Cheese Dip Bread

So, what's for dinner?
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Cheese Dip Bread

Post by Kitsune » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:45 pm

A bit fattening, but then anything with cheese is.

I'm posting this because I learned how to make it from my Mother, and since I've begun cooking, I've never met anyone who's tasted it and not liked it. Here's the recipe for all you.

1 Sourdough loaf
1 block of Velveeta Cheese(Usually a med sized block will do, but a large block means that once the cheese is gone, you can refill)
Broccoli (Usually one head)
1/4 -1/2 Cup of Milk
Garlic Cloves, finely diced or Garlic Salt (To Taste)
Oregano Leaves, finely diced or powdered
A pinch of Cinnamon

Cut off the top of the Sourdough bread much like you would a Pumpkin at Halloween. Then take all the bread out of the inside. Rip into small pieces. Put the now emptied shell, and ripped bread pieces onto a baking pan, and bake at a med temp (350 - 400 degrees) until crispy and slightly toasted.

While the Sourdough is toasting, dice up the broccoli, cut the Velveeta into 1 inch blocks, and prepare the herbs (or take the jars out of the cupboard :-D ). Put the Velveeta blocks into a pan and add about a 1/4 -1/2 cup of milk. Start melting over low heat. Add the broccoli, and other herbs and mix constantly until completely melted.

Take bread out and put sauce into bread. Everybody uses the bread to get the cheese sauce, and once all the small pieces of bread are gone, you can start ripping up the bread bowl too.

It's the perfect social snack.

Even my Health Conscious SO's Brother's Wife loved it, and asks that I make it whenever we come over for special occasions.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:33 pm

=P~ mmmmmm That sounds very very good!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:08 am

:angel8: Oh, I will have to try this one.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.