Shamanic Journeys & Drumming

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.

Do you use drumming, rattling or music for journeying?

Yes, I use drumming that is recorded.
No votes
Yes, I use drumming that I play myself.
18%
Yes, I use drumming that is played by someone else with me.
9%
Yes I use rattling or other sounds I play myself.
No votes
Yes I use rattling or other sounds that are recorded or played by others with me.
9%
Yes I use recorded music.
55%
No, I don't use anything other than my imagination to journey.
9%
Other.
No votes

Total votes: 11

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

damsel fly splendor...

Post by dragonflydrummer » Wed May 04, 2005 6:16 am

Those certainly are beautiful, Stormy -- thankee. It's getting to be the season to go out and commune with the wee critters again soon. Been playing kalimba a little more lately in anticipation...

Is there a large Pagan community around Pittsburgh with gatherings and drum circles and the like? :sunny: :happy3:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Stormy

Re: damsel fly splendor...

Post by Stormy » Wed May 04, 2005 6:47 am

dragonflydrummer wrote: Is there a large Pagan community around Pittsburgh with gatherings and drum circles and the like? :sunny: :happy3:
Actually, I have learned that there is, but with my acute photosensitivity (allergic to the sun in layman's terms) and severe allergies, I just can't comfortably attend most of them. I used to go to a meeting out at a Borders book store, but in the spring/summer/early fall they insist on having the meeting outside in the lawn and I just can't handle it (the filtered air conditioner air actually helps a LOT with the seasonal allergies).
It really sucks to love nature and the outdoors so much and have so many problems with it. But I still get to enjoy it, just not when most other people do - at night, when most plants aren't pollinating and the sun is hiding. Or I'm also good in the daytime in deep woods so long as I've packed down a handfull of allergy meds first LOL.

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed May 04, 2005 5:49 pm

Oh total Suckage, Stormy!
I, too, suffer from the Allergy Demon. Never get a break. Fall: Ragweed, Goldenrod; Winter: Dust, mold, mildew; Spring: Pollen; Summer: Grass.

Luckily, though I overheat easily, I'm not photosensitive. I have a good friend who is, though...and it isn't a pretty picture when he cooks!

Oh well.
Do you have any info on this group that you could PM to me? I might want to look into it.

Sigh, yeah temperate regionS!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu May 05, 2005 7:30 am

Kystar wrote: Do you have any info on this group that you could PM to me? I might want to look into it.
yahoo group with events listings for Pgh
Evergreen Discussion Group Info

Feeling really bad today, eyes itching, sore throat, runny nose, so not able to type much more...

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu May 05, 2005 10:24 am

Sorry you're not feeling well.

Thanks for the info.

I think Rose petals in tea might help...I know that its supposed to help hayfever.

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri May 06, 2005 5:55 am

I always thought there should be more outdoor events at night, Stormy. But Whoa -- sounds like PA is an allergy-fest for the pollen stricken -- it's not so bad here but for the durned maple-catkins... :-x
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri May 06, 2005 10:51 am

Oh, PA is definately NOT a place to be if you have environmental allergies!

Too many extremes!

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri May 06, 2005 11:05 pm

Seems like such a temperate -- middle Atlantic latitude -- but it's more like Ohio River Valley weather there isn't it? I've been to Philly, but that's about the extent of my PA travel experience. I realize that's quite different from Pittsburgh. Definitely on my list of US cities to visit...

After I get my allergy shots... heh heh... :lol: