Balsamic mushrooms

Post by Willow » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:42 am

One Bottle blasamic vinegar
Half cup Olive Oil
Two teaspoons rosemary
One red pepper, roasted and chopped really small
1 1/2 -2 1/2 lb mushrooms
----------------------------

Mix one cup of vinegar, the olive oil and the rosemary in a large bowl with a lid. Wash the mushrooms, peel if desired, put in the bowl shut the lid and shake.

Pour the mushrooms into a shallow baking dish along with enough vinegar to cover the bottom (don't worry if some of the mushrooms are stacked, they will shrink as they bake)

Put them in the oven @400 degrees C for one hour, stirring every ten minutes and adding enough vinegar to cover the bottom of the pan. The mushrooms will turn a dark mahogany colour. Allow to cool and garnish with the roasted red pepper, serve with toothpick or eat on top of salad.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:15 pm

MMMM YUM!

Have I mentioned I LOVE balsamic vinegar??
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Nope...but I do too. I made these for new years and they were so good I ate half of them before we left for the party.

Word of warning though, the smell will infiltrate your house for a feww days. This is ok if you like vinegar, but other people might not like it as much.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)