The Long Awaited Snickerdoodle Recipe

So, what's for dinner?
Crazy Healer Lady

The Long Awaited Snickerdoodle Recipe

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Prepare your senses...

Taken from Pillsbury Kitchens' Cookbook - An All-purpose Guide to Creative Cooking (cannot find date)

Snickerdoodles

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In large bowl combine first 4 ingredients; blend well. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; blend well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Combine 2 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon in a bowl, and roll balls in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 F. for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Makes 48 cookies.

* note here: don't press the snickerdoodles in when you put them on cookie sheet. Best eaten FRESH AND PIPING HOT!!!
If these aren't the best cookies you've ever eaten, well, my friends, you have done it wrong ;) ;) ;) :lol: 8-) These are comparable to the thing chocolate is supposed to replace ;) ;) ;) lol. Happy baking!

they have a tip in the cookbook: *Self-rising flour is not recommended.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:30 am

Yup, that's the recipe I use and folks fight over them. It's best if you use jumbo eggs too, as they are even moister!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:46 pm

You know what I am talking about! Hurray!

We must convert all these people. Between you and I, we can do it!

(Strange mood... Can you tell?)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:40 pm

All we need to do is send them each a couple of snickerdoodles - they're like heroine - try them once and you're hooked - mwhahahahahaha :lol:

Honestly, when I make them and send them to work with Ken I have to make a double batch or their is too much fighting - the one engineer there is so hooked on them that he ate nearly two dozen at lunch! Not hard to do - I baked them two nights ago and I was munching them hot off the trays - I'd eaten seven before I knew it :oops:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:12 pm

:smt077

As is the power of snickerdoodles.

All fear the sinful treats, and lead us not into sugary temptation. For when Judgement Day is upon us, we want our souls lean and clean and free of any sort of pleasure, as is your will, Oh Mighty Male Chaste Wrathful One. We know that this biscuit of gluttony has been freshly baked by Satan, for we all know that before he was cast out of heaven and into the lake of fire he was not known as Lucifer, as this deceitful one would have us believe, but as Snickerdoodle.

Please help me escape this crazy mood!
Crazy Healer Lady