Meat Recipes???

So, what's for dinner?
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Meat Recipes???

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Yea. I was wondering if anyone had gotten ahold of any ritual-like or traditional meat recipies.
We managed t get in contact with more Pagans to celebrate Litha with and I GET TO BE THE HIGH PRIEST (Well, more like a Master of Events. We (By we, I mean me and the other person planning it) don't like the idea putting someone ahead of anyone else. This is just going to be a celebration of our Faith). In any case, only one's a vegetarian, and the rest don't care about meat and...

Well, I need something to serve. Ofcourse, I could just buy, like, 3 bags of Krystals. But I want to try to make it traditional if I could. I wouldn't mind if it's just something from Hamburger meat, but I would perfer something more traditional (as I said).
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Meat Recipes???

Post by Kystar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:37 pm

The first thing that sprang to my mind after I looked up the mythos was actually Venison.

I'd guess that anything you can cook out over a fire would be appropriate though.

Have you ever tried to ground-over roast Chicken?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Sounds tastey....
:)
*Nom nom nom*
Thanks. Any more ideas, though?
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 am

Mid-summer is always a good time for a cook-out! BBQ!

Burgers and chicken would probably be good. Hot dogs are too processed, but some ppl really like them. (Not saying I DON'T Eat HD's, just try not to a lot)

A good "grill" marinade for chicken is surprisingly enough, Italian Dressing. Not the creamy stuff...the oil, vinegar and spices type. But you want to make sure you put it on late in the grilling because otherwise the spices burn. Brush the chicken with olive oil before, or the grill, to get good sear lines. When it's almost done, brush it with the Italian dressing.

Worcestershire sauce is a good way to make burgers good, or balsamic vinegar. Mix either in with the meat.

In my family, though, burgers are more like mini-meatloaves than burgers. We put minced garlic and onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and italian bread crumbs into the meat, until it's sticky, and then grill them.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 am

Hmm, I never thought about incorporating Balsamic Vinegar into the mix... About how much would you use in a standard recipe (compared to how much meat)?

Ours are sorta like mini meatloafs as well. We use Vegetable Thins for the crackers and they work incredibly well! Plus an egg, green onion or chives, garlic, rosemary, oregano, cinnamon... The stuff you can add to Hamburgers is wonderful!

Since you're celebrating the solstice, you could make Hamburgers, but use only spices that resonate with the "Solar" aspect of the season... I'd give you a list of those here, but as I'm moving, I can't find any of my disks where I stored that sort of herb information. :oops: #-o

I know that eggs definately resonate with solar, as does rosemary and thyme, I believe... Anybody remember more completely what else is on the list? :?:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:50 am

Well, gee...I've never measured. I'm one of those annoying cooks that do everything but baking by glance, scent, and taste.

Well, for a pound of beef, depending on the strength of your balsamic, I'd say anywhere between 2 - 4 teaspoons. Maybe as much as 6, but that's really pushing it...I'd only use that much if your balsamic is really mild.

As for "Solar" related herbs, I don't have a reference that I would trust for cooking...so I have to defer to someone else to provide that info.

I can tell you herbs that are grown in full sun...as opposed to shade.
Basil, Rosemary, Tarragon, Cilantro/Coriander, Sage, Thyme all need to be planted in full sun to grow well. I'm sure there are others, but those are the seeds I have on hand, and thus the info I have available.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Sage is always the BEST for anything.......
Well, thanks guys. I'm kinda sad right now though.
:/
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm

When the girls and I would get together weekly for a spiritual girl's night, we'd all gather and bless the food together, especially if it was something we made together. One time I brought a brownie cake, and we sat in a circle and blessed it and poured healing energy into it with a statement of our desires.

Similar things can be done with meat. Whatever you bring, make it special by allowing everyone to join in - maybe suggest that you all gather around the table and pour some good energy into it.

If you wanted something traditional, I'd do a stew, depending on what you mean by "traditional." Or some little meat pastries, like those mini tarts filled with savoury ground meat. If you really want to make it special, go organic. The simple act of buying organic (because of the price and the health benefits) makes a nice statement to the universe and helps to set the stage for your culinary creation :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:56 am

Well these little get togethers are more like Celebrations that we're undiscovered thus far, and that we can all be together for this one night in secret... Unfortunately less about giving praise to the Spirits and the Crone.
:(
It sucks because we can't just go outside and do this. It'd be a group, at midnight, walking through Streets clothed in black, red, and other colors, towards one of the few places that some of us (I'm sure) actually sneak out and celebrate it there... I don't know the odds but my gut just SCREAMS that we'd be caught.

Anyways, I'm feeling a bit disillusioned at the moment. I might hand it off and miss Litha this year.
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 am

Kids go walking at night all the time. I still go walking at night. Maybe everyone should meet but take different routes - or be assigned different times to arrive.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Here, anything between 9:00 PM and 4:00 AM is suspicious behavior, and tey can pull us wherever the hell they want for questioning.
:/
Nowhere Police have a habit of doing what they want when they want, and make excuses and reasons for it later. They'd pull you over because they have a Ticket Quota, and asking you abit to find out IF you're doing anyting wrong, then give you a ticket for whatever they find there... It's just one example. They dragged me and my friends back to our houses for being out, and told our parents they were afraid we were doing something illegal.
They'd do it again, too. Especially if they saw Pennacles.
Nor any drop to drink."