Grrrrrrr...bread

So, what's for dinner?
Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Grrrrrrr...bread

Post by Bandersnatch » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:00 am

Just an update on the pie situation.

Thank you CHL, my pie was great and the pie crust made it even better.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. I know I'm thankful I found this forum. I have learned so much from all of you. So thanks to everyone. :hug:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:17 am

Happy Thanksgiving ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 am

yay good pie crust! Happy thanksgiving.

i might be over critical here...my family all said they enjoyed the bread..sigh, who knows. People keep trying to give me yeast free recipes but I like yeasty bread so I will keep trying.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:29 am

Yeast-free bread is cake without the sugar!

(Kidding)

Willow have you tried sourdough?

Also, is the heat even in your oven?
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:17 pm

I am thinking of sourdough, its just that i am travelling alot and my husband is a bit too spacy to watch a sourdough starter.

my oven is strange, i am still figuring out why it is so tempermental, some things undercook while other things burn...so I guess it might not be even, unfortunately it is a rental and comes with the unit so I can't even replace it!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 pm

I so totally understand that Willow. My oven cooks unevely ... And all I want is a simple gas oven ... *prays* ... But alas, this is what we put up with in rental properties :-(
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Bandersnatch wrote:Just an update on the pie situation.

Thank you CHL, my pie was great and the pie crust made it even better.
Bandersnatch, did you cook it like that? Did you do any pre-cooking or just with the filling?
white_harmony wrote:I so totally understand that Willow. My oven cooks unevely ... And all I want is a simple gas oven ... *prays* ... But alas, this is what we put up with in rental properties :-(
My oven is great, but my dryer has destroyed many of my clothes :evil: My landlord isn't that good with mechanics, either...
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 am

My landlord is good with nothing. Period. lol ... We've been here ... 3 and a half years since we moved up from Brisbane. When we looked at the place, the living room window was missing it's fly screen, which was sitting on the balcony. The realestate assured us that it would get put back up. Three and a half years later ... It's still not put up ... And no way in heck am I finding a ladder tall enough so that one of us could screw it back on >< Stupid landlords grrr lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:58 am

Our landlord THINKS he is handy, it is almost worse, therefore becuase our tub leaked water, he sealed off the overflow instead of opening up the walls and fixing the base of the tub like he needed too, instead of fixinf our leaky ceiling he went into the attic and laid down plastic, needless to say, we will be moving as soon as we find place that we can afford.

I am looking at anv oven thermometer, apparently they can help becuse there si a chance your oven just doesn't heat fast or heats slowly. That might help, Iw ill keep you all posted!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 am

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been fighting a head cold and doing a lot of running around so I could get back to the computer.

I did not pre-cook they pie, just made the crust and tossed in my apples, etc and threw it in the oven until the apples were done. I topped it with oatmeal and brown sugar to get a nice top on it. The crust added a new and very nice flavor to the usual apple pie. Everyone liked it a lot.

Thanks for your help CHL. :hug:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Very cool! Glad it turned out :)
Crazy Healer Lady

lacielonestar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lacielonestar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:20 pm

By the way, I thought about this post last night. Good Eats was about bread.