A HUGE post about Ouija

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:55 pm

I don't know, to be honest

Most, for sure! I have heard nothing but bad things about ouija boards, and get nothing but bad feelings. I don't want to belittle your tools because it is certainly not my place to do so! I cannot form an opinion because I have no idea if yours is safe or not. I hope so, lol, of course!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:39 pm

I don't think I could ever see a tool as 'bad'. Like majick is neither black or white, it just is. I've heard other stories about bad experiences with ouija boards, but that was mostly kids playing around unprotected and ppl doing it solo and not well prepared. So now I'm curious, does anyone have any good experiences with them? Or is it just me?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:29 am

Good question.

All I know is if my Granny would not have anything to do with them, then thats good enough for me. :-?

Tagwen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tagwen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:51 am

The only time I ever saw a Ouija board was at my friends house when I was 12. He said he "contacted" a spirit but really he was just trying to mess with me. Good friend hein?

Anyhow right after we destroyer the thing he sat on the couch and then something quiet strange happened. His eyes rolled back to a state where I could only see white. Then he just about normally like nothing happened. I suppose I just lucked out on that one reading about your stories. Mocking the dead can't be appreciated.

That's one of the reasons I got a interest in magic.

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:30 am

Funny thing though, Ouija........
There was a (public)forum over here(X-ian), with many people describing they're bad experiences....the ones warning were Pagan.

Irony at it's best 8-)
/|\

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:29 am

Not really irony. I mean, Pagans are the ones who would know about it. When you work with powerful energies directly, you have to learn respect, responsibility, and boundaries. In my mind, those who haven't will work with Ouija, pendalums, tarot, candles, etc. for cheap thrills. Even if approached in an adult manner (by adult I mean with respect, knowledge, etc), I still see the Ouija as bad news. I'd rather just throw "holy" water from my singing bowl at one :lol: than risk opening doors.

***creeeeeeeeeeak***
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:51 am

Na. I can see the irony.

They, the christians, are not attacking, the ouiji board.

Whereas the Pagan, who's "evil tool" this is meant to be, IS.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:00 pm

I've never seen one work, but the only time I remember trying was with a mundane friend, and I wasn't actually pagan at the time. I was still Catholic, and it was something occult to do. But like I said, never actually got anything.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Fairydust
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fairydust » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:20 pm

wow. Ouija...that's CRAZY. this brings me to how i found the pagan library. it was like samhain 2 years ago maybe? yes...two. well anyways it was me, my friend Susie, and my well not so close hates me acquaintance Sarah. we were like the pagan trio or something, as you can tell when i FIRST got into pagan beliefs. to make a short story short we though we were possessed by effanaku some made up demon i think now. but he was quite real to us. any ways we freaked went online looking for help and that is how i found this place. maybe some of you remember?
basically. i don't play with that game too much any more.

saylin.
<b>lets just let ourselves be what ever it is that we are</b>

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Hey is anyone actually going to start the "Stuff That Happened" post? Or has interest in the subject completely died?

If it has, I see little point in opening a post.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:00 pm

If I remember there was a "creepy things that happen" (Or similar title).

I will go and look and get back.

EDIT. Yup it was started by KOBAK on General chat 11/02/05, died on 09/07/05, after 15 replys.

General chat/The spooky thread. (Page 4 of archives).

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:38 am

I thought that someone had mentioned starting up another so that we could discuss other stuff that had happened. I must have been wrong. Thanks.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:31 pm

forgotten oceans wrote:I don't think I could ever see a tool as 'bad'. Like majick is neither black or white, it just is. I've heard other stories about bad experiences with ouija boards, but that was mostly kids playing around unprotected and ppl doing it solo and not well prepared. So now I'm curious, does anyone have any good experiences with them? Or is it just me?
Honestly, I've had a few experiences when an entity was attempting to make contact very strongly, and only a Ouija board was detailed enough to help them explain why they were calling to us. I don't remember the details, but I do recall using one with a friend to help a spirit cross over.

Honestly, they're too open-ended, too unfocused for them to be very safe. We were strong enough to focus and block out unwanted things...but those who aren't able to block negative entities get drained.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:01 pm

Kitsune wrote:I thought that someone had mentioned starting up another so that we could discuss other stuff that had happened. I must have been wrong. Thanks.
Not neccesarily. I may just not have found it. :roll:

But if you have something to say on the subject, just start a thread. It can only be you that decides that.

I have started a few threads my self that have only had two or three replys. I do not let that stop me annoying you all with another one of my rants. ;)

I have not been flogged for it so far. :cry:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:31 pm

Good idea. I suppose I can learn to be more assertive. I'll think on it, and after figuring out what to put in the post, will post it. I was considering it, but I'm not sure which side of "Too Weird" some of my experiences are. Does anybody else worry about that or is it just me?

:oops: