The Necronomicon - A Book of Summoning

Where did I put that Grimoire?
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Re: The Necronomicon - A Book of Summoning

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Yea. 4shared.com has a bunch of freebie downloads. There's no payment.

IT'S NOT WAREZ. IT'S A PUBLIC FILEHOSTING SITE THAT HAPPENS TO HOST ANYTHING YOU WANT TO PUT ON IT.

Well, I like it for downloading some RPG reference materials, along with some other fun books. :P
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Well, you're right and wrong.. it's not Warez cause warez means literally "stolen software"... however it is still a major copyright violation, which has some very bad penalties. I'm not going to say use it, I'm not going to say don't use it, but I will say "be aware that by using it you open yourself up to fines and prison time".

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:38 pm

Welcome to the 21st century.
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:45 pm

*quirks one brow questioningly* jeun fils, I helped build the 21st century when it comes to online content, code, systems, etc. I've been here since the beginning. That said, people still need to be aware of what they risk when downloading, then it's up to them. Knowledge is important, no matter what form and being aware of risks you take is even more so. I won't say do it or don't do it, but I will say "here's what you risk by doing it". Mes Dieux, I was downloading music before there was a napster, lol... I can't cast a stone at others, but I can make sure they know that if the download is monitored when they access it, it can be tracked back to them and they can be prosecuted.

Food for thought, please take a moment to munch on it and come to your own conclusions.

Wassail

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Responding to your PM about me smarting off:

Um, I was just reitterating the bluntness of the 21st century. Yea, it's illegal. I don't like it, either... But it's a snowball's chance in hell (I always find this saying odd, because Dante wrote that Hell got COLDER as you descended) that I'm going to pay for someting that's opened to me freely, and so easily. I didn't mean to offend you or anything, just trying to roll my eyes at the idiocracy that IS the 21st century.
But without 4shared (*cough* AND PAGANLIBRARY) I would have absolutely have no reading material to learn from. I'd still be sliding in the Books A Million (I don't live in Huntsville. It's a big mall where I do this) while my parents are shopping in Belks, hood up, paying in single bills and coins I'd saved up for one or two books by Konstantinos, Gardner, or Cunningham, while shoving them down my shirt and explaining to the nice lady that I need to do this and to please forgive the awkwardness as I slide out to the car to meet them and go back to Nowhere.
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Hytegia wrote:books by Konstantinos, Gardner, or Cunningham
A great author for you is Kristen Madden, or try Ted Andrews. Alberto Villoldo is fantastic as well. Try reading "Dance of the Four Winds" and then "Island of the Sun." Gardner and Cunningham are good, but I find they have easily taken promising students and confused them with flashy colours. Even DJ Conway has her merrits, and I have never seen her lead a mass of teens down a rabbit hole of ego and "betterthanthepopulationness." Not saying that's you, but be careful. When hungry for knowledge, make sure you get the RIGHT knowledge, not just who seems to have the answers. Granted, Gardner and Cunningham have great information. They have just been seduced by illusion on many levels. Not as much as major religions, but still enough that I worry when someone has their library filled with their stuff.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Cunningham's book "The Truth About Witchcraft Today" was the first book I ever got my hands on, and it says EXACTLY that quote! I wrangled an old copy from a garbage bin outside the Library... I asked why she was throwing away books, and she said they'd been told to toss them all by popular demands. I nabbed it from there along with a few others that were just falling apart. It was printed late 80s early 90s. It got me started.

:)
Nor any drop to drink."

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Hmm that was some interesting stuff earlier on the digital manifestation. :lol: I kinda like that name as it encapsulates so much.

Oh Hytegia, I listened to your story about your friend at Church camp and your interpretation on the "how" of the situtation.
I'm not challenging your thoughts in anyway, but it might be interesting for you to pursue the thought that instead of "she made it happen" to perhaps she simply "she asked for it to happen".

The universe is a great place to live and she responds to both negative and positive, sometimes with good results, sometimes bad, and sometimes with results you can quite simply say wtf?
You seem to come from a Christian upbringing and are branching out to newer ideas, most of us come from similar upbringings and the one piece of advice I can give is to never limit yourself to one train of thought as that leads quite simply to stagnation, and where's the fun in that.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:18 pm

I've been at this for awhile... But I'm simply stuck on that! :(
Well, I debated with myself on her Asking, but it didn't make sense. Asking implies a lay of doubt, I think... But Asking was my second best guess. Did I go on to say that when I persued the raw beief route I managed to call the wind?

*Thinks*

Well, I asked for that t happen too, so I guess you're right.

Thanks!
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:38 pm

It really depends on if you're talking magick or chi/qi work... the later takes a lot of long, intense training and by some is considered "sorcery", however it is actually different, which really surprised me when I started learning it in my late teens. Chi is all about direct energy manipulation, but as a rule in harmony with the natural world. It is controllable, but it takes a LOT of intense training. Magick can be a little like this, sometimes a lot, but Arcanum is right, you often get better results when you "ask" as opposed to "tell". Kind of like dealing with an alpha personality, or a just plain stubborn one. The old phrase about attracting better with honey than vinegar holds true in other ways as well at times.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:49 pm

I still believe the leeson she was trying to tell me in that cryptic response was this:

Stop WANTING it to happen and just do it. You can want all you want, and nothing will happen. But if you Make it happen, then it will.

OH GOD... I'M GOING TO-

"If ye have the faith of a mustard seed, you could tell the mountains Go here and they will move."

OH NOEZ I'M- I'M-

"By your faith you are healed."

OH GODS I'M QUOTING SCRIPTURRREEEE TO BACK UP MY POINTS. MUST STOP! MUST RESIST!

Lol
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:01 pm

that may be what she meant, but honestly, that doesn't make it necessarily correct... again, belief is only one part of the foundation for magick... or even chi work.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:40 pm

I have a question:

What if you believe that belief is all that you need? What IF Belief is the foundation of the Pyramid on which all Magick is build? What IF by mere solid belief, we can do these things? I mean, have you ever thought of it like that?
We believe that things are needed to make things work a certain way- but what if (just open your mind for a moment) we conceive the idea of complex structures and rules simply because the human mind can't comprehend something that is so simple?!
Oh, yea, that's what my books about.
*shrug*

But still, Book aside, do you think that this could be an explenation?
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:53 am

Belief isn't the foundation, it's only one part of 3. Belief is important, but that isn't all.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:18 am

You have to be careful with just plain belief as the source of your magic, as there's all kinds of room for error.

I can believe that I can make the sky red all day long. And then suddenly around 7 PM the sky starts to turn red.

Did I do that?

No. The earth's rotation moved the sun in the sky, causing the light to refract differently relative to my point of view, changing the color of the sky as it moves through the spectrum of visible light.

Believing in yourself is very important, yes. But even with all the confidence in the world, I still need to be able to focus my intent to the purpose for which I am working toward and then direct whatever energies I'm using, whether my own or something harnessed.

There are many different paths and methods to magic, but they're all made up of the same elements. If some are missing, all you're doing is walking in place.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake