Request for Herbal Medicine Teas

So, what's for dinner?
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Request for Herbal Medicine Teas

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:33 pm

Greetings, all.

I love herbal medicine. I love naming all the various medicinal uses for every herb someone randomly mentions, which I am sure can get annoying but no one has told me yet ;) I've been growing and making herbal remedies (salves, tinctures, teas, compresses, poultices, essences, decoctions, baths, etc etc etc) for years. (Years is a lot at my age... Probably around 10 years...)

I will be offering a variety of herbal teas for customers that I will be giving them for free along with the treatment (and an offer to buy should they want some for their friend), after they sign an agreement saying that they know this is from some half mad lady growing weeds in her yard and that they will excersise their right to not take it. (Don't worry... It'll be more elegant and legal than this!)

I have a bunch of recipes that I use for various ailments/inconveniences. I would like to add more to my list. Preferably something that tastes good, but that's not required. ;)

ALSO!!!

Any recipes for crystal essences would be great!!! I'm making my own and also make them as I get through messages for specific people during the healing, but would LOVE recipes.

And now that I'm posting all this... some input on some good items to put in medicine pouches for general people would be cool, too :oops: Once again I get the information of what to put in it in messages but some basic info would be good. I always put sage in, by the way.

Recipes! Herbal and crystal recipes!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Oh yes. Have some nice teas for calming, as well as a few other bits and pieces. The more effective ones aren't so delicious through :/

Will post them when I get home to my books.

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:57 pm

A bit late in the offing, but what the heck. I don't do teas, but I have a suggestion for making tidy little medicine pouches. I like to make small ones that fit comfortably in a pocket all day, as opposed to the bigger baggie ones a lot of people make for wearing, so these are some suggestions for teenier ones. I use unpopped popcorn to symbolize increase and abundance, so I start with 3 kernels of popcorn, which, by the way, is dirt cheap if you buy the big generic jar (substitute whatever # works for you, obviously). Then I add a token of whatever I want to increase in my life, which I usually use paper confetti for. Weirdly enough, if you check party stores they often have party confetti in shapes that work for lots of things- hearts for love, clover for luck, black cats for protection or eliminating negatives, stars for spiritual power, etc etc. You just have to catch them in the right season, of course, clover during St Patrick's, etc. I just sprinkle a pinch of the confetti in on top of the popcorn while saying the prayer (or dedication or consecration or whatever you do). I'm a big believer in sage also, so I usually add a sprinkle at the end for clarification.

They're not fancy, but they are cheap, effective (in my opinion), and once you've stocked up on confetti, the ingredients can sit on your shelf indefinitely 'til needed. Nothing annoys me more than realizing at the last minute that I've run out of a stone or herb that I wanted to use and have to mail order to get more. Aaargh. And when you're done, you can throw them in a fire to free the magic if that doesn't contradict your tradition. I like to hear the popcorn pop as a mini celebration and offering and thanks for what I've received.
"Obedezco pero no complo"

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:49 am

Somehow I doubt I'd like party confetti in my tea...

But thanks! That's a great idea for herbal sachets ^___^
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Saenor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Saenor » Mon May 29, 2006 8:05 am

My Grandma a pretty old women now (83), she has aproblemj with her bones. When she sit down too long or has to walk it hurts like hell she says, CHL do you have anything for that?
"Desire, ask, believe, receive."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 30, 2006 8:31 am

Glucosomine

Other than that, I cannot think of any herbs off the top of my head (not at home where my HERBAL BIBLE!! is).

Always check with doctor first :-D before taking any supplements
Crazy Healer Lady

Saenor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Saenor » Tue May 30, 2006 12:44 pm

Yes of course, but as you perhaps know. Old people don't believe in the doctor somehow that's the problem, I don't know all the Engish terms for it but she needs medicines and she just refuses too take them unless someone passes by too tell her, phone whatever it won't work very unpleasant I must say... :-(

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 31, 2006 7:31 pm

Ah yes... I'm much the same way. But how does she feel toward natural supplements like glucosomine?? It's not medication you need from a doctor.

Tiger balm can be good sometimes for the joints, but it can irritate the skin on some individuals.

Cayenne cream; ginger tablets helps stop inflamation in joints. Be careful with cayenne cream!!! ouch!
Crazy Healer Lady

Saenor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Saenor » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:09 am

ah thank you ^^
I shall talk with her about it