Summer Solstice Cookies

So, what's for dinner?
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Summer Solstice Cookies

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:36 pm

:lol: Well, I get my kicks creating new and crazy recipes. I made these this Solstice, and found them to be very well. Note: They are meant to be hard, not moist and soft.

1 cup of oats (or breakfast grains, though you'll have bits that are hard and might give you stomach-weirdness).
1/4 cup honey (or more if desired)
1/4 cup milk
1 egg

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4-1/2tsp salt.

Mix together first 4 ingredients, and then the last three. Cook until lightly brown (15 minutes??) and leave as offerings around for the good people.

They're not really meant for people, though they can be quite tasty. Great for kids (my neice had a great time cooking them with me! and followed to where I placed them around my gardens, but not up the mountain, and took great joy in the fact that they were for the Mountain Spirit ^_^ )

When making offerings for fae, especially this time of year, I always try to include oats, honey, and milk. Thought I would share this crazy recipe.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:01 am

Thanks CHL, they sound pretty easy.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:58 am

Thanks for that. After I get settled in to my new place (which has it's own green space area) I'll make some for the creatures there. It's in downtown Calgary, so I'm certain that they will be shocked to see someone bringing anything for them, they've probally been forgotten so long... :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:39 pm

Awww :cry: Poor little fae. I'm sure you'll be bringing a bunch back to the area!!

Notice if your green stuff grows better than the neighbours' ;) A fun experiment.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:25 am

I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know. Speaking of which...

I moved last night!!!

More on this will be seen in my upcoming thread "Moving... Yeah!!!".

Ahem, anyways.... yeah...

#-o

(I sound like a used car commercial or one of those old Bat-Man episodes... :roll: )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:52 pm

YAY!

Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Crazy Healer Lady