Hindu Godess of fire. I believe there is a small community of her followers in Britain. I am sure more in the States.
She seems to smile on you any way. Thanks for the tip.
Our main trouble was there was NO shelter at all. EVERYTHING was like at the bottom of a swimming pool. Na ja, we choose our own "fun".

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu May 12, 2005 10:49 am

Ah, well...that answers that question. Personally, I'd alway had an affinity to Hephestus, the Greek Smith God.

Yeah, there were a few times that I didn't have any dry ANYTHING to start a fire with. THen and only then will I reach for the Lighter Fluid.

A good thing to have in a camping kit is a fire-starter made from carboard egg cartons filled with wax mixed with sawdust or dryer lint. I've heard they work well...but have never used them.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 12, 2005 11:09 am

YES!! Finally a card board egg carton fan!
I swear by them, but every one looks at me like I've joined Woody Allen on a medical vacation. The additions are an idea.
THANK YOU! THANKK YOU! THANK YOU!

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu May 12, 2005 7:31 pm

LOL...Yikes.

I had a friend who swore by them, which is why i did the newspaper and wax under the cloak fire-start.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 12, 2005 11:31 pm

Now,
without cheating and peeking at page one; WHAT WAS THE ORIGIONAL TOPIC?
How did it get from that... (I can not remember, and I do not cheat), to cardboard egg carton arsonism? (is that a new religion, perhaps?).
All answers must reach the examaning body by Tuesday at the latest. Notes and rough scetchings must be included.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri May 13, 2005 4:31 am

I didn't cheat...I read your question, then had to go to work. On the way in, I remembered the answer.

It started as a thread questioning being able to will weather changes, moved from that to "If I could do that, then camping would be so much nicer" to "Weather Scares/Disasters while camping" to "Fire building while the Weather doesn't like you"

Greensilver
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Greensilver » Fri May 13, 2005 6:09 am

OK semi on subject here I had a pagan friend of mine who swore blind he could alter the weather would not hear otherwise,

one not so fine day we were walking to his house a fairly brisk 2 mile walk when it started to rain not very hard but rain, I said hey its raining thought you said you could stop it when you wanted he went alright then did some funny hand gestures and a funny chant then guess what?...

It poured absolute Sky's opened soaking, the kind of rain that so thick you could cut it with a knife I laughed all the way to his that night got soaked though.... #-o
I know an ash its name is Yggdrasil, high tree holy- It stands forever green above wyrds well.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

widdershins dammit, go widdershins...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri May 13, 2005 6:38 am

Obviously confused the direction his hand-signs were going. I hate when that happens... :roll: lol
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri May 13, 2005 8:24 am

When I was younger, I had some slight luck in summoning Thunderstorms...like 3 out of 8 tries.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun May 15, 2005 12:15 pm

All "headology", you just have to keep a straight face when it goes right.
Any way, I was away this weekend as well, and guess what? The very second we started to pack to come home the sun came out to play! Ita had poured down ALL weekend.
Ho hum, am I mad?

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Sun May 15, 2005 10:29 pm

Ho hum, am I mad?
Ahhhhhhhhh -- another victim ot the pranks of the weather spirits !
They've picked you out now -- prob'ly due to the conversations about them that have been going on here. And they're prob'ly going to demand sacrifice in order that they relent... hehehe... :lol:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun May 15, 2005 11:01 pm

Aye,
at 13:20, yesterday, it stopped raining, at 14:00>14:30 it was time to come home. except for night time it's not stopped sunshinning since. As to sacrifice, they managed to get a brand new full tin of my pipe baccy wet. That will do them.