Twists on Lemonade

So, what's for dinner?
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Twists on Lemonade

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:47 am

I don't know about the rest of you but here it is as hot as sin right now. So I am compiling some lemonade recipes to cool everyone down.

----------------------------------
Ginger lemonade

INGREDIENTS:
4 cups lemon juice
4 quarts water
3 cups sugar
14 slices of fresh ginger

PREPARATION:
Put water, sugar and ginger root together in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in 4 cups of lemon juice (fresh or bottled). Let it sit and cool for about 20 minutes or so, then remove the ginger root pieces.

Chill your ginger lemonade before serving.
Sliced ginger will make strong lemonade, but if you really like the ginger taste, you could chop it into smaller pieces for more flavour. Just make sure to strain your lemonade well before serving.

This recipe also freezes well served as as a slush or mixes well with vodka as a patio drink!

-------------------------------------------
Rasberry Lemonade

INGREDIANTS
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
3 1/2 cups water
1 container (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
3/4 cup water

PREPARATION
1. Mix sugar and 1/2 cup water in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring once, until sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
2. Mix cooled sugar syrup, the lemon juice and 3 1/2 cups water in 2-quart nonmetal pitcher. Place raspberries in strainer over small bowl to drain (do not press berries through strainer). Reserve berries for making ice cubes. Stir raspberry liquid into lemon mixture; refrigerate.
3. Spoon raspberries evenly into 12 sections of ice-cube tray. Divide 3/4 cup water evenly among sections with raspberries. Freeze about 2 hours or until firm. Serve lemonade over ice cubes.

---------------------------------
Apple Lemonade

Ingredients:
1 quart unsweetened apple juice
1 cup cold water
2 lemons juiced
1 tablespoon sugar

Preparation
In a small pitcher, combine apple juice, water, lemon juice and sugar; mix until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To serve fill tall glasses with ice cubes. Pour juice over the top and garnish with an apple wedge or sprig of mint, if desired

I wouldn't recommend mixing this wwith anything other than schnapps, and it doesn't really freeze that well

-------------------------------------------
BLackberry Lemonade
Ingredients:
4 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 cup blackberries

PREPARATION:
In a large saucepan, bring 2 c. of the water and all of the sugar to a boil.
Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel, and remaining water. Cool slightly.
In a blender combine 1 c. of the lemon mixture and the blackberries; cover and process until blended.strain and discard seeds. Pour blackberry mixture and remaining lemon mixture into pitcher. Stir well. Refrigerate until chilled.

-----------------------------------------

Basic Lemonade Recipe

Ingredients:
6 Lemons
1 cup Sugar
8 cups Ice Water
1 cup Boiling Water

Preparation:
Squeeze juice from lemons into a bowl. Set lemon rinds aside; strain lemon juice into a large pitcher.
Add sugar and ice water; stir until sugar is dissolved.
Set aside. Place lemon rinds in a bowl and add boiling water. Let stand until water is cold. Discard rinds, add water to picher and stir well. Refrigerate until well chilled.

Anyway, you guys get the idea, feel free to post other fruity (or other variations), I think I need to go make some myself.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:43 am

I LOVE YOU! Thanks so much!!!

Ah yes I hear you guys are having the hot stuff right now. Not too bad here.

Cold as all heck in 100-mile O_O
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Speaking of weather, just got back from NFLD, 7 straight days of sun, has that ever happenned anywhere in Canada? Let alone out East?

We were actually swimming in the Atlantic, 27 degrees for the whole week. I guess that is a newfie heat wave.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:47 pm

Well, when summertime hits here on the BC Coast, we go through a drought. A few weeks ago, even my ALOE severely suffered from the heat, and she wasn't even in direct sunlight...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:01 pm

I like to make smoothies with lemonade too. I add lemonade, strawberries, or raspberries, or blackberries, or a mix of them, and some frozen yogurt of any flavor. Maybe a little ice, and there you go. Those are so delicious.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:27 am

An aloe....aren't they grown in deserts? Crazy, Australia is having a drought too from what I understand.

Ontario just gets humid...you are wet even when you aren't sweating!

I LOVE frozen lemonade!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:18 am

Thank you so much for these recipes (although I'm going to have to find a converter to work out what a 'quart' is, :lol:)

The weather is obscenely hot here right now, although I probably shouldn't complain we've had weeks of rain earlier in the summer!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:21 am

Willow wrote:Crazy, Australia is having a drought too from what I understand.
We've been going through drought for a while now; and an on going water problem cause the dams aren't getting the rain. Cross fingers it resolves itself soon.

Those recipes will come in awful handy in a few months time once the heat kicks back in lol. Thank you for them!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:28 am

Jescissa wrote:Thank you so much for these recipes (although I'm going to have to find a converter to work out what a 'quart' is, :lol:)
Try google conversions. Just go to the google homepage and type "How many litres in a quart" (or whatever you are looking for).

It works for almost any conversion!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)