Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

So, what's for dinner?
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:56 pm

You heard right... GODS! Yum! But I am a pumpkin pie fanatic! This recipe can easily be turned raw if need be, or un-vegan

1 can coconut milk
1 can pumpkin
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2c organic cane sugar
1 tsp your favourite blend of pumpkin pie spice (I make my own)

Blend ingredients, and then put in icecream maker. ENJOY!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:20 am

Thank you for sharing :-D I love all sorts of ice cream! I'm very tempted to try making this!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:42 am

Wow, that sounds awesome!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:43 pm

Question about the Ice Cream Makers...

Joe loves Ice cream, and I was going to get him one for a gift...

Does the Ice cream taste like it does when you buy it from a store?

Or for my own personal use, can I use it to make my chocolate chip cookie dough Ice Cream?

How about Butterscotch???

Lots of answers needed before I purchase one of these... :lol: ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:50 pm

If you get a good recipe, oh man, homemade icecream is 1000X better than store-bought!!! I remember making icecream as a kid. It was so rich and creamy, no chemicals... Mmmmm. You can make anything! Add anything solid separately though - add while it's mixing.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:57 am

You can make homemade ice cream without a maker, you just have to make sure you mix everything very well and know that if your mixture is thin the chocolate chips are likely to sink to the bottom! And if you are getting one without a freezer compartment, make sure your freezer can accomodate the machine!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks... I'll look into them...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 pm

So, just to throw this out there....

there is an icecream store in Toronto that makes toasted Marshmallow ice cream, I would honestlly be willing to support it was one of the best ice cream flavours in the world.

Unfortunately, I can't eat marshmallows (they have gelatin in them) but I would encourage all non-vegans on the board to give it a try. It. .. is ... amazing.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:31 am

I know. :( Why Can't they make marshmallows out of Pectin?

Bah. I don't need the sugar anyway...
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:27 am

I have had vegan marshmallows, it's like chewing on your pillow.

Not reccomended, I have heard rumours though that you can make maarshmallows homemade and that they are way better than store bought ones.

Speaking of sugar, there is a new book coming out called the hsitory of the twinkie. hte guy researched every single ingrediant in the snack, it sounds intersting, kind of in the way you can't look away fomr a car accident.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:40 pm

Well, originally marshmallows were made from Marsh Mallow Root ^_^ I found a recipe once... In the move, & in the computer wipe-out, everything got lost... :(
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:34 pm

That stinks...
I am sure you will find it again.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)